The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Intersection by Hondo (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8250 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Not sure what to think of this one.

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/close-......section/
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
246 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
I think they put the decimal in the wrong place...
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8250 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I think you’re right. What concerns me is that the gimmick is easy to remake which can only mean one thing. Lol.
trickster41uk
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of trickster41uk
Just seen the price. Ouch
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
938 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Hondo sent this to me a few months ago to do a video with it on my Instagram. That being said, my thoughts here are unbiased by that and contain my honest opinions. What you get is a precision made gimmick, along with the necessary parts to make your own gimmicks. He teaches two versions on the project. A card through card and a card through bill. While similar, both gimmicks differ slightly. The gimmick you’re provided with is very well made, and is a great guide to go by if you want to make your own. The download is clear and easy to follow, even though it is subtitles. While the price may feel on the higher end, when you see the method, you’ll understand that the thinking behind this is very clever and you’re paying for the thought and time that went into this. While this is definitely aimed at social media, you do get live performances for spectators, and with practice you’d be able to do it in the real world. Overall, I’m very happy with this product. Ideally, if this was my product, I would’ve priced it a bit lower, but I wouldn’t be mad if I had purchased this at the existing price.
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Tyler really liked it

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4833 Posts

Profile of RNK
Sorry, way to much for what the effect is, IMO. Even if it's well built, it's still a simple quick effect that most will realize how it's done.

Now strictly for a social media ad, possibly of you had $50.00 burning a hole in your pocket. I believe this will be one of those effects that becomes heavily discounted later on due to the lack of sales.

Again, just my opinion.

RNK
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1347 Posts

Profile of Stucky
This has been done on a ton of social media videos and I am sure they want to capitalize on all the kids with their parent's money who want to do the same trick everyone else is doing.
Official Thread Killer
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
246 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
I'm holding off for the $50 precision made thumb tip...
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2786 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I have a few Hondo flap cards so I assume this works with the same delicate construction very nice but Geezz ! 50.00
michaelpenkul
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of michaelpenkul
At 0:46 the card has been post-edited; rather poorly. It caught my eye during the first watch, and when I go frame by frame it's obvious. How is that acceptable in a trailer?
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of Bill08
I don't see any change or quick jump there - is it visible on the youtube video? looks like he's covering a bit with the fingers but I don't see any post-editing
Troyze
View Profile
New user
Johannesburg
31 Posts

Profile of Troyze
I just got this. and the gimmick is poorly made, to say the least.

it works for the camera but I would not pull this out in if an actual person is next to me
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Interesting, the review at Penguin Magic is quite positive - maybe theres a variation in quality
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Everyone is doing it on social media.
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
Regular user
USA
111 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2020, Troyze wrote:
I just got this. and the gimmick is poorly made, to say the least.

it works for the camera but I would not pull this out in if an actual person is next to me

I have to disagree with you on this one. My gimmick was well made and I've performed it in person multiple times and every person has loved it. This is an unbiased review as I purchased Intersection with my own money.

Tyler
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1218 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Mine is well made but I wouldn't perform this too close to the spectator.

Kieran
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Anyone else that had experience performing with it?
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
????
Themagicguy4
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Themagicguy4
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2020, Michaelpenkul wrote:
At 0:46 the card has been post-edited; rather poorly. It caught my eye during the first watch, and when I go frame by frame it's obvious. How is that acceptable in a trailer?

Yeah I see it too. During the card though bill, if you watch it in slow motion, there are quite a few cuts there where his finger suddenly teleports.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Intersection by Hondo (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL