The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Conspiracy Theories » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27182 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Something has to engage a sentiment to discuss while not provoking direct action - or basic skeptical dismissal (the teapot did it, again).
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2020, tommy wrote:
One can prove a story is false when the story would violate the laws of physics if true. To believe such a story one would have to believe in magic. ...

Yet people do. Stories of frogs in heated water pots, atheists in foxholes, elephants learning to fear sunglasses, or just watching people check their horoscopes. Usually a balance between sense and nonsense. If you look from a little further away you can see some trends in stories of their time.

Notice the lack of experimental data about frogs and elephant touching.

So are some people more psychic when presented with red backed ESP (Rhine) cards? Smile /* Derren Brown did a great job using photographs and Out of This World Smile */
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16311 Posts

Profile of tommy
Lemurs are social animals and live in mini-communities of around 10-25 members. As a result of this, they often work together, or 'conspire' to outwit predators using a technique called 'mobbing'. Of course, only we conspiracy theorist’s belief that conspiracies of Lemurs exist.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27182 Posts

Let's distinguish conspire and cooperate... just to mess with landmark Smile

Invitation to conspiracy? -> https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16311 Posts

Profile of tommy
The idiot who supposes that historical events are not sometimes due to conspiracy and supposes that a tinfoil hat will appear upon the head of anyone who dares to posit such a conspiracy theory is clearly not only an idiot but superstitious one. My theory is, that such superstitious idiots are members of some brainwashed indoctrinated cult.

Do governments and corporations routinely conspire to deceive people or do they merely cooperate with each other to do so?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20775 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea Tommy it is everyone else.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16311 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile Cons-Piracy Smile

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16311 Posts

Profile of tommy
With governments and corporations constantly getting into bed with one another and getting up to no good, it is uniquely or strikingly similar to Fascism.

“I served in all commissioned ranks from second lieutenant to Major General. And during that period I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism. I suspected I was just part of the racket all the time. Now I am sure of it.”

Smedley Butler Major General US Marine Corps

https://www.americanswhotellthetruth.org......kzPSSIUY

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5069 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2020, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Let's distinguish conspire and cooperate... just to mess with landmark Smile

Invitation to conspiracy? -> https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/

Jon, not so difficult to parse the difference: conspiracy implies hidden agenda, while co-operation implies transparency.

Would that the ability to distinguish human motive were as easy to distinguish as the difference in word connotation.

That's why knowing past history of the players involved is so important. Danny implies that only the expert forensic detectives are qualified to make judgements. I would argue that equally important, maybe more so, are historians and sociologists who know and/or can find evidence of motive of not only individuals but institutions.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6832 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Like most words in English, "conspiracy" has different meanings. It's impossible to debate when differing sides are using different definitions.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2593 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Agreed. Moreover, "Conspiracy theory" means something very different from the term "conspiracy", and there seems to be an equivocation of those two terms happening throughout this thread.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20775 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Of course there is. It is about making what one "thinks" relevant in spit of the facts.

Most of what landmark is posting is genuine conspiracies.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ThoughtThief
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of ThoughtThief
[error]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27182 Posts

Intention which includes the interests of collaborators and the opposition.

A wheel to spin which won't damage the machinery. Smile
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5069 Posts

Profile of landmark
That conspiracy reads, "collaborators=opposition." Or at least, faux opposition. Plenty of that cosplay for sure.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27182 Posts

We already know the game* "let's you and me team up against him". Take a step back. Consider that when you listen to A, it's all about B and C conspiring. That makes you D in the game. As far as A is concerned it's juggling three pronouns. Smile

Take a second step back and consider what tends not to be in those stories. Nobody talks about the **ffeepot.

* that's not what's in "Games People Play" Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16311 Posts

Profile of tommy
It is possible to conspire to do the impossible.

Tommy
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2593 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
How easy is it for people to buy into conspiracy theories? At last check, 41% of the US population thinks the last election was fraudulent. And all it took was allegations without evidence. Allegations repeated over and over in the hopes that they would be believed--and they have been.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16311 Posts

Profile of tommy
It depends on what you mean by evidence. Evidence, in a legal sense, is anything which tends to persuade one of a fact in issue. Note the word tends. It comes in the form of testimony, exhibits and so on.

To say there no evidence is some claim.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16311 Posts

Profile of tommy
6) Those who live by the network die by the network.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5069 Posts

Profile of landmark
We don't have a choice to live off the network. If you are an owner, you depend on the labor of others for survival; if your labor power is being bought by others you are dependent on them for survival. If you are "self-employed," you are dependent on consumers for survival. As for those supposedly self-sufficient folks, off the grid, raising their own food--whose land is it, Kay?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Conspiracy Theories » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL