The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Intersection by Hondo (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bosque
Well, I've been performing this for several days at the facility where I work as a nurse. It's perfect for this time of "social distancing", since it is best to step a few feet away from the audience to control the angles and what not. I like that you are supplied with what you need to make a replacement gimmick. I would say this is a great trick and worth the price tag.
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
I agree. That’s a great effect
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have been performing this for a couple weeks. It is really amazing, even pretty close up.
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2020, 1KJ wrote:
I have been performing this for a couple weeks. It is really amazing, even pretty close up.

Cool! Do people like the effect?
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I am surprised that it works close up too.
Hondo
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Hondo
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2020, Troyze wrote:
I just got this. and the gimmick is poorly made, to say the least.

it works for the camera but I would not pull this out in if an actual person is next to me

Hi, I think what you get may be a flawed one. Where did you get it? Did you get it from Vanishing or Penguin?
I design it for real life performance, not just on social media. So I try my best to put a perfect made one in every box. (we threw away many many ones that are not perfect, but I believe sometimes we put the wrong one in the box when our eyes get tired.)

Please p.m. me, and I will send you a new one if I confirm it is the original product from us.

Thanks,
Hondo
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Great customer service!
marco1
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of marco1
I absolutely love this effect! Great thinking and tutorial.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
I reviewed this on the latest episode of my review show. I even perform the routine.

It’s a very interesting prop and well worth looking into.

Here’s a link to the show. Any questions let me know.

https://youtu.be/nG9brWLX9Hk
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2020, killermagic80 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2020, 1KJ wrote:

Cool! Do people like the effect?

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, people love it! It is not as angle sensitive as you might think. Your spectators must be in front of you, but that is not generally a problem. I think the key to this is to make it seem like they came out of the deck. What I have done is to do an effect with regular cards that match the gimmicks, set them down on a cloth napkin, then wait for a moment where people are distracted and switch the cards for the gimmicks in my lap. I do think it invites skepticism if you perform it the way Hondo does, by taking out just two cards. It is way stronger if people think the cards came out of the deck, and it is not as difficult as you might think, if you are doing several tricks for people. and you ring it in at the right moment.

One way I do this is to deliver a thought of card into the audience on a slingshot stuffed monkey. As the monkey is flying through the air, you switch the cards. You could do this with an audience of three people or a thousand people and not a single person will see the switch. Of course, there are a zillion ways to switch them, but I think that is important with this effect.

KJ
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Discounted. 37 Bucks.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Discounted. 37 Bucks.

Where?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2020, 1KJ wrote:
Quote:
Discounted. 37 Bucks.

Where?

Check the link in my first post.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2020, 1KJ wrote:
Quote:
Discounted. 37 Bucks.

Where?

Check the link in my first post.

I see. Well, too late for me, but it is an amazing effect.

On a separate note:

I just donated to Steve Brook's wife's go fund me page. Wishing her the best in her time of medical need. I hope many on the Café donate as well.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Intersection by Hondo (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL