The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Conspiracy Theories (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10~11~12 [Next]
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2542 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
This is from the NIST Q&A: Question 23:
Quote:
23. Why didn't the NIST investigation consider reports of molten steel in the wreckage from the WTC towers?

NIST investigators and experts from the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and the Structural Engineers Association of New York (SEONY)—who inspected the WTC steel at the WTC site and the salvage yards—found no evidence that would support the melting of steel in a jet-fuel ignited fire in the towers prior to collapse. The condition of the steel in the wreckage of the WTC towers (i.e., whether it was in a molten state or not) was irrelevant to the investigation of the collapse since it does not provide any conclusive information on the condition of the steel when the WTC towers were standing.
Under certain circumstances it is conceivable for some of the steel in the wreckage to have melted after the buildings collapsed. Any molten steel in the wreckage was more likely due to the high temperature resulting from long exposure to combustion within the pile than to short exposure to fires or explosions while the buildings were standing.


The full Q&A, and I encourage everyone interested in the topic to give it a read. Interesting stuff:
https://www.nist.gov/topics/disaster-fai......tigation
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20370 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I just figured other steel in the building accounts for it. Not all steel is structural. Not all steel melts at the same heat points.

I could be, and probably am way off. I after all am not the scientific expert that ol Rosie is.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2542 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
That actually fits in with other things I've read. A lot of nonstructural elements in buildings are made of aluminum, not to mention the planes themselves. The melting point of aluminum is much lower and the heat generated by the fire could easily melt any aluminum in the buildings or the planes.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20370 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes it makes sense. It is just not as much fun is all.

People still parrot Kennedy conspiracy stuff and it is just nonsense.

Oddly enough Lincoln WAS a conspiracy involving a bunch of folks! Not many know that. More can spout off Kennedy nonsense they saw in an Oliver Stone movie than what is documented the night Lincoln was shot. How sad.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
197 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Yes it makes sense. It is just not as much fun is all.


Right. For most people mystery and intrigue are more compelling than plain cold facts. And when something impactful and historic happens, mundane explanations seem inadequate. Where I live there is a local access TV station that to this day runs a 9/11 truther program every month or so. They just won't let it go.


Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20370 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yep.

I have told this story but here goes again.

I did a research paper on conspiracy theories. They are great because they give you either someone to blame, or someone to join.

The real purpose seems to be one of balance.

Kennedy is a wonderful example. The man has the hope of a generation and new world! He was much larger than life. The idea that he could be killed by this wretched disgusting human being Oswald does not fit. It is out of balance. Our mind has a tendency to seek balance and reasons. If you imagine a scale like Lady Justice holds with Kennedy on one side and Oswald on the other it is WAY out of balance. To add weight to Oswald is desired and a conspiracy will do just fine.

It is actually an interesting topic.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
197 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Another really good example is Bruce Lee. How could the world's premier martial artist die so young from something like an adverse reaction to medication? He HAD to have been killed! So they say. Then came the sequel to "Enter The Dragon" and it was called "Enter The Conspiracy Theories."

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
“The condition of the steel in the wreckage of the WTC towers (i.e., whether it was in a molten state or not) was irrelevant to the investigation of the collapse since it does not provide any conclusive information on the condition of the steel when the WTC towers were standing.” - NIST

Wow!
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17551 Posts

Profile of Slim King
According to Ron Paul quoting a recent poll, 80% of Americans believe that the Murder of JFK was a Conspiracy. So did Congress. I also do not believe he was the only one involved.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20370 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2020, Slim King wrote:
According to Ron Paul quoting a recent poll, 80% of Americans believe that the Murder of JFK was a Conspiracy. So did Congress. I also do not believe he was the only one involved.


All that poll proves is how uninformed 80% of Americans are. And the number is shifting. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the......iracies/

It also not quite true what you say about congress. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta......inations

From Wiki. "The HSCA found that although the Commission and the different agencies and departments examining Kennedy's assassination performed in good faith and were thorough in their investigation of Lee Harvey Oswald, they performed with "varying degrees of competency" and the search for possible conspiracy was inadequate.[1]:2 The HSCA determined, based on available evidence, that the probable conspiracy did not involve the governments of Cuba or the Soviet Union. The committee also stated that the conspiracy did not involve any organized crime group, anti-Castro group, nor the FBI, CIA, or Secret Service. The committee found that it could not exclude the possibility that individual members of the national syndicate of organized crime or anti-Castro Cubans were involved in a probable conspiracy to assassinate president Kennedy.[3] Although some members of the committee would later state their personal belief that one of those groups were involved in the assassination with Representative Floyd Fithian believing that the Kennedy assassination was orchestrated by members of organized crime.[4]

In a Justice Department memo to the House Judiciary Committee in 1988, the Assistant Attorney General formally reviewed the recommendations of the HSCA report and reported a conclusion of active investigations.[5] In light of investigative reports from the FBI's Technical Services Division and the National Academy of Science Committee determining that "reliable acoustic data do not support a conclusion that there was a second gunman", the Justice Department concluded "that no persuasive evidence can be identified to support the theory of a conspiracy in … the assassination of President Kennedy".

So I am not quite sure where you get that congress thought there was a conspiracy other than you were told by some other conspiracy theorist.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27096 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
That intensity of misguided attention - similar to people trying to follow the pea under a shell or a cat chase a laser pointer dot.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
Like the misguided Cubans and George Bush?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27096 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
A Florida Man joke? Smile Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
Some conspiracies are so incredible that it’s hard to believe them, even after they have been declassified.

Like magic; a dilemma.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2542 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
And some conspiracies are so fascinating that it’s hard not to believe them, even after they have been debunked.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
The quality of debunking is evidently not what it used to be.

We did not find any evidence of molten steel in the basement because we did not look and so there goes that theory.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4911 Posts

Profile of landmark
If a debunker is debunked does that mean s/he's bunked?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
Alan Watt Debunks Albert Einstein

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2csora
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2542 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2020, tommy wrote:
The quality of debunking is evidently not what it used to be.

We did not find any evidence of molten steel in the basement because we did not look and so there goes that theory.


Oh tommy, if you have to straw man the position your fighting so hard against, then you've already lost the argument.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
197 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2020, landmark wrote:
If a debunker is debunked does that mean s/he's bunked?


And what if you're trying to debunk Archie Bunker??

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Conspiracy Theories (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.39 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL