The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » The mathematics of the 21 card trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

McCritical
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of McCritical
Are there any variations on the 21 card trick out there. There is a simple mathematical formula for figuring out how many cards can be used, and how many times a spectator has to choose the row his card is in (and of course, how many rows are available for the spectator to choose from).

I'm working on an effect where the spectator shuffles the deck, deals out five poker hands (face down), picks up a hand, looks at it and chooses a card from his hand. Etc. Etc.

Someone in the forum mentioned this trick, and it got me thinking about how the original 21 trick is pretty amazing to someone who's never seen it before.

EDIT: I came across a similar handling in a Martin Gardner book. I'm disappointed in his explaination of the mechanics.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » The mathematics of the 21 card trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL