The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Card Magic of Nick Trost - Packet Tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1001 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Nick Trost was known as the packet trick king, and I consider this book to be one of the best books on card magic ever published, especially for packet trick work. 8-Card Brainwave alone is probably worth the price of the book! I perform a ton of material from this book, but certainly *most* of the packet tricks I perform come from this book. What are some of your favorite Trost packet tricks, whether or not they're in this book?

https://youtu.be/EEZu9OHUwVI
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @PsychicCPA
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4445 Posts

Profile of Sixten
His Fabulous: "14 Card Oil & Water." WOW! Smile
(Non-gaffed, can be found @ the Lybrary, with Aldo Colombini.)
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4445 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Update: @ the Lybrary, type in: Oil & water 1, into the search box.
jdub
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jdub
Legacy by Jamie Badman and Colin Miller. Easy to do and truly amazing! The only downside is it shouldn't be repeated.
jdub
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jdub
Sorry, I missed the "Trost" in the question.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1876 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2020, Dr. JK wrote:
Nick Trost was known as the packet trick king, and I consider this book to be one of the best books on card magic ever published, especially for packet trick work. 8-Card Brainwave alone is probably worth the price of the book! I perform a ton of material from this book, but certainly *most* of the packet tricks I perform come from this book. What are some of your favorite Trost packet tricks, whether or not they're in this book?

Glad someone else agrees with this being the best card book ever printed. One thing I would like to mention,I have this book but you said you can still get it at L7L Publishing as an "E" book. This is true, but printing all them pages on your printer is really a lot of ink & paper. This is the reason I do not like E books.
At any rete, The Card Magic of Nick Trost is a winner !!
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1590 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
This is an outstanding book. It cost me a pretty packet to buy a used copy on the secondary market, but it was worth it.

I also love his packet tricks with custom cards, like "The Unknown Card" and "Bigfoot" - enormous fun.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5949 Posts

Profile of motown
Klip Joint and Maxi-Twisto
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
redeagle
View Profile
Regular user
South Florida
147 Posts

Profile of redeagle
I think this is the best of them if you could only have one Nick Trost book.
For packet tricks, definitely 8-Card Brainwave and Maxi-Twisto. I personally like his Razzle-Dazzle packet trick very much as well. It's an easier and shorter version of Alex Elmsley's Dazzle with fewer gaff cards required.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
If you want an easier and shorter version of Dazzle without any gaff cards at all, checkout John Bannon's Sizzle.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Card Magic of Nick Trost - Packet Tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL