The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Secret Magician (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DylPickle
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of DylPickle
I've been studying magic fairly seriously for 15 years, since my mid 30s. I've built a respectable book collection and study them assiduously and get a lot of joy and relaxation from practicing daily (mostly card magic).

Now, here's what may may seem like an odd admission: I've never performed a magic trick for another person.

Anyone else similarly inclined, who gets a great deal out of the study without any real desire to perform? Is magic without an audience a 'tree falls in the woods' situation?

As a professional musician, I know that taking it from the practice studio to the stage is a needed step to go from good to great, but I’ve been fine with magic just being a personal pursuit.
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Livermore, CA
505 Posts

Profile of Boomer
You are not alone.

I think there may be more of us than anyone realizes.

Dave
BobbyDigital
View Profile

Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
0 Posts

Profile of BobbyDigital
I totally understand! I only do thongs for kids in class but I have never really performed or done tricks for outsiders or random people.. I like reading and learning things, but I do wonder about going out and busking one day. In Japan people don’t do that kind of thing and I think it would be pretty cool to do.
TomB
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of TomB
You need to join a club!! And welcome to the Café
Russo
View Profile
Special user
So.California / Centl.Florida
837 Posts

Profile of Russo
Don't get frustrated. keep reading, doing effects for yourself. If opportunity arises to show someone an effect(I don't like the word TRICK someone)
do it for FUN - it should always be fun -even if just for you - or anyone. Read through the "Café" and enjoy the "MAGIC" - Best to you Ralph (russo)Rousseau
AnthonyCC
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of AnthonyCC
Magic can be therapeutic for the soul and performing for people isn't for everyone. Enjoy it the way you want to enjoy it. Glad to have you here!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Secret Magician (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL