The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MICRO BILLET Q&A (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1403 Posts

Profile of MDantes
I was fortunate enough to receive a review copy of Stunninger’s Micro Q&A.

And as far as methods go, it couldn’t be easier. The method/framing can be universal, meaning this isn’t limited to a deck of cards. Your favorite picture card stack, tarot deck, numerology, key/bone/dice casting, Scryer/Webster A-Z, you name it!

This is a universal Q&A in which you can be ready to go at moments notice. It can be performed for a small to medium sized group. That being said, it would be easy to modify this for stage. For written questions, it truly is simple and direct. It can also be married with your current (and I imagine most) Q&A routines.

If you’re looking for variety and adaptability (and a very practical, workable, and real world Q&A) check this out.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On May 25, 2020, MDantes wrote:
I was fortunate enough to receive a review copy of Stunninger’s Micro Q&A.

And as far as methods go, it couldn’t be easier. The method/framing can be universal, meaning this isn’t limited to a deck of cards. Your favorite picture card stack, tarot deck, numerology, key/bone/dice casting, Scryer/Webster A-Z, you name it!

This is a universal Q&A in which you can be ready to go at moments notice. It can be performed for a small to medium sized group. That being said, it would be easy to modify this for stage. For written questions, it truly is simple and direct. It can also be married with your current (and I imagine most) Q&A routines.

If you’re looking for variety and adaptability (and a very practical, workable, and real world Q&A) check this out.

MDantes, thank you so much for your wonderful review! I’m thrilled you find value in the effect, and very much appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts. You raise a good point about the method being easily adaptable for stage use. Thank you again, Bill.
Drew from Spotlight
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
124 Posts

Profile of Drew from Spotlight
Micro Billet Q&A by Stunninger

First off, for complete transparency, while I don’t know Stunninger personally I did receive a complimentary viewing of his Micro Billet Q&A. However, that doesn’t mean I’m automatically going to give this a favorable review.

I will give it a very favorable review because it’s simple in method and revealing for the spectator.
Without giving anything away the props used are very simple, basic, and indiscreet. More importantly, you probably have everything necessary for the routine right now. Even better, you have the ability to expand on the routine as you see fit and as your personal cold reading skills allow.

To me, this is a very good way to perform an intimate type of Q&A routine. Whether it’s at a dinner party or a small gathering type situation, this would be perfect. I personally wouldn’t use this as a Q&A done from the stage. Not that it couldn’t be a part of a larger act, I just wouldn’t do it as is from the stage. I also don’t think Stunninger meant it as a stage act anyway.

Stunninger begins by giving us a starting point, a frame of reference, for his thinking about why he does this routine a certain way. No surprise, the routine uses billets, and he goes through thoroughly how to prepare the billets for this routine. Again, not to give anything away, this is a very structured and leading routine. The billets are prepared a certain way not only to give a specific reading for the person, but to actually name that person AND allows you to expand the reading using a specific word or feeling for each spectator that they didn’t even know would/could be part of the reading. If that wasn’t enough he completes the Q&A Reading with a convincer, using a different oracle completely, to bring the reading to a satisfying conclusion. At this point you are immediately ready to go on to the next person and give an equally satisfying reading to them.

I like this. Stunninger put a lot of thought into giving a satisfying reading with the least possible steps. This is the magic equivalent of “Pack Small and Play Big”. All of the necessary props (except one, but you could easily work around that) will fit in your pocket so you could be always ready to go. The reading process is perfectly set up from beginning to end and the steps necessary flow together smoothly.

While this is a simple routine it is by no means easy to perform right out of the box. While Stunninger does give you all of the preparation and mechanics you need he does assume you can give a reading. But here is the good news…. this routine is that flexible that it provides you the perfect way to practice your cold reading skills.

This is a no-brainer. When it’s offered you should get it to keep in your back pocket. Literally.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2142 Posts

Profile of 252life
Bravo on that review and I couldn’t agree more.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
adrianrbf
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
89 Posts

Profile of adrianrbf
Quote:
On May 25, 2020, Stunninger wrote:
In some, but not all, relaxed, social settings. Can’t be done surrounded. But could be done if you positioned yourself so that no one could stand behind you, such as sitting at a table where your back is to the wall.

Thank you for this helpful info! I appreciate very much when magicians are honest about their products.

Also thanks to the reviewers. These reviews are really informative, not just some "this is sooooo great" endorsement.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On May 26, 2020, Drew from Spotlight wrote:
Micro Billet Q&A by Stunninger

First off, for complete transparency, while I don’t know Stunninger personally I did receive a complimentary viewing of his Micro Billet Q&A. However, that doesn’t mean I’m automatically going to give this a favorable review.

I will give it a very favorable review because it’s simple in method and revealing for the spectator.
Without giving anything away the props used are very simple, basic, and indiscreet. More importantly, you probably have everything necessary for the routine right now. Even better, you have the ability to expand on the routine as you see fit and as your personal cold reading skills allow.

To me, this is a very good way to perform an intimate type of Q&A routine. Whether it’s at a dinner party or a small gathering type situation, this would be perfect. I personally wouldn’t use this as a Q&A done from the stage. Not that it couldn’t be a part of a larger act, I just wouldn’t do it as is from the stage. I also don’t think Stunninger meant it as a stage act anyway.

Stunninger begins by giving us a starting point, a frame of reference, for his thinking about why he does this routine a certain way. No surprise, the routine uses billets, and he goes through thoroughly how to prepare the billets for this routine. Again, not to give anything away, this is a very structured and leading routine. The billets are prepared a certain way not only to give a specific reading for the person, but to actually name that person AND allows you to expand the reading using a specific word or feeling for each spectator that they didn’t even know would/could be part of the reading. If that wasn’t enough he completes the Q&A Reading with a convincer, using a different oracle completely, to bring the reading to a satisfying conclusion. At this point you are immediately ready to go on to the next person and give an equally satisfying reading to them.

I like this. Stunninger put a lot of thought into giving a satisfying reading with the least possible steps. This is the magic equivalent of “Pack Small and Play Big”. All of the necessary props (except one, but you could easily work around that) will fit in your pocket so you could be always ready to go. The reading process is perfectly set up from beginning to end and the steps necessary flow together smoothly.

While this is a simple routine it is by no means easy to perform right out of the box. While Stunninger does give you all of the preparation and mechanics you need he does assume you can give a reading. But here is the good news…. this routine is that flexible that it provides you the perfect way to practice your cold reading skills.

This is a no-brainer. When it’s offered you should get it to keep in your back pocket. Literally.

Drew, wow, thank you so much for your very thoughtful and detailed review!

I am thrilled you find value in Micro Billet Q&A, and THANK YOU VERY MUCH for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Bill
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2928 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Bill shared a lot of his ideas – I think including this one - with me many months ago, and I thought they were excellent!
Very cool stuff.

Elliott
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On May 27, 2020, ElliottB wrote:
Bill shared a lot of his ideas – I think including this one - with me many months ago, and I thought they were excellent!
Very cool stuff.

Elliott

Thank you, Elliott! I appreciate your words very much Smile

Bill
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
MICRO BILLET Q&A is now available for purchase.

To order please send a paypal payment for $19.95 US to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com

Before you purchase please note that:

1. MICRO BILLET Q&A is a 26 minute unlisted, streaming video and is not downloadable. If you are not okay with that please don’t buy this.

2. After you make payment, please forward your PayPal receipt to mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com

3. Each order is processed manually. After making payment, please allow 24 - 48 hours for your order to be processed and sent to you via email.

Thank you for your interest. If you have questions please feel free to post them here or pm me.

Bill
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2142 Posts

Profile of 252life
Instant classic
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Quote:
On May 29, 2020, Stunninger wrote:
MICRO BILLET Q&A is now available for purchase.

To order please send a paypal payment for $19.95 US to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com

Before you purchase please note that:

1. MICRO BILLET Q&A is a 26 minute unlisted, streaming video and is not downloadable. If you are not okay with that please don’t buy this.

2. After you make payment, please forward your PayPal receipt to mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com

3. Each order is processed manually. After making payment, please allow 24 - 48 hours for your order to be processed and sent to you via email.

Thank you for your interest. If you have questions please feel free to post them here or pm me.

Bill

A bit confused. We need to send a separate email with PayPal receipt? Doesn't PayPal generate an email automatically with proof of purchase that it sends to the recipient?
It's all in the reflexes.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
The PayPal payment receipt the recipient receives does not always include the sender's email address. This is the reason I ask for the sender to forward their payment receipt to me. This way I receive both the payment receipt and the email address to reply to and send the video link. This is the same payment process used for my two other recent releases, and it has worked out well.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On May 29, 2020, 252life wrote:
Instant classic

Thank you, 252life!
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2368 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I was fortunate enough to get an advance copy of this but I always try to be as honest and fair as I can whether I paid retail for it or not. I've always felt that many Q&A methods favored a larger group for them to be effective. This is the first time I found a method which is actually perfect for an intimate setting. I have a few of Bill's other effects so I was expecting it to be elegant and clever but I didn't expect to get an entire treatise on doing readings in addition to a beautifully thought out routine. It took less than a few minutes to make up everything and adjusted for me. Once I had that, it was such a wonderful method to play with and explore the possibilities, within 5 minutes it was almost effortless and seemed so natural to work with.

This builds perfectly on his other Q&A idea which I already loved. To have such a versatile tool and building block to carry anywhere is a joy. In addition to all of his great thinking, I can see using it with different "options" as well so you can get even more information from different people. This is one of those workers I'm going to keep with me. Now that we are restricted to groups of 10 or less, I can't think of a more impressive routine to have ready to go. Minimum effort with maximum impact... what's not to love about that?
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6244 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Absolutely agree with everything Ray said of this. For those that love Q & A, well, this is definitely something you should have in your arsenal. Once again, very cool thinking from Stunning with an easy to do method.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On May 30, 2020, Ray Pierce wrote:
I was fortunate enough to get an advance copy of this but I always try to be as honest and fair as I can whether I paid retail for it or not. I've always felt that many Q&A methods favored a larger group for them to be effective. This is the first time I found a method which is actually perfect for an intimate setting. I have a few of Bill's other effects so I was expecting it to be elegant and clever but I didn't expect to get an entire treatise on doing readings in addition to a beautifully thought out routine. It took less than a few minutes to make up everything and adjusted for me. Once I had that, it was such a wonderful method to play with and explore the possibilities, within 5 minutes it was almost effortless and seemed so natural to work with.

This builds perfectly on his other Q&A idea which I already loved. To have such a versatile tool and building block to carry anywhere is a joy. In addition to all of his great thinking, I can see using it with different "options" as well so you can get even more information from different people. This is one of those workers I'm going to keep with me. Now that we are restricted to groups of 10 or less, I can't think of a more impressive routine to have ready to go. Minimum effort with maximum impact... what's not to love about that?

Ray, wow, thank you so much for your thoughtful and detailed review! I am thrilled you are enjoying the effect and very grateful that you have shared your thoughts.

Thank you again.

Bill
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On May 30, 2020, Greg Arce wrote:
Absolutely agree with everything Ray said of this. For those that love Q & A, well, this is definitely something you should have in your arsenal. Once again, very cool thinking from Stunning with an easy to do method.

Greg

Greg,

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful feedback and all of the brilliant ideas and subtleties you have shared. I greatly appreciate it.

Bill
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6244 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On May 31, 2020, Stunninger wrote:
Greg,

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful feedback and all of the brilliant ideas and subtleties you have shared. I greatly appreciate it.

Bill

I would not have come up with those ideas if you hadn't come up with your ideas and routines first. I always love stuff that sparks my OCD... and your stuff always does that. Great thinking, methods and ideas! Smile Smile

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
769 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
I just bought it, it is a o*e-a***d Q&A with billets, the size of half a business card, folded in four.

You get:
- A way to get the o*e-a***d. It is interesting but not all cases are covered (this will not make sense to people that do not have it but what if the participant succeeds ?)
- A very good justification to open the billets.
- A way to return the billet without ever refolding it (a typical downside to the main method). I would probably change the choreography to make it more innocent (nothing staying hidden for a long time) but the underlying idea is very good.
- Note that this kind of Q&A usually requires you to memorize information from one billet to the other (which can be a problem). Here you have nothing to memorize.

Overall it is good and with some minimal tweaking get a nice close-up Q&A Smile
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2020, Nestor D wrote:
I just bought it, it is a o*e-a***d Q&A with billets, the size of half a business card, folded in four.

You get:
- A way to get the o*e-a***d. It is interesting but not all cases are covered (this will not make sense to people that do not have it but what if the participant succeeds ?)
- A very good justification to open the billets.
- A way to return the billet without ever refolding it (a typical downside to the main method). I would probably change the choreography to make it more innocent (nothing staying hidden for a long time) but the underlying idea is very good.
- Note that this kind of Q&A usually requires you to memorize information from one billet to the other (which can be a problem). Here you have nothing to memorize.

Overall it is good and with some minimal tweaking get a nice close-up Q&A Smile

Nestor, thank you very much for your purchase and your review! I appreciate both very much. On the initial OA, you are right that I did not explain in the video how to cover all possible scenarios. Here is how I handle it when the participant “succeeds”: I simply rub the billet for a moment or two and then say, “I don’t think this is it. Please try again”. I then let them “succeed” (or create the illusion they have) on their second or third attempt. I hope this makes sense.

Excellent point on the billets not being hidden for so long. As you say, easy to modify with minimal tweaking.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I really appreciate it.

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MICRO BILLET Q&A (37 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL