The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2004 entrée: Billy McComb » » Catching Gold Fish » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I remember in one of your books you stated you did the Catching a Gold Fish trick. That is all I remember. Can you give any hits on this effect from fish to the production process. I have the Owen Fishing Pole with the gimmicked handle as well as a very well made self-contained bowl model. Just never know how to get the fish to the show safely and alive. Our Winters would freeze the traveling water.

Is all the mess and work worth the effect on the audience? Do you do it to patter or music? Any help would be appreciated.
Billy McComb
View Profile
V.I.P.
1922 - 2006
57 Posts

Profile of Billy McComb
Y ou've got a whole chapter about in "McComb's Magic" I know it's out of print, but I can't write a whole chapter again for you. Get someone who has a copy to photocopy it for you Re. travelling. If you don't freeze solid driving the car to the show the fish shouldn't freeze either. Make sure you have plenty of holes in the lid of the bowl so's they get oxygen. The best fish to get are one's which have spent a whole winter under ice. They're hardy. I got this tip from Paul Arland from Finland....... the best fish act ever
Billy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2004 entrée: Billy McComb » » Catching Gold Fish » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL