The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » No table hopping but something different. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2958 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
No table hopping in my restaurants since March 16th. Other shows cancelled. No surprise there.
BUT... I had a mom contact me regarding her daughter. This family would come in to see me quite often over the years. Well her daughter's birthday was coming up and since they couldn't visit the restaurant mom asked if I could send a message which she would add to other birthday wishes from family, friends and classmates. Mom was going to make a video for her daughter to watch.
I decided to put on a stand-up magic show, dressed up with a colorful sport jacket and I set up a beautiful backdrop. My wife video'd the show on her phone and sent it over. Needless to say mom was surprised and wasn't expecting it. She was very appreciative and I was happy to do it.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3309 Posts

Profile of warren
I was involved in something similar for a terminally ill child myself a couple of weeks back. These little things that can mean so much to people and if we can put a smile on someone's face we should jump at the chance ....well done David.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1110 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Very cool. Stuff like that is inspirational. Thanks for sharing guys.
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
Schools are looking for ways to keep kids motivated during this unique period of virtual learning that most districts have adapted until the end of the school year.

I have used a "Magic Friday" approach where teachers can access me through GoogleMeets/Zoom at a pre-determined time to share a trick or two if the students meet a weekly learning goal.

Contact a couple of local elementary schools in your area with this idea...I'm sure there will be teachers/administrators who will be interested. It might even lead to an assembly performance in the future once schools are back to "normal".
AnthonyCC
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of AnthonyCC
That was really nice of you to do, I bet that made them feel like a million bucks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » No table hopping but something different. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL