The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Conspiracy Theories (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2542 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
You've proven conclusively that intelligence is no barrier against falling prey to conspiracy theories.

Russell wrote this when he was 91 years old. His mental faculties were clearly declining, and he published the article before the Warren Commission released their findings. Many of the questions and assertions made by Russell have been answered by the Warren Commission as well as the more recent HSCA.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
Asking questions is not a conspiracy theory, despite what lone nuts may think and answers to questions are not necessarily truthful or satisfactory ones. The Warren Commission and the HSCA gave contradictory answers to one another and so one or both of them must be wrong.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20370 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Just because you can't understand an answer doesn't make it wrong.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27096 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Over a hundred years ago the word theory was claimed by those who provide accurate prediction. Using Newton's mechanics gets you some confident results in ballistics. However, magic bullets are plot devices in fantasy stories.

A story may satisfy some personal or social need. Practical wisdom has its merits. Don't be so quick to dismiss the Sophists.

Why use mixed language when offering an opinion? Available evidence and reliable methods of inference do or do not support a claim. But that's not such a great story. So, the teapot did it. Maybe Oswald knew he was an agent of the teapot. Maybe he didn't. Did anyone ask Ruby whether he had any interest in talking to Oswald about motivations? Looking at an interview transcript it sure seemed important ask whether he was a member of the Communist party. Would it have really mattered if he was? FYI: https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/wa......-17.html

Is the teapot red?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4911 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
Available evidence and reliable methods of inference do or do not support a claim

Not quite as simple as a physics equation.

For example, what conclusions might be drawn from the following pieces of evidence:

''He was taught the Russian language when he was in the military. Do you think that is usual, that an ordinary soldier is taught Russian? Also, he got in and out of Russia quite easily, and he got me out quite easily,'' said the Russian-born [Marina Oswald]Porter. She had emigrated from the Soviet Union in 1961 after marrying Oswald, who had defected to the Soviets and then changed his mind and returned to the United States."

Marina's way of adding up that evidence was this:

Porter said that in retrospect, Oswald seemed professionally schooled in secretiveness, ''and I believe he worked for the American government.''

https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKSoswald.htm
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
260 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
I studied Russian while in the military. Being fluent in another language could give you extra pay as well. I was interested in getting into OSI, but the cold war ended and learning Russian was no longer in demand as before. I have also known military members who have married Russian citizens. Not that rare of a thing.
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4911 Posts

Profile of landmark
Defectors who get in and out with ease?

And you hit the nail on the head why it was taught to you.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27096 Posts

Got me wondering how long he had been working at the depository: http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%......2019.pdf

And when was a decision made to drive by his workplace. https://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/route.htm
https://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/dmntot.gif

Any thoughts on A. J. Hidell and O. H. Lee?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
Science is not decided by a show of hands but criminal trials are and so criminal trials are not science are they?

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27096 Posts

Before the show of hands comes much fuss about oaths, rules, and then a ritual of accusations and pleadings, followed by more fuss about rules...
Folk wisdom has it that there is much truth in:
I want to see justice done-how much can you afford?
The case is almost entirely decided by the choice in name brand council/representative(s)

There was a quote in the New York Post (Hulk Hogan video vs Gawker) about single digit millionaires being unable to afford justice in the courts today.

Any clues about the teapot today?
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
260 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2020, landmark wrote:

I was actually teaching myself and not trained by the military. It later led me to a deep appreciation of Russian Literature.
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
The presumption of innocence is an American legal principle that one is considered innocent until proven guilty. Since neither Oswald or the 9/11 accused got their day in court, they must be considered innocent unless you want to be unamerican about it. Once you throw that legal principle out of the window then what else have you got apart from theories and unamerican activities?

Tommy
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2542 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Who is throwing that principle out the window? Under the law, Oswald was never convicted of murder. That doesn't mean a subsequent investigation can't yield evidence of his involvement. It only means, that as a dead man, he can't be charged with a crime.

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4911 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2020, Animated Puppets wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2020, landmark wrote:

I was actually teaching myself and not trained by the military. It later led me to a deep appreciation of Russian Literature.

Impressive!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
Anybody who does not consider Oswald innocent, including you and the Warren Commission, is throwing out the presumption of innocence because he was never proven guilty. The Taliban offered to hand over Osama bin Laden if evidence was produced against him but US the government said we do not negotiate with terrorists and instead went to war. Do you or have you ever considered Osama bin Laden innocent? The us government sets its self up as judge and jury, makes a hit list and sends out hit men to murder people in cold blood and then the people run around shouting USA. USA and you have the temerity to ask who is throwing out the presumption of innocence? All you have with these commissions and reports are theories and not very good ones neither.

Tommy
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2542 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Jonathan was right after all, it was Russell's teapot. Prove us wrong.

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4911 Posts

Profile of landmark
No need to prove Russell right or wrong. Russell stated some basic facts which addressed the underlying procedural issues and make up of the Warren Commission. None of that has been addressed. It's interesting that he stated them *before* the conclusions were printed. So he was not taking a side on the results, but indicating why it was a flawed process from the start.

For example, from a purely theoretical point of view, IF the CIA were involved, do you think a panel headed by Dulles might possibly ignore, omit, or fail to pursue other leads? Bodies investigating themselves don't tend to do well.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2542 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
The problem with this line of thinking is it can be used for every criminal investigation ever conducted. Any investigation can generate a conspiracy theory about the investigators. Without evidence, however, it’s a hollow accusation.

This type of thinking also assumes that every investigating member of the CIA is more interested in protecting other CIA members than getting to the truth. That is also an assertion that would have to be demonstrated.

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4911 Posts

Profile of landmark
Look up the history of Allen Dulles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Conspiracy Theories (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.76 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL