The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Quack » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I am looking forward to joining in the discussions here. I have been active in magic since I was a kid, mid 1960's. I perform professionally, platform stage magic, and I specialize in livestock magic--rabbits, ducks and a trained dog.

quack
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Welcome to the cafe Duck, I'm glad you decided to join our magic family! Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile

Quack back at ya, Magic Duck! Smile

We’re soooooo glad you decided to join our

happy little family here at the "Magic Cafe"

We hope you enjoy your stay at the Cafe

and come back often, and bring your friends.

We can always stick the livestock out back

with the horses. Smile

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile (Our livestock) Smile

We do have dancing bananas though.

:banana: Smile Smile Smile Smile

Smile Smile Smile Smile

Mya Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Welcome Duck Smile

Hop on in and take a look around Smile

Glad you could join us here at The Cafe Smile

Smile

Tom
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Welcome aboard, Magicduck.

Looks like we need a new smiley -- duck version! Smile

cheers,

Peter Marucci

showtimecol@aol.com Smile
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Welcome to the Cafe! Smile

I had a trained dog once, you would ask him how sandpaper felt and he would say; "ruff, ruff". Smile

Thanx,

Ichazod

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Ichazod@hotmail.com
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
Welcome to the CAFE !!!!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Welcome!

It's great to have you here!

A trained dog huh? Sounds great!

Again, welcome! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Welcome Duck, everyone seems interested about your trained dog. Smile Smile Smile
Bernard Sim
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
The Trained Dog. Since people wonder what the dog does, I will explain. She is a samoyed, a big white fuzzy dog. Natasha is, I am sorry to say, getting quite old. We have performed together since 1992 and she is a huge hit with audiences. She does two illusions.

For adults and teens we do a sword through neck. I show the apparatus--which I made to fit the dog--and talk about my problems keeping assistants. During this part, like with the arm chopper or guillotine, I haul out an old skull of former assistants and even a cat skull. Then I say I have now switched to dogs, and it seems to work better. In fact, my current assistant has gotten famous. I then show a fake newspaper with the dog's picture and a headline about Natasha and the Famous Sword Thru Neck. When the dog comes out, I explain she is also a psychic K9, would they like a demo. I put a blindfold on her, turn her back to them and she responds to hand signals...they are surprised. Then I give her a signal to turn around and get by my side. When she does they see an eye hole in the blindfold which had not been visible based on how I had positioned her before. Very funny. Then we do the sword thru neck and I refer to her as the "canine shisk-a-bob." Then the dog is available afterwards for audience petting, etc.

For younger kids: The other version is too scary for kids, so I refer to her as the "houdini K9". And show a similar headline about her ability to escape. Then we do the blindfold bit. Then I do a version of walking thru a rope (granny's necklace) which involves different colored ropes, bangles and some colorful stuff. Basically a routine by Gene Gloye, adapted to a dog. The kids hold the ropes and when they pull she escapes. Not as good really as the first effect, but still a pleaser for the kids. And let's face it you can only train a dog to do so many "magic illusions" on stage.

By the way, the dog is well trained. And one point in my life, and still to a lesser degree, I was involved in training high performance police dogs, including working with the RCMP in Canada, who have the best and most skilled working dogs in the world.

quack
Bengi
View Profile
Veteran user
Georgia
309 Posts

Profile of Bengi
Mr. Duck!!!!!

So glad to have another stage performer here!!!

I have been doing stage work for 30 years...look forward to your posts!

And WELCOME!!

Bengi Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Quack » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL