The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Magic Nook Closing (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Owing to sickness of the two old geezers, the Magic Nook will be closing soon. The plan is to gradually release the individual effects back to the original authors so they can keep selling their tricks on other sites (which will probably result in increased prices). I will try to keep you informed as the process continues.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1659 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Sorry to hear that you and Prof. Spellbinder are ill. But can't you just leave the Magic Nook site as it is now to allow people to purchase your material via PayPal?

I don't think it requires you to do anything other than continue to accept the PayPal payments to your bank accounts. So why closing down ?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
It's called death. When one dies, control over the business is either lost or transferred before death to whomever will continue the business. We would rather have the original authors be in control of their own material and make those decisions whether to continue selling their material or not, and whether to increase the prices, etc.
Tim Snyder
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
84 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
I wish you well, Jim. The Magic Nook was a great project. I admire your work with the kids in the community and never understood the hassles you got for mentioning your ebooks that contained tricks people were interested in. Especially knowing how cheap your ebooks were. I truly believe that you have many more admirers than detractors.

Take care,
Tim
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5329 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
This is a resource that I will sorely miss. I think many of our fellow magicians will sorely miss the Nook. Cudos for the labor of love you put into it all these years. I've bought a number of articles/tricks from you and benefited greatly from the novel handlings and the valuable history lessons. I totally understand that time marches on for all of us. Knowing that little fact doesn't make this any less sad.

Perhaps the content could be processed through Lybary.com. They are good about paying the author's royalties for works sold.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I'd prefer that each of my authors make the decision about whether they will sell their own works or settle for Lybrary's royalties. It's a Wiz Kid thing.

Meanwhile, I have decided to finish up Wizards' Journal #42 with my variation on Del Ray's mechanical mouse trick.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1659 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Jim, I want to say thanks again for all the creative work that you and Prof. Spellbinder have published on the Magic Nook website over the years. I do hope the individual authors will continue to sell their own works , either on their own site or through Lybrary.com .

Best wishes to the both of you.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
522 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Jim,

I too want to thank you for all of your contributions on the Café and your wonderful creations.

Best wishes to all

Phil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Magic Nook Closing (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL