The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Card Magic of Nick Trost - Packet Tricks (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Nick Trost was known as the packet trick king, and I consider this book to be one of the best books on card magic ever published, especially for packet trick work. 8-Card Brainwave alone is probably worth the price of the book! I perform a ton of material from this book, but certainly *most* of the packet tricks I perform come from this book. What are some of your favorite Trost packet tricks, whether or not they're in this book?

https://youtu.be/EEZu9OHUwVI
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
His Fabulous: "14 Card Oil & Water." WOW! Smile
(Non-gaffed, can be found @ the Lybrary, with Aldo Colombini.)
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Update: @ the Lybrary, type in: Oil & water 1, into the search box.
jdub
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jdub
Legacy by Jamie Badman and Colin Miller. Easy to do and truly amazing! The only downside is it shouldn't be repeated.
jdub
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jdub
Sorry, I missed the "Trost" in the question.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2020, Dr. JK wrote:
Nick Trost was known as the packet trick king, and I consider this book to be one of the best books on card magic ever published, especially for packet trick work. 8-Card Brainwave alone is probably worth the price of the book! I perform a ton of material from this book, but certainly *most* of the packet tricks I perform come from this book. What are some of your favorite Trost packet tricks, whether or not they're in this book?

Glad someone else agrees with this being the best card book ever printed. One thing I would like to mention,I have this book but you said you can still get it at L7L Publishing as an "E" book. This is true, but printing all them pages on your printer is really a lot of ink & paper. This is the reason I do not like E books.
At any rete, The Card Magic of Nick Trost is a winner !!
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
This is an outstanding book. It cost me a pretty packet to buy a used copy on the secondary market, but it was worth it.

I also love his packet tricks with custom cards, like "The Unknown Card" and "Bigfoot" - enormous fun.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Klip Joint and Maxi-Twisto
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
redeagle
View Profile
Regular user
South Florida
147 Posts

Profile of redeagle
I think this is the best of them if you could only have one Nick Trost book.
For packet tricks, definitely 8-Card Brainwave and Maxi-Twisto. I personally like his Razzle-Dazzle packet trick very much as well. It's an easier and shorter version of Alex Elmsley's Dazzle with fewer gaff cards required.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
790 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
If you want an easier and shorter version of Dazzle without any gaff cards at all, checkout John Bannon's Sizzle.
Betrayal Mix
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Betrayal Mix
I'm presuming it is [unless that's the B'wave], but is it the same Brainwave that's taught by Michael Ammar on Easy to Master Card Miracles Vol 1?
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Just a clarification: the ebook is available from L&L (not L7L). I got a message a few days ago from Murphy's Magic; apparently they're taking over L&L. I don't know what that will mean...
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2020, Sixten wrote:
His Fabulous: "14 Card Oil & Water." WOW! Smile
(Non-gaffed, can be found @ the Lybrary, with Aldo Colombini.)

Agree. It's a great routine that's very easy to do!

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
socalguy
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
51 Posts

Profile of socalguy
For those who enjoy the packet tricks of Nick Trost, you might look further into his amazing book series Subtle Card Creations; at lest 7 volumes by now, and maybe more.
There are numerous individual chapters on packet tricks. Highly recommended!
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
TRICK-KARDS (from the CMONT).
salmononius2
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of salmononius2
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2021, socalguy wrote:
For those who enjoy the packet tricks of Nick Trost, you might look further into his amazing book series Subtle Card Creations; at lest 7 volumes by now, and maybe more.
There are numerous individual chapters on packet tricks. Highly recommended!

They're up to 8 already, Volume 8 came out recently, early this year or late last year, I don't remember exactly.
hbenod
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of hbenod
The Card Magic of Nick Trost still has the largest number of golden nuggets than any of his other books. Subtle Card Creations 1, 2 and 3 have the most solid routines of the 7 that I have (this is the law of diminishing returns?). I will be getting the #8 in the series for the sake of completeness but The Card Magic of Nick Trost is Fantastic !! Volume 1 has an appendix of card moves that is more complete than the one he wrote in The Card Magic of Nick Trost and it also has the Matching Cards (Hubbard's version which is fantastic). All in all, this is another vote for The Magic of Nock Trost — beg, borrow or steal— this is a GEM of a book.

Best,

hbenod
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Trick Cards. Best packet trick.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2020, Dr. JK wrote:
8-Card Brainwave alone is probably worth the price of the book!

Do you realize how much the book costs nowadays? I had to spend over $100, and that was just for a used copy.

Even so, it's a terrific book, and 8 Card Brainwave is a terrific trick. I don't think it's a $100+ trick. But very good? Yes.
Tjs3000
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Tjs3000
I've been on the hunt for this book. Missed it on ebay over the summer.

I know a few from this book though.. I love 8card brainwave and trick kards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Card Magic of Nick Trost - Packet Tricks (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL