The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mentalism Workshop with a bonus you will like. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Manos Kartsakis
Hello everyone.
On Sunday 07/06/2020, I am organizing a Workshop with my friend Luca Volpe. In that Workshop, I will present some of my favourite ways of peeking and secretly acquiring information that are suitable both for stage and close up.
As a bonus, I will share for the first time ever my version of the Mobile Opener (with Lior Manor's permission). This method gives you the ability to borrow a smartphone, have some audience members generate a random number by pressing different digits on the screen of the phone and yet when you make the phone call you can call an accomplice or you can make your phone ring etc.
There have been some popular apps lately that can generate the same effect. However, with my version all of the following is true:
* No apps are used
* Can be done with a borrowed smartphone
* The procedure is extremely straightforward. They generate a random number by pressing numbers on the phone call screen.
* No pre-show. You do not need to have access to the borrowed phone beforehand.
* It is a real phone call. No fake calls.
* You do not need to secretly change anything on the participant's phone. No messing with their settings or their privacy.
You know that I am always extremely honest with the descriptions of my effects. If you have any further questions please feel free to pm me. If you want to take part in the Workshop all you need to do is Paypal me $17 to karma_magician@yahoo.gr and I will send you an email with the secret Facebook group where the Workshop is going to take place. Please note that I will be sending you the link in the same email address which was used in your Paypal transaction. If you cannot join us live on Sunday, the Workshop will remain in the group as a video for a couple of days after the event. After that, both the video and the group will be deleted.
Thank you for your time. Have an awesome day. Smile
Manos
cardistry master
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
So that lets you do an effect like the stranger on their phone?
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

I do not own "The Stranger" app. As far as I know, the app gives you the ability to work with recordings as well as real phone calls and I am sure it has a ton of other features that are great. That's probably why it costs 10 times more than attending the Workshop. Smile
However, if you just want to have random people select random numbers and make a phone call (using a borrowed phone) and have your accomplice pick it up on the other end, then yes, you can do that.
cardistry master
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
That is really cool. Thank you
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
244 Posts

Profile of terrillific
What is the start time for it?
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Italy, Germany and France time 5pm. UK time 4pm. For the US it depends on where you are located. After the broadcast the video will remain on the page for a couple of days so people who have reserved a seat can watch it even if they can't attend the live event.
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
Time of day on Sunday 07/06/2020? Also, you might want to alert folks that the date is in European notation, so it's NOT taking place in July! Smile
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Thanks for the clarification Jonathan. Yes, it is on Sunday June 7th 2020. I mentioned the time on the post above.
Italy, France, Germany: 5pm
Uk: 4pm
US: Depends on the location but you can google it based on the information above or you can contact me, give me your location and I'll tell you.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3375 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Can I still access the workshop via an email invitation if I don't have a facebook account?
cheers
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Since I will broadcasting live on Facebook I'm afraid you will have to have a Facebook account in order to access it.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3375 Posts

Profile of takeachance
What if I'm not watching live, I want to watch the following day
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

It will be up on the Facebook page for at least a couple of days after the broadcast. Let me know if I can help with anything else... Smile
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
538 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Does this work on any smartphone? iPhone or Android? Is it likely to keep working if those OSes make changes? Is there any trace left on the phone itself? Would this work in having it call you if the person you're performing on actually knows your number?

I'm very intrigued and likely to sign up (no matter what the answers), but just getting a sense of this.
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Νο2ss, I always do my best to give the most accurate descriptions for my effects while trying not to reveal the actual method. Without getting into too much detail I can tell you that this works on both iOS and Android and I have been using it for years now although there have been updates and new smartphone models. The only reason I am not saying that it works on ANY smartphone is because I haven't actually tried all smartphones as some are not available to buy in Greece (mainly some new Chinese brands). I have tried it on iPhones, Samsung phones, Huawei, Xiaomi and others and it works on all of them.
As I said, I am pretty honest with my descriptions so I will be happy to demonstrate exactly what it looks like. Just pm me and we will set it up. Smile
Thanks again for your interest.
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

I thought I should let everyone know a few more details about what is going to be in the Workshop. First things first, discussion about peeking methods, routine structure and psychology. I will go over:
• Why write things down
• How not to draw attention to the card/billet etc.
• How to make the participant not even suspect let alone detect that you are peeking information. (Thanks Erdnase)
• Best peek methods (in my opinion). I will give my opinion on impression pads/boards center tears, envelopes, wallets etc.
• Different ways to use the information you have peeked during a parlour/stage show.
• Where to hide impression devices and how to peek the information openly without being detected.
• Combining peeks with other routines (such as which-hand routines for example).

Among other things I will talk about:
• My routine "Drawing a blank"
Description:
This is the peek method I have been using for 15+ years and it has never failed me. The challenge I set to myself when creating this was to be able to leave the room when the spectator writes something down on a card and when I return clearly state that I am not going to touch it again. Then tell them what they are thinking. This is as close as I got to that goal. The card never goes in an envelope, wallet or anything else and the routine feels completely hands-off. Points to consider:
*You are safe even if the spectator's handwriting is really bad or small.
*You are safe even if they decide not to write anything on the card just to mess with you. You will still know what they did.
*No gimmicks. Nothing can malfunction. Instantly resets. Start clean, end clean. I love this routine and I think so will you.
If you already own my book UnVeil you know that all the above statements are absolutely true.
• My routine "Rookie"
A modular 2 phase or 3 phase mind-reading routine that escalates in impossibility. I will go over different versions of it.
• Mobile Opener - Bonus routine.
This routine gives you the ability to borrow a smartphone, have some audience members generate a random number by pressing different digits on the screen of the phone and yet when you make the phone call you can call an accomplice or you can make your phone ring etc.
There have been some popular apps lately that can generate the same effect. However, with my version all of the following is true:
* No apps are used
* Can be done with a borrowed smartphone
* The procedure is extremely straightforward. They generate a random number by pressing numbers on the phone call screen.
* No pre-show. You do not need to have access to the borrowed phone beforehand.
* It is a real phone call. No fake calls.
* You do not need to secretly change anything on the participant's phone. No messing with their settings or their privacy.
Congratulations if you've made it to this point. Last but not least, if you want to take part in the Workshop all you need to do is Paypal me $17 to karma_magician@yahoo.gr and I will send you an email with the secret Facebook group where the Workshop is going to take place. Please note that I will be sending you the link in the same email address which was used in your Paypal transaction. If you cannot join us live on Sunday, the Workshop will remain in the group as a video for a couple of days after the event. After that, both the video and the group will be deleted.
Thank you for your time. Have an awesome day. Smile
Manos
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
538 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Manos, this is great. No need to PM for a demo. I'll be signing up later tonight. I may not be able to watch live, but will absolutely watch the recording. Thanks for providing so much detail.
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

I always want to make sure people know exactly what they are getting so there is no miscommunication. I showed it to the BMWGuy earlier today. I could show to a couple more people. Smile
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2250 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I have known Manos for awhile now.

Upon learning about his version of Lior Manor's Mobile Opener, I paid him $17.00

We had a Skype call about 2 hours afterwards, and he proceeded to talk me through his version of the Mobile Opener.

He fooled me.

Everything about the ad copy is true. No funny business.

After he explained everything, before revealing the main method, I thought I had an idea on how it worked.

Boy was I wrong.

I then thought about it, and realized the method, and thought it was brilliant.

For $17.00 you certainly cant go wrong, plus you will be getting more as well in the workshop.

Manos uses his version as an Opener, and I could see it playing really well.

Congrats Manos, for $17.00 it was a no brainer.

I would have happily paid double the amount.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Thanks to everyone who has contacted me so far and reserved their seats for the Workshop.
This is just a quick reminder that there are 2 days left. The Workshop will take place on Sunday, June 7th 5 pm (Italy, France, Germany time) - 4pm UK time.
Oh, and since this kind of things seem to get more attention than Workshop announcements, what's the deal with Daniel Madison claiming that he is better than Annemann? 😆
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Just a few hours left before we go live on Facebook. If you don't want to miss the live broadcast get in touch. A huge THANK YOU to everyone who has reserved their seat so far. I truly appreciate it. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mentalism Workshop with a bonus you will like. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL