The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Virtual Out Of This World by Adrian Lacroix (ZOOM MAGIC) (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Arielhamui
View Profile
New user
Buenos Aires, Argentina
48 Posts

Profile of Arielhamui
Hey guys! I just get the newsletter from penguin and it looks amazing!

I think for the first time the performer can do a totally hands off “Out Of This World”
and it’s not only for virtual performances you can do it that way in real life.

From miles away, you watch via video conference as your spectator tries to guess whether each card in a deck is red or black. Spoiler alert: they get every single one correct and the reactions are crazy.
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/13635

If this sounds familiar to you, it's because it's one of the best card tricks in the world -- Out of this World -- cleverly evolved to be done completely hands-off.

They even mix the cards beforehand.

There are several brilliant changes Adrian Lacroix has added to the classic Out of This World to make it possible to perform without ever touching the deck, and after learning the secrets, you'll be performing it in no time -- there are obviously no sleights to master Smile

This is a trick you can absolutely do in real-life, but it's perrrrfect for virtual shows. If you like Out of This World, you'll LOVE Virtual Out of this World.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
679 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
I can't wait to see what's being left out of that description.
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
554 Posts

Profile of no2ss
From the description... this sounds amazing. But this is one I'm *definitely* waiting for reviews on. Because clearly something is left out of the description. From the video, it's clear that you have more than the usual number of "face up" cards in the piles, but some more details would be nice.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
It's pretty straight forward actually. There is a method but everything is justified and it really fools. If anyone has any questions just let me know. I can't expose the method here but I am happy to help people make informed decisions.
P3
practice practice perform.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2076 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Ted,

Does the method seem as justified whether it's performed virtually or in person? Or, does the method seem a little less justified if performed in person? Thanks.

Regards,
Steve
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
It's straightforward, an OOTW sith nice subtleties to justify all the movements and finish clean, I like it and can't wait it to roadtest it!
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
Yachanin, I like this BETTER when performed online. I am the creator of Dunn Deal and DunnsDeal from art of astonishment and I a am OOTW junky with that being said I think this is great for in person performance too. I would change the presentation but it will remain deceptive in person.
P3
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Bought it and watched it. I absolutely love the idea and subtleties in it. The dirty work is done by the spec if you can call it dirty work. And this is something I’ll be using here very shortly. This is as straight forward as it comes. For those Interested in the things left out. It has to be to protect the secret. With that being said, there’s not much left out. I’m more bothered that Peter Turner performed this for me the other day on a face time jam session with a Turner twist. And I didn’t put together this was a penguin release. It flew right by me. Anyways, this is a great deal for 10$ and I would have paid more for it. All in all, pick it up while you can. Because you will be performing this.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12060 Posts

Profile of John C
Is it 100% providing they follow your instructions?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On May 27, 2020, John C wrote:
Is it 100% providing they follow your instructions?

Yes. But its not complicated at all IMO.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
Instructions are pretty easy to follow.
P3
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2076 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Ted,

Thanks for your comments Smile

Regards, Steve
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10618 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just got this and looks super - can't wait to test it out on a Zoom session
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2251 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

thought I would chime in.

bought this yesterday from Penguin Magic.

This is great as Lonnie and Brett have mentioned.

You will use this.

I already performed it twice, and the reactions were insane.

There are added moments/convincers that sell the routine.

Between Virtual Triumph and Virtual Out of this World, not sure which I like better.

I guess both have a place, but there is something about Out of This World that just resonates.

My wife things Out of This World is one of the greatest effects I have ever done.

Kudos to Adrian for coming up with a way for the spectator to do everything. I applaud him.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
phil in KC
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of phil in KC
Thanks for the reviews! I love OOTW, but I'm not crazy about using a full deck. Does the hands-off method lend itself to using less cards?

-Phil in KC
Arielhamui
View Profile
New user
Buenos Aires, Argentina
48 Posts

Profile of Arielhamui
Quote:
On May 28, 2020, phil in KC wrote:
Thanks for the reviews! I love OOTW, but I'm not crazy about using a full deck. Does the hands-off method lend itself to using less cards?

-Phil in KC

You can use as many cards as you want!

Part of the de deceptive way is using all the deck, you will understand more when you have it, you use it all but not all at the same time
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
235 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
This looks terrific. Will be getting it.
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
jack_shields
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of jack_shields
This is not as good as I thought at all. I am a bit of an OOTW nerd and if you do a regular version of this already it will more than likely just be the version you do but explained to your spectator over video. Worth the £9ish if you really want to see somebody explain it to you but IMO nothing special or new that people aren’t doing already. In fact I think presenting it over webcam makes it a lot easier to reverse engineer.
Kind regards
Jack
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Philippe
This is cute, it’s likeable, it’s pretty well thought out and definitely worth the asking price.
OOTW is long and and time horrible, great effect but I stopped using it for those reasons, this is a fresh offering.
avimag51
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of avimag51
Quote:
On May 28, 2020, jack_shields wrote:
This is not as good as I thought at all. I am a bit of an OOTW nerd and if you do a regular version of this already it will more than likely just be the version you do but explained to your spectator over video. Worth the £9ish if you really want to see somebody explain it to you but IMO nothing special or new that people aren’t doing already. In fact I think presenting it over webcam makes it a lot easier to reverse engineer.

i know some methods of OOTW but none of them let you do it with a real shuffle deck.
is the AD description not accurate ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Virtual Out Of This World by Adrian Lacroix (ZOOM MAGIC) (34 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL