The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New project for Zoom: BM magic (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MichaelMann
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of MichaelMann
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2020, dave_matkin wrote:
So I get this is specifically designed for online stuff.... but could it be used in a live in person show? Given we are still "social distancing" over here would it work in real life? Or a carefully managed show setting eg on stage?


It’s all Black Art magic. You are not doing this “live in person” unless you use stooges like Shin Lim does.

MM
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2372 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2020, MichaelMann wrote:
It’s all Black Art magic. You are not doing this “live in person” unless you use stooges like Shin Lim does.
MM


Sorry Michael, but this just isn't true. It can be done easily if you're using an IMAG set up with cameras to project small effects onto a big screen. It isn't an audience participation type effect with people sitting around the table but would look perfect for the audience watching. There are even ways of doing it with an easel in smaller venues without a camera set up.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
MarianoG
View Profile
Loyal user
SPAIN
257 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
This is some B....... Man!!!! Don´t buy this!

Ps. Yesterday I had a video call with Ali, performed me an effect that will be coming with his next book... well, I want this only for myself. Wait to see my reaction on video.
Arielhamui
View Profile
New user
Buenos Aires, Argentina
48 Posts

Profile of Arielhamui
BM is mind blowing concept taking to another level! Zoom presentations will never be the same after this!
You can do a full show with this concept and do so many diferent rutines that your spectators will never know is the same method!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4415 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On May 13, 2020, todsky wrote:
Not sure if BM is the best name to use...


It's just the initials of store Bakore Magic www.bakoremagic.com

So not sure what your problem is Smile Smile Smile

Sure it's obvious to "us" as magicians.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4415 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2020, MichaelMann wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2020, dave_matkin wrote:
So I get this is specifically designed for online stuff.... but could it be used in a live in person show? Given we are still "social distancing" over here would it work in real life? Or a carefully managed show setting eg on stage?


It’s all Black Art magic. You are not doing this “live in person” unless you use stooges like Shin Lim does.

MM


WOW going for blatant exposure Man you are soooo clever for working out how it works Smile - I can't remember if "Latest and Greatest" is part of the protected area. Even if it's not I'm not sure it's right to "explain" (I say explain most people here can "see" what the principal is. Well, part of the principal I think would be fiar. I think from my question it was clear (at least to me) that I wasn't thinking this could be performed for someone sat at the table with you! I did mention we are still 2m apart (social distancing) and with a carefully managed stage show.



Quote:
On Jun 5, 2020, Ray Pierce wrote:
Sorry Michael, but this just isn't true. It can be done easily if you're using an IMAG set up with cameras to project small effects onto a big screen. It isn't an audience participation type effect with people sitting around the table but would look perfect for the audience watching. There are even ways of doing it with an easel in smaller venues without a camera set up.


That was the sort of thing I was thinking of. Maybe it could be a good section for people who can't get on to the stage to help out. Maybe a wheelchair user, sooner in the balcony, or in the middle of a row flanked by two rugby players or a drunk person says. Seems like there are lots of possibilities. As a wheelchair user I can tell you we never get picked to come on stage in magic shows. And I only know of one wheelchair user who can levitate in his chair - Wayne Dobson!

Also, there are uses for this method that are used in some other effects - thinking about some apparatus that lots of kids entertainers use amongst others. Etc - O really appreciated your reply Ray - very helpful. Take care have a good weekend.
MichaelMann
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of MichaelMann
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2020, dave_matkin wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2020, MichaelMann wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2020, dave_matkin wrote:
So I get this is specifically designed for online stuff.... but could it be used in a live in person show? Given we are still "social distancing" over here would it work in real life? Or a carefully managed show setting eg on stage?


It’s all Black Art magic. You are not doing this “live in person” unless you use stooges like Shin Lim does.

MM


WOW going for blatant exposure Man you are soooo clever for working out how it works Smile - I can't remember if "Latest and Greatest" is part of the protected area. Even if it's not I'm not sure it's right to "explain" (I say explain most people here can "see" what the principal is. Well, part of the principal I think would be fiar. I think from my question it was clear (at least to me) that I wasn't thinking this could be performed for someone sat at the table with you! I did mention we are still 2m apart (social distancing) and with a carefully managed stage show.



Quote:
On Jun 5, 2020, Ray Pierce wrote:
Sorry Michael, but this just isn't true. It can be done easily if you're using an IMAG set up with cameras to project small effects onto a big screen. It isn't an audience participation type effect with people sitting around the table but would look perfect for the audience watching. There are even ways of doing it with an easel in smaller venues without a camera set up.


That was the sort of thing I was thinking of. Maybe it could be a good section for people who can't get on to the stage to help out. Maybe a wheelchair user, sooner in the balcony, or in the middle of a row flanked by two rugby players or a drunk person says. Seems like there are lots of possibilities. As a wheelchair user I can tell you we never get picked to come on stage in magic shows. And I only know of one wheelchair user who can levitate in his chair - Wayne Dobson!

Also, there are uses for this method that are used in some other effects - thinking about some apparatus that lots of kids entertainers use amongst others. Etc - O really appreciated your reply Ray - very helpful. Take care have a good weekend.


Sorry Dave. This is perfect for Zoom but most working magicians here are not doing a full stage shows.For strolling or small parlour shows (where most of the jobs opportunies are) this is useless.

MM
gbavli
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of gbavli
If you are NOT familiar with the BM project - (Haim Goldenberg - Amir Lustig - Guy Bavli) it is one of the most practical and dynamic yet easy to perform virtual mentalism concepts! https://bakoremagic.com/collections/fron......-project
We are doing a live workshop on the BM-PROJECT tomorrow Sunday June 7th. 3pm. It is FREE for those who purchased the BM-PROJECT on www.BakoreMAGIC.com and once you have your order number you can gain access to our BM facebook group where we share with the other professional many routines and effects based on this concept. Also our workshop will be LIVE on that group. here is a video explaining about the workshop: https://vimeo.com/426555914/f98571b1b8
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2372 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2020, MichaelMann wrote:
Sorry Dave. This is perfect for Zoom but most working magicians here are not doing a full stage shows.For strolling or small parlour shows (where most of the jobs opportunies are) this is useless.
MM


Michael.... I'm really having trouble understanding your objections. There are MANY effects which aren't suitable for "strolling or parlour shows" Most of my illusions aren't suitable, a lot of my close-up isn't suitable, many of the new effects created for online presentations aren't suitable. That would seem to be self evident to most rational performers. The only thing that seems to be useless are your comments about trying to apply your own performance limitations to this method. It's obviously not for you in your strolling shows... but your opinion doesn't seem to apply to the rest of us successfully using it.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New project for Zoom: BM magic (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL