The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Conspiracy Theories (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20370 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 11, 2020, magicalaurie wrote:
Quote:
On May 11, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:

Well played.

I know this is true. Bigfoot told me

His name is Darryl. Smile

I'm an idiot I am sorry. Yes of course! I should have put that in. My bad. But to be fair, I am not certain everyone would have known that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Well, apparently, he actually spells it Daryl, but I didn't have time to fix that. No worries. Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
For the skeptical:

Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1513 Posts

Profile of Cain
Solid work, Steven.

The Epstein conspiracy was especially infuriating as people did not even seem bothered to try to explain anything at all. It was just so "obvious." Yes, the man with a previous suicide attempt was clearly done in by a super-assassin (who left no signs of a struggle and vanished). There was a real conspiracy in that case... the keystone guards tried to cover up shirking their duties.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
Was Epstein charged with conspiracy and if so does it not follow that the state must have had a conspiracy theory to charge him?

Moreover, if we go by Steven's definition of what a conspiracy theory is, then Epstein and co must have had no case to answer.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27096 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Looks like a safe game to add things to the story. Like adding sand to make a larger pile. Reverse Jenga? Added points for stabilizing the existing pile?
"They" like things warmer and more greenhouse gasses so they support industry.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
We get theory from theatre; spectators take a view.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4911 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
"They" like things warmer and more greenhouse gasses so they support industry.

The "theory" is exactly the opposite.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
Spectators in the theatre take a view of the plot.

In magic, the plot is nonsense, which turns out to make sense.

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
Quote:

Well played.

Does he have brothers named Larry and... well... Darryl? Smile
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27096 Posts

The ever expanding dictionary: https://www.ubergizmo.com/2020/05/ai-gen......tionary/
Meanwhile in the dialectic... Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20370 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 17, 2020, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well played.

Does he have brothers named Larry and... well... Darryl? Smile

Now you're just being silly.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Yep.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
If you can’t believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast, then how are you ever going to create a magic effect?

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27096 Posts

Quote:
On May 21, 2020, tommy wrote:
If you can’t believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast, then how are you ever going to create a magic effect?
By getting the audience to temporarily believe one? Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
Little children are the ones who can believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast and follow them to their logical conclusions in play; it is called freedom or free-thinking or something. Little kids may be a great source of magic plots.

As children grow older they lose this freedom, are told what to think and cannot think for themselves at all. At least 97% agree and God forbid anyone expressing a thought that does not toe the party line.

Tommy
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2542 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Agreed. And there is a world of difference between thinking for yourself and actively eschewing the opinion of a consensus of experts and substituting it with a counter idea that has no evidentiary warrant for belief.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
589 Posts

Profile of karnak
Reminds me of the famous quote by Isaac Asimov:

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27096 Posts

Conspiracy also reads as a fancy word for blame.
Expert opinion can be a sponsored product.
The disclaimer at the bottom of the screen says to ask your ****** if opinions lasting more than four hours have been known to cause serious side effects including discussion and in extreme cases may lead to questions.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Ghislaine Maxwell Conspiracy Theory

Will the conspiracy to entice minors to travel to engage in illegal sex acts be proven true?

Or will Jack Ruby shoot Madam Maxwell?

Legal experts say as a charged co-conspirator, Ms Maxwell is just as liable for Epstein's crimes and faces the same potential punishment.

Death by mysterious suicide?

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Conspiracy Theories (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL