The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » The Silent Wand by Martin Lewis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
I've been meaning to do more stuff with a wand, and have actually bought several over the years, partly to do David Williamson's vanish using the drummer's wand spin. If you don't know the move, watch the first vanish in this video:
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/card-m......spheres/

I find that regular wands just slip too much sometimes and get away from me. Martin Lewis recently started selling a wand that has a metal core with a rubberized outside:
http://magikraft.com/the-silent-wand/

This thing is great! It's the right weight and the rubber surface make using it easy. Also, if you drop it, nothing happens to it. I bought a wooden wand a couple of years ago at Magic Live and the first night I was practicing with it at home, I dropped it, and suddenly there was this big dent in the side. That's not going to happen with Martin's wand.

It has been a lot of fun to work with, and I am already more confident with my spin. It also has a magnet in one end, I don't use that for anything yet, but I'm sure it'll come in handy.

This will be a great addition to your props.
lighthouse9
View Profile
New user
Michigan
50 Posts

Profile of lighthouse9
This wand looks fantastic. I've been looking for one, so thank you for the recommendation. On a side note, David Williamson's routine is fantastic. I love that he uses just two cups.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1145 Posts

Profile of Leo H
It's a great wand! You can do the wand thru cup and not have to worry about scratches and dinging.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1796 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I just ordered one.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1796 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
After getting this wand, and watching the accompanying password-protect video that you get with the wand's purchase, I would agree with Leo H in his assessment, and even more so!

It's quite unlike any wand I have ever purchased in my life, and is perfect for wand spins, and......it WILL NOT TALK if your wand hand is dirty.

In my opinion, this wand and it's accompanying video are a bargain at the asking price, and if you're a cup worker, you will REALLY like this wand for your cup routine, especially if you do, or wanted to do, Vernon's "Magic Wand Cup Moves".

The video production is very high quality, and Martin Lewis demonstrates and teaches several moves and tricks that you can do with this wand due to it's unique construction and design, including three variations of the wand spin.

One of the tricks Martin demonstrates in the video, a rising card trick using jumbo cards and a paper sack, is, in my personal opinion, "worth the price of admission" all by itself.

I know that many magicians, just like me, have, over the years collected several if not many different magic wands that they use for different purposes. If you're a collector of Magic Wands......trust me......you will want this.

It's GREAT!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
748 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I have a Silent Wand too. Wand spins are a breeze with this wand. My only complaint is the tips are a bit too yellowish. I’d have preferred a whiter white. Other than that this wand is outstanding.

Mark
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1074 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Can you do sound effects like in Money talks by D. Williamson ?
Also, I understand the PK fonction is located at a tip ; if I use a coin with metal core, will the coin stand flat on the gimmicked tip ?

Thank you,
Lawrens
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1145 Posts

Profile of Leo H
No you cannot do sound effects. That is the purpose of this wand, to cancel any noise from metal or other solid objects in your hand.

I don't know about the magnetic properties. Have not experimented with the tips yet.
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1074 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2020, Leo H wrote:
No you cannot do sound effects.

Thank you for your answer.
I'll have to pass on this one, my coin magic often rely on sound effects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » The Silent Wand by Martin Lewis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL