We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Loop Ball Performance (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Someone once posted a link to a video of a woman doing a terrific loop ball routine. I can't find that post now and link now. Anyone out there able to help me find it again?

Thanks for your help,
David
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2020, BeThePlunk wrote:
Someone once posted a link to a video of a woman doing a terrific loop ball routine. I can't find that post now and link now. Anyone out there able to help me find it again?

This may be the one you are looking for -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75dHYB01zpA

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22516 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I referenced the Loop Ball. It was on sale at Martin Breeze International website. Martin Breeze passed away shortly after. His care taker took over the business.

Just checked that Loop Ball with a reel inside is no longer available. So it is not listed any longer.

The video you were looking for, was only on Martin Breeze's website back then. Good that David Todd found the video.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
939 Posts

Profile of Riley
There's a thread about this here:

https://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopi......&start=0

Martin called it the Self Manipulating Billiard Ball.

This was a good idea for a loop ball, and Martin gave me a few of them to play with. My view was the ball was too heavy, not the ball itself, but the reel was held in place with Plasticine. The weight was too much for the reel line, so I replaced the plasticine with polystyrene. This was much better.

I still use it. Sparingly.

Riley
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8793 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have done some interesting things with a fake egg rigged in this manner, but never as a focused routine.

I like what I see here but am afraid it can be overdone for an average audience, becoming boring or risking reveal of method.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5345 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Then there is Jim Cellin doing a simple, short, and magical routine with a standard (actually home-made) loop-ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c81rxaPfWg
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
939 Posts

Profile of Riley
The youtube extract was just a short piece from the DVD that Martin supplied with the ball. The gimmick gave possibilities beyond the loop ball....drop vanishes etc.making use of the extending and retracting loop.

Having said that I love Jim Cellini's loop ball work.

Riley
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
David Todd, that's the one exactly. Thanks, David
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Aha, it took me a while to catch on. A loop ball and a self-manipulating billiard ball are not the same thing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Loop Ball Performance (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL