The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » A Decent Street Levitation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If your looking for a levitation that can be done on the street surrounded by strangers and use a volunteer.....ummmmm .....so was Doug Henning when he went to see the Dolly.

Can't be done surrounded by strangers with no stooge plain and simple. Don't believe they hype on the ads it will be an expensive mistake to say the least. What you can find are near approximations of the criteria, but imagine how disappointed you were by the latest magic gimic you purchased for a few dollars. Then amplify that by how much more this will cost you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Eric Dittelman
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
179 Posts

Profile of Eric Dittelman
There seems to be an illusion called the Lounge Suspensiop that someone else at the Café brought up. It's sold at Hank Lee for only $2,900! What a deal! Smile

I've never actually seen or done this illusion but here's the link:

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/pr......p;page=1

It might not be exactly for street though...

But, if anyone wants to split it with me, I'll go in 10-90 with you (me being the 10 of course) HA!

-Eric D.
elasmac
View Profile
New user
Bristol, VA
54 Posts

Profile of elasmac
Is king rising TOTALLY impromptu? I heard someone say it took a little setup and was only for stage. Were they pulling my leg? I like balducci because there is no setup and it is totally impromptu. So if my mom's shopping, I can go outside, walk a few blocks,and freak some people out! Wahoooooooo!

By the way rock, in most cases, yes, that is the levitation blaine uses.
There are three things I love in life. Family and friends and magic. So I love doing magic for friends and family.

Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
With the exception of the winch, of course....
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Christian Z.
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
126 Posts

Profile of Christian Z.
The Cris Angel levitation is cool and everything but overall with levitations, they aren't the best thing to go with in my opinion, there hasnt really been one where limitations are nothing, either wait or spend your money on something more useful. No offense to the levitation junkeys.
Christian
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Kings Rising I impromptu to yes... But it helps you soooo much if you have a jacket or anything of the sort Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I thought the jacket was indispensable. I purchased the tape, and it seems it was a requirement.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
I think that that levitation is great. I my opinion it is done with existing technology just made better. You have to first have a motor capable of lifting 200 pounds and be silent. Then you have to have it be able to blend in with the environment and be eaily accessable for the performer. That being said, let's conjure up our own invention with the above mentioned criteria!

If you see the escalator levitation, he actually does not go that high up. Compared to the street one, where he is actually 5 feet high. The escalator one also shows him leaning forward quite a lot. Perhaps it is a hidden pole extended forward beyond the body and thus the part that he balances on. The object is extended forward enough for the audience to be able to see under the feet and not see anything.

The chair one is cool but it seems as if he jumped the last few inches onto the chair. The lifting apparatus seems to be attached either to the chair. He also adjusts his right leg right before being lifted up. There is probably some sort of crutch that his puts his shin into (not his foot or it would be too obvious) and this lift him up via remote control!!!! Someone in the room is lifting him!!!! Then at the last moment, he can push off pulling the shin crush out of it's housing and he jumps onto the chair. He does not turn around and nor does he come off the chair in the same manner as going up. He has to somehow get rid of the shin support and that is done off camera!

I seen a website from France where someone has a chair capable of lifting the person as high as 2 feet above the chair with no visible means of support. Probably angle sensitive. Modify this chair for the one in the restraunt, via managers permission, and you got yourself a winner!

Think big people, make the world wonder on how you did your tricks. And if somone like me guesses wrong and makes up another method via guessing, well, that makes it even more fun to be in the world of magic.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On 2005-07-30 16:30, troller wrote:
The escalator one also shows him leaning forward quite a lot. Perhaps it is a hidden pole extended forward beyond the body and thus the part that he balances on.

The lifting apparatus seems to be attached either to the chair. He also adjusts his right leg right before being lifted up. There is probably some sort of crutch that his puts his shin into (not his foot or it would be too obvious) and this lift him up via remote control!!!! Someone in the room is lifting him!!!! T

no. and no.

everything is self contained on Chris.
both levs are the same really.

s
mrbuzzsaw
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of mrbuzzsaw
I have his show taped (Criss Angel - Mindfreak) and the levitation one is really freaky.

Criss does one in a restraunt where he walks in and borows a chair and then levitates up onto it.
No cuts, just walks in and does it. Now unless everyone is part of the act it is pretty real looking. Only thing I can't see is his front.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » A Decent Street Levitation? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL