The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » XIDD Christopher Rawlins (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of robd
How's everyone finding this? Has anyone done it over Zoom/Skype yet?
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
175 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
For all those that have purchased, there will be a bonus handling sent out to you next week from Jan Forster. It will be sent to everyone that has purchased as a thank you.

More soon,

Christopher.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2468 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2020, Christopher_Rawlins wrote:
For all those that have purchased, there will be a bonus handling sent out to you next week from Jan Forster. It will be sent to everyone that has purchased as a thank you.

More soon,

Christopher.

Thanks Christopher and look forward to it.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3824 Posts

Profile of JanForster
There is not much to add to all the comments right here Smile I really like Chris' approach and concept a lot. It is one of the most direct tools for a straight mind reading you might find. My proposition (the little video is already with Chris) is just a different handling (which I prefer for various reasons - you will find out why in the video...) for the same concept. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
175 Posts

The bonus PDF is now availble to all those who have purchased XIDD, you'll need a password to access the link, which was explained in an email I sent out today to all XIDD owners.

Thanks again for your support, more soon.

Christopher
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4287 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Bonus pdf is fantastic and worth the entire purchase itself. Thank you Jan for your touches, very practical and something I’ll be using.
Rooster
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Find my review of XIDD here - https://youtu.be/qImdU6NlXHU
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3824 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Good review! But your performance shows clearly why I came up with a different handling... it looks far too much like an invisible deck in a glass Smile ... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Rooster
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2020, JanForster wrote:
Good review! But your performance shows clearly why I came up with a different handling... it looks far too much like an invisible deck in a glass Smile ... Jan

Thank you! As my spectator was unaware what an Invisible Deck is he was still suitably impressed thankfully. That was the first time performing this effect and I have to be truthful to what is taught in the PDF, so as to not give an unfair review. I haven’t seen or read about your handling, where can I find it?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4287 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2020, Rooster wrote:
Quote:

Thank you! As my spectator was unaware what an Invisible Deck is he was still suitably impressed thankfully. That was the first time performing this effect and I have to be truthful to what is taught in the PDF, so as to not give an unfair review. I haven’t seen or read about your handling, where can I find it?

Chris Rawlins sent an email to buyers with instructions, email him if you haven’t gotten the email or check your spam..
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
175 Posts

I think we should all look at XIDD and choose what suits us the most. Jan - your handling is great, and I think Rooster did a great job too.

Although it's important to remember that with XIDD there are SO MANY options.

As you use it more and more you'll develop your own preferences and approaches too (I hope).

Roo's performance is essentially the original IDD, but this was his first performance with the system. So that should show you how wonderfully useable this is.

I enjoyed Roo's use of the glass, and we must remember that spectators aren't aware of any connection between this and ANYTHING with cards. Let alone an Invisible Deck.

I'm thrilled to say that I am receiving constant reports of success and use of the approaches within XIDD, and gratitude that I shared these new applications and details that take my IDD concept beyond what it first was in Drawing Thoughts.

Easter Egg - those that have Drawing Thoughts will see how you can use 'OIS' in the same way as Jan.

More soon,

Christopher.
Rooster
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2020, Blindside785 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2020, Rooster wrote:
Quote:

Chris Rawlins sent an email to buyers with instructions, email him if you haven’t gotten the email or check your spam..

Ahh that would explain why I don’t have it. If I’d have known of other handlings I would’ve included mentioning them in the review. But as Chris mentions above I’m sure people will use this in various ways as it’s that versatile.
Pixelated
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
Hi chris, has Jan's handling been sent out? Thanks
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
175 Posts

Rooster - messaged you.

Pixelated - yes. You should have received an email? (It went to everyone that bought. Failing that, PM me. You'll need to own XIDD to access the bonus.

Thanks all.
Pixelated
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
I'll try responding to the email again,thanks
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
175 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 16, 2020, Pixelated wrote:
I'll try responding to the email again,thanks

Great!
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
581 Posts

Profile of no2ss
I haven't purchased this yet, though am familiar with the original IDD and will almost certainly pick this up soon.

Something Drew mentioned in his review intrigued me, where he mentioned what he felt was a weakness of this method, and mentioned Proteus as having similar "pros and cons." So I've been toying around in my head if you can turn both "weaknesses" into a strength, and actually combine Proteus with IDD (or I guess XIDD) to do something that would seem to cancel out the methods of each other... and effectively eliminate whatever minor "cons" there are on both. The more I'm toying with the idea, the more viable I think it is, and so I'm definitely looking forward to picking up XIDD soon.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
175 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 17, 2020, no2ss wrote:
I haven't purchased this yet, though am familiar with the original IDD and will almost certainly pick this up soon.

Something Drew mentioned in his review intrigued me, where he mentioned what he felt was a weakness of this method, and mentioned Proteus as having similar "pros and cons." So I've been toying around in my head if you can turn both "weaknesses" into a strength, and actually combine Proteus with IDD (or I guess XIDD) to do something that would seem to cancel out the methods of each other... and effectively eliminate whatever minor "cons" there are on both. The more I'm toying with the idea, the more viable I think it is, and so I'm definitely looking forward to picking up XIDD soon.

I think that if you, you'll be VERY happy with your purchase.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Elite user
SLC, Utah
500 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Hi no2ss - hope you're well man!

When I referenced a similarity to "Proteus" I was tip-toeing around the issues of limitations/restrictions of the possible drawings (though this shouldn't be perceived by a participant) and the possibility of missing (rare no doubt in the case of XIDD, but could happen).

It sounds as though you and I are thinking along similar lines in supplementing the engine behind XIDD by layering it with other ideas.

After Jan shared his handling with me (it's EXCELLENT by the way - if I were to perform XIDD I'd use a slight adjustment to Jan's) I had the following idea. This will only make sense to those who know Jan's approach:

First try to psi force the image - and use XIDD as plan B.

So, you'd deliver the script in an attempt to psi force (X) and then pick up the first card to commit yourself to the image you believe the participant has in mind. Then, per Jan's choreography/routining, place the drawing back into the stack and remove a new card. This time you'd draw the image you attempted to psi force and lay it on the table.

Invite the participant to draw the image they have in mind.

If the psi force hits you can CLEANLY show that the ONE card you placed down on the table matches.

If the force doesn't hit you can still end successfully with Jan's handling.

My initial review only referenced the material/approaches taught WITHIN the manuscript. If you're able to think creatively and mix Chris' great idea with others then this can become an even more powerful and personalized tool.

Best wishes,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Now Available: OMNI-TEST (Limited Release)
www.mindofandrews.com/omni-test

ARCHITECT OF THE MIND
For more information and to download a free preview visit the link below:
www.mindofandrews.com/colleagues

PENGUIN LIVE ACT: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11689
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
175 Posts

I'm still surprised that with XIDD people seem to be drawing focus towards images. Although that's a strong avenue to explore (As we all know, I love to duplicate drawings) and one that the book dedicates a lot towards, XIDD allows for so much more.

Read between the lines and break the box.

Then you'll see a whole new perspective on what is possible with my concept and the details within XIDD.

Here to help or answer any questions, just email me or PM me here.

I'll be in touch,

Christopher
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » XIDD Christopher Rawlins (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL