The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New magic app SimpleDraw: Peek what a spectator draws on their phone (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
973 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On May 15, 2020, rasp wrote:
Artin, please can you explain in more detail because your post makes no sense as it is?

Why do you assume it will not fool your audience....... other methods and devices used in similar routines always seem to fool and entertain, from what I have seen.

'Your spectators can count 1 + 1'............. How does that pertain to this effect, what has basic maths to do with how people think this might work?

'Impression devices have been around for a long time'............. Yes, obviously for a good reason.

'There is no layer of deception'........... He is selling a tool, a means to an end. Surely it is the responsibility of each individual performer to create a routine which contains the layers of deception.

'They directly look at the solution'........ I have no idea what this means.

'Costly imp devices need a convincing presentation and good management'.......... Yes, one hundred percent agree with you on this point, but that is down to the individual performer not the tool, method etc, and certainly not the responsibility of the creator of the tool, method etc.

'This app is ridiculous'............ No, I totally disagree.

Rasp,

it makes a huge difference if you are utilizing a pad of paper (which is a layer of deception by itself compared to this) or directly sharing a information on a website/screen.
All good impression devices do their very best to be as far away from a technical appeal as possible.
It is hardly possible (and not even worth it!) to create a believable and fair basis as it remains a website.

You can try creating whatever layer of deception you want for a routine but the tool itself will always lead to the most obvious conclusion.
“people can count 1+1“ is a saying here for “people are not stupid“.

They directly look at the solution: You present a routine using this website and they will instantly know how it’s done.
Even if they know partly how you achieved your routine - the game is over from the start.
Even if they think the solution lies within the special website - they are right.

I believe that the creator had noticed a demand for this app when Picasso Pro users requested that feature.
But still it is big nonsense to publish something like that and think it is useful.
Iam usually open minded when it comes to every mentalism tool but this doesn’t make sense at all.

Do yourself a favor and get a Parapad, Inject 2.0 or a Mindbuster instead!
No subscription is required for that!
iamferraz
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of iamferraz
Quote:
On May 15, 2020, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
Artin, please can you explain in more detail because your post makes no sense as it is?

Why do you assume it will not fool your audience....... other methods and devices used in similar routines always seem to fool and entertain, from what I have seen.

'Your spectators can count 1 + 1'............. How does that pertain to this effect, what has basic maths to do with how people think this might work?

'Impression devices have been around for a long time'............. Yes, obviously for a good reason.

'There is no layer of deception'........... He is selling a tool, a means to an end. Surely it is the responsibility of each individual performer to create a routine which contains the layers of deception.

'They directly look at the solution'........ I have no idea what this means.

'Costly imp devices need a convincing presentation and good management'.......... Yes, one hundred percent agree with you on this point, but that is down to the individual performer not the tool, method etc, and certainly not the responsibility of the creator of the tool, method etc.

'This app is ridiculous'............ No, I totally disagree.

Rasp,

it makes a huge difference if you are utilizing a pad of paper (which is a layer of deception by itself compared to this) or directly sharing a information on a website/screen.
All good impression devices do their very best to be as far away from a technical appeal as possible.
It is hardly possible (and not even worth it!) to create a believable and fair basis as it remains a website.

You can try creating whatever layer of deception you want for a routine but the tool itself will always lead to the most obvious conclusion.
“people can count 1+1“ is a saying here for “people are not stupid“.

They directly look at the solution: You present a routine using this website and they will instantly know how it’s done.
Even if they know partly how you achieved your routine - the game is over from the start.
Even if they think the solution lies within the special website - they are right.

I believe that the creator had noticed a demand for this app when Picasso Pro users requested that feature.
But still it is big nonsense to publish something like that and think it is useful.
Iam usually open minded when it comes to every mentalism tool but this doesn’t make sense at all.

Do yourself a favor and get a Parapad, Inject 2.0 or a Mindbuster instead!
No subscription is required for that!

I never hear about picasso before. And I don't have any idea of the problem or improvements that the picasso has.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of rasp
Artin, I did myself a favour many years ago and therefore already have a Parapad, Inject and a Mindbuster.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
973 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
Artin, I did myself a favour many years ago and therefore already have a Parapad, Inject and a Mindbuster.

Clearly the better choice rasp.
cardistry master
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Just FYI if you were worried about someone searching the url and finding this there is a new supported one that I will not post here so nobody can search it but I can tell you if you message me.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of rasp
Cardistry master, why do you feel the need to share the url with people?. Surely this should be up to the creator if he wishes to do that.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1474 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Quote:
On May 15, 2020, dyoung wrote:
Admittedly I havent spent any time thinking about a routine, because I personally feel the method is weak. That's not to say it can't be done.
Also, for whatever reason, I initially thought someone was recommending it for online shows. I might just be confused Smile

All the best,
Dan

I am one that recommends this for online shows. For an in person show I don't think I would use this, as yeah the method has a couple issues. I don't want my phone in play at all in person, but for an online show this is gold.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dyoung
But in real life, you could hide it in your case or somewhere sneaky. don't you feel that the audience would think it's exactly what it is, if you did it online?

All the best,
Dan
iamferraz
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of iamferraz
Quote:
On May 18, 2020, dyoung wrote:
But in real life, you could hide it in your case or somewhere sneaky. don't you feel that the audience would think it's exactly what it is, if you did it online?

All the best,
Dan

If you use to just reveal a duplicate draw, maybe... but if you use to force an image (in a completely random way) it's difficult to the spectator figure it out...
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of rasp
Quite a few new features have been added in the last few days........

Audio has been added for notifications,
The ability to register a unique session name for ease of pairing,
The ability to upload one personal image as a preset, this can also be swapped in and out as you wish.
Audio notification to allow you to know which preset someone may have chosen,
Audio will also notify if someone has chosen the option to use a blank canvas,
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2695 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On May 14, 2020, cardbiker wrote:
Come on Rostami where are you ?

Smile
cardistry master
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

This app is really good and is getting better really fast. Now you can upload your own templates and there is audio. and it works pretty well which is a big difference from picasso. This is highly reccomended.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On May 18, 2020, cardistry master wrote:
This app is really good and is getting better really fast. Now you can upload your own templates and there is audio. and it works pretty well which is a big difference from picasso. This is highly reccomended.

Audio?
cardistry master
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

You can use a Bluetooth earpiece to know what color they select.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of rasp
A new covert method has just been implemented today for gaining the relevant notifications.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1892 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
The subscription pricing is a deal breaker for me...
cardistry master
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

There is an option to buy it for lifetime at once.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1474 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
The updates to this are great. And with just a little fiddling with the handling, you can get all the info you need while seemingly unlocking your phone.

Dan, if you were to do a straight "go to this website, draw something and I'll reveal it" presentation then yes, I think it would be very transparent but with a little work I think a lot of possibilities exist with this. For instance, we know what the 10 most common simple drawings are, so those could be in an index and instead of a drawing duplication you do a prediction, etc.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Obviously I'd expect anyone doing this to add a bit more flair and finesse to it than that Smile but my main issue with it is for onine use. Where you are sitting at your computer, sharing this video call with someone. Technology! It's not a great leap to think the magician can also see what they are drawing on their end. Changing it to a prediction, is probably a step in the right direction, at least adding another layer to it.

All the best,
Dan
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Makes no sense.

Mentalist: I will read your mind or predict the outcome. In order for me to do that, go to this website to draw and color something.
Spec: Really? Do you think I'm stupid?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New magic app SimpleDraw: Peek what a spectator draws on their phone (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL