The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cardtoon #1 vs. Cardtoon #2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jaybaby
View Profile
New user
Australia
87 Posts

Profile of jaybaby
For those that own these, which is the better one in your opinion? Is it just a different animation?

Thanks
whodini
View Profile
Regular user
Clearwater, FL
155 Posts

Profile of whodini
I feel the original cardtoon is a little more visible. I use them both but always use cardtoon 1 as my main and just sometimes use 2 as an encore
Park
Believe in magic!
visit me at www.whodinimagic.com
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
What's the difference?
whodini
View Profile
Regular user
Clearwater, FL
155 Posts

Profile of whodini
Jordini

I feel the stick man pulling a card out of his hat is more theme oriented than getting shot out of a cannon. I feel that fits into my routines a little better
Park
Believe in magic!
visit me at www.whodinimagic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This is a one on one type of trick. I would not waste any money you can only show to one person at a time.

If you only perform for friends and family, then this may be your performing area. Just do not try to get good reactions showing to a group.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I agree Jordini, one is the way to go. The cannon clouds what's happening. The magic pulling form his hat is better.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
magia355
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia, USA
172 Posts

Profile of magia355
I have both effects, and I tell you that I perfer to perform the one where the stick man pulls the card from the hat. It's more visible.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
The original cardtoon is the winner.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
You might think about "Fartoon" - stickman produces and eats a taco, farts, and from the gas cloud the chosen card appears! Magnificent! ;^)

(In case you have not heard of this, it is no joke - "Fartoon" really does exist).

Do it for your wife's friends - she'll love you for it! (spoken with tongue firmly planted in cheek).
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
That's great info chessman. Where is this available?
jaybaby
View Profile
New user
Australia
87 Posts

Profile of jaybaby
Dsilverfield,
It's called Fart-Toon by Dan Harlan and Scott Alexander.
I found it at magicproshop.com
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I don't agree wmhegbli. Althogh it is small. You can usually show it to three persons at once. And evn sme others haven't seen it, you can always do a replay, or even start it from scratch with a different card chosen. I know this from experience. And the ladies just love it.
Yours,

Ivan
MagicRay
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of MagicRay
Fartoon featured in an advert in the Parody Magic Magazine 'Majoke' (published around 1998 I think).

Does anyone know if the Fartoon trick was developed from this advert or if it already existed ? In the advert in Majoke it says it was created by Dam Hardon and is available from Spamton Fridge Magic Emissions (Obvious Jokes !!).

The description of the trick includes the following 'The handling hasn't been improved at all, it's just as confusing as the original. Still tough to perform even if you do have some skill, but you'll love the hilarious new fartwork!'

Ray
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I sure hope Dan doesn't mind, but I would like to quote him here for your benefit:

"Fart-Toon resulted from Majoke Magazine, or vice-versa. One of the Evil 5 had done a parody ad of Card-Toon and showed it to me. I loved it and many more parodies followed which became Majoke. We decided to take the joke as far as we could and actually make Fart-Toon. It really is a masterpiece.
--Dan Harlan"

That's pretty much all he's said about that. He tells me that only 2000 were ever produced, so I sprung for it. My suggestion? Buy ALL THREE! As collectors items, if not for the pure entertainment they DO provide. I must admit, though, Fart Toon gives the biggest laughs I've ever seen over a card trick! I cannot go to work without it. Someone inevitably asks to see it. With over 650 people where I work, you see what I mean.

Cardian Angel, and another (Tenyo) animated deck is also worth considering, as they were inspired by Mr. Harlan as well.

Hope this helps!

Doug
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Tenyo's is Dan Harlan's as well. I am now considering getting all. I only have the second one.
Yours,

Ivan
neves710
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of neves710
I prefer the animation in cardtoon 1.
Jolan Vanderdark
View Profile
New user
The Brownsville City Morgue
54 Posts

Profile of Jolan Vanderdark
Like The first one the best, more magic oriented with him pulling from the hat.
Yes....Eventually you will come to me.

And Ohhh...What Sights I Have To Show You!!
MagicianJ
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of MagicianJ
The one by Tenyo shows an angel floating from the corner of the card and magically produces the card in the centre area of the back of the card. Very cool. Niva, you should get it.
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
I don't agree with wmhegbli either.. I've done Cardtoon2 many , many times. Quite a number of times have been at tables with as many as 10 people. All enjoyed it and gathered close to see it. I use a immediate reset handling and do it with another selection from the group as well.
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
I prefer cardtoon # 1
It's more visual, and simple. Keep it simple.
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cardtoon #1 vs. Cardtoon #2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL