The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Picasso Pro App ||ProMystic x Ellusionist (195 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
418 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
To the point that it works more reliably on an iPhone rather than an Android ...

So here's a scenario... I'm demonstrating this in a performance of a group of say 10/12 individuals and I need a participant.

Am I to say, "I need someone specifically with an iPhone.. Who here has an iPhone?"

Sounds a little awkward if it's suppose to work on any phone regardless of whether it's an iPhone or an Android... Right?
leosx1
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of leosx1
I bring along my own Ipad which I have tested and found working just shortly prior to my show. This I hand out with the notion of opening up a sketch program on it for them to sketch, flies by very well and assures me a flawless performance.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2155 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2020, Magic from A to Z wrote:
To the point that it works more reliably on an iPhone rather than an Android ...

So here's a scenario... I'm demonstrating this in a performance of a group of say 10/12 individuals and I need a participant.

Am I to say, "I need someone specifically with an iPhone.. Who here has an iPhone?"

Sounds a little awkward if it's suppose to work on any phone regardless of whether it's an iPhone or an Android... Right?

I’m on an iPhone 8
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2020, leosx1 wrote:
I bring along my own Ipad which I have tested and found working just shortly prior to my show. This I hand out with the notion of opening up a sketch program on it for them to sketch, flies by very well and assures me a flawless performance.

Doesn’t make sense. If you’re taking along your own apparatus to do the trick then you might as well take pens and a piece of paper and do the original Color Match.
leosx1
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of leosx1
Magicians thinking.
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
418 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
Sounds like a little too much preconfiguration
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Instead of asking for a specific type of phone, why not observe your spectators during different routines?
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2155 Posts

Profile of 252life
Outlandish! Lol Smile

-Theodore Annemann
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3624 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
If people have their phones out during my performance I must be doing a rubbish set . I often see certain stage acts , and the second they have lost the audience you see all the mobiles come out and everyone checking their texts etc . They are like sheep , once one does it the rest follow its cringeworthy imo Gaz 🙂
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Way to totally miss the point. You’re doing an effect WITH their phone, they’re not mindlessly looking at it during your performance. What an absurd statement.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3624 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Exactly my point Futureal so you won’t know who has what phone unless you specifically ask for of it as it shouldn’t be out . Then of course if it’s an Android you may have to say oh actually has an anyone got an iPhone as it works better with that .
To be fair the only app effects I like is when your phone or theirs is never seen in play , like Cubesmith , WikiTest , Racaan to name just a few Gaz 🙂
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2155 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thx for nothing Gaz Smile..now I feel compelled to look into this Cubesmith and Racaan you speak of ... frigemfragam$&%#!
Just when I think I’ve heard of them all, along comes Gaz threatening my finances.
(On a positive note bookings seem to be starting up again slowly and who needs food anyway)

-Theodore Annemann
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3624 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Lol 😂, sorry Gaz 🙂
fxcreator33
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of fxcreator33
Hi- new here, hope this question is ok to post here. I have the Picasso app on an iPhone, and the only way I can get it to operate is that I must tap the iphone screen twice in between the User interaction in order to see the changes. I have this same problem with the Now2 app, where I have to tap the iphone screen twice for anything to register with the 'background' app. Ive checked and rechecked all settings including notifications, etc. Anyone have this problem or can assist with a fix for me? I assume its something with the way my iphone settings are configured but I can't figure it out. Appreciate any guidance, or please redirect me to the proper place to post if needed ☺︎
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2155 Posts

Profile of 252life
No answer to your questions but welcome Smile

-Theodore Annemann
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4649 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2020, fxcreator33 wrote:
Hi- new here, hope this question is ok to post here. I have the Picasso app on an iPhone, and the only way I can get it to operate is that I must tap the iphone screen twice in between the User interaction in order to see the changes. I have this same problem with the Now2 app, where I have to tap the iphone screen twice for anything to register with the 'background' app. Ive checked and rechecked all settings including notifications, etc. Anyone have this problem or can assist with a fix for me? I assume its something with the way my iphone settings are configured but I can't figure it out. Appreciate any guidance, or please redirect me to the proper place to post if needed ☺︎

Did background app refresh get turned off for Picasso under Settings>General?
fxcreator33
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of fxcreator33
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2020, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2020, fxcreator33 wrote:

Did background app refresh get turned off for Picasso under Settings>General?

No, its turned on 🙁
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Picasso Pro App ||ProMystic x Ellusionist (195 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL