We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card shark spray grids (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2438 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
As seen here: https://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page......rtID=136

I just received these today in the mail and upon opening the package I was immediately disappointed. I was expecting plastic spray grids (kind of like paint tray liners) that were molded to hold playing cards. What they actually are is tag board/paper card stock with punched flaps that you fold up yourself. I cannot imagine these lasting very long or holding up to repeat sprayings. Why would you design something meant to be sprayed with liquid aerosol spray out of paper? I had no idea that what I ordered for $25 shipped was essentially a disposable product. Disappointed.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5065 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have used mine for several years now. Yes, there is some build up from testors and SF and plastic dip but I can still work them to what I need.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2438 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Well that is good news! I hope I have the same experience. I still don’t understand why they wouldn’t make these out of thin plastic. They could even use the same design. Well time will tell I suppose.
Oliver Munoz Gutierrez
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Oliver Munoz Gutierrez
I can recommend them as well. Used them several times without any issues.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1234 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Good point Paul. Also, at least be glad it wasn't some sheets of paper with instructions on how to build it . hehe.

But you are right. Plastic would make perfect sense.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2438 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Well I used the spray grid for the first time last night and it worked flawlessly. It was extremely helpful in holding the cards in place which has been an issue I've had for years. Although I would have liked this to be made out of plastic I think with care it should last quite a while.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2438 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Just FYI, I just got off of a video chat with Christian (a.k.a. Card Shark) about an effect idea I had using one of his double deckers and he was super nice. I truly believe he would stand behind his products and that if there were an issue with one of his items he would take care of it.

I also just realized that if it were made of plastic you run the risk of ruining the cards if you try to put the roughing fluid on heavy. With plastic the fluid wouldn't absorb but would just run which could ruin the cards by having big drips on them.

I am confident that a lot of thought went into these spray grids and I highly recommend them if you like to treat playing cards.

Best,
Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card shark spray grids (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL