The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magic in the new normal (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9023 Posts

Profile of funsway
I keep hoping the "new normal" on the Café
is magicians helping magicians and discussing magic ...

and only magic effects and their performance
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2971 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I was watching an interview with Lou Holtz, Hall of Fame Coach who made a profound statement.
"Don't keep me alive to keep me from living"
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
And somehow I am supposed to "research" that? Are you joking or trolling or just don't get it?

I am going to go ahead and doubt it ever happened.



Great. I am not researching South Dakota either, despite your demand. After your tirade trashing sources of information as lies, I am not giving you my sources of information. I have said that before and that is final.
Now lets get back to the main topic.
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2020, davidpaul$ wrote:
I was watching an interview with Lou Holtz, Hall of Fame Coach who made a profound statement.
"Don't keep me alive to keep me from living"



Thanks for that. It is a version of the saying "in the long run, we are all dead" - John Maynard Keynes. It is a "Carpe diem" or "seize the day" type of philosophy.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2020, TheMightyRicardo wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
And somehow I am supposed to "research" that? Are you joking or trolling or just don't get it?

I am going to go ahead and doubt it ever happened.



Great. I am not researching South Dakota either, despite your demand. After your tirade trashing sources of information as lies, I am not giving you my sources of information. I have said that before and that is final.
Now lets get back to the main topic.

So you just make assertions and don't back them up. Got it. Usually though the way it works is you put up supporting information for your claim. It is not up to others to back up your claim. Generally that responsibility falls on toy
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2020, TheMightyRicardo wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
And somehow I am supposed to "research" that? Are you joking or trolling or just don't get it?

I am going to go ahead and doubt it ever happened.



Great. I am not researching South Dakota either, despite your demand. After your tirade trashing sources of information as lies, I am not giving you my sources of information. I have said that before and that is final.

Now lets get back to the main topic.

So you just make assertions and don't back them up. Got it. Usually though the way it works is you put up supporting information for your claim. It is not up to others to back up your claim. Generally that responsibility falls on toy


I clearly explained why in my post. You keep stirring don't you. By the way what do you mean by your last word "Toy" or is that just garbled. You never took any responsibility for your South Dakota demand, or was that a mistake?
Now, back to the main topic (sigh).
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It was a point. But no worries. I don't think you made a mistake, I think you made an assertion you don't wish to back up just to further your point of view.

And frankly it is a pretty big deal. You want to talk about moving the conversation forward and that can't be done if things just get said that are felt as opposed to proven.

South Dakota was an alternative way to handle things is all and I thought that point of view should be represented in any real discussion.

It seems as if you only want to push one point of view and any other is stirring the pot. You don't want to discuss you want to implement an agenda. Which is fine if you just say it and don't disguise it as discussion.

And also it must be exhausting taking to people who think instead of being cowed so yea I get your sarcastic sigh.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
Thanks for explaining the South Dakota thing. (I don't know anything about the place). What happened with the last word "toy" in your previous post? Did you mean something else?
I agree with you that there are lies and distortions in the media, but the tirade you made about sources in one of your posts made me wary about giving up my own personal sources to be trashed. One persons source is another persons "Fake news". It will definitely get much worse as elections get closer and winning becomes all important. Truth will suffer even more. Yes we have to think for ourselves. There are people out there who are trying their professional best, but they are not always the loudest voice.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
They are RARELY the loudest voice.

If you think the source of information it's not relevant ok. To most it dies master. Information with an agenda is very dangerous don't you think?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
Yes, very true.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2971 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2020, TheMightyRicardo wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2020, davidpaul$ wrote:
I was watching an interview with Lou Holtz, Hall of Fame Coach who made a profound statement.
"Don't keep me alive to keep me from living"



Thanks for that. It is a version of the saying "in the long run, we are all dead" - John Maynard Keynes. It is a "Carpe diem" or "seize the day" type of philosophy.


Really? Translation- "The cure is worse than the disease". Don't know how you you come up with those reponses. But hey, I respect your thought process.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
Thanks, I also respect your thought processes. I wasn't being critical.
All 4 statements are appropriate for discussion on where we are now and how we are going to handle the problem of how fast we can get back to work.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Out of curiosity have you been put out of work by this?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
Most definitely. My last performance was a free Zoom Birthday party for a child of someone I know. The next one will be at a Summer Camp in August in a large hall with plenty of social distancing.
Just finishing my 14 days quarantine since arriving from Miami. Probably why your "Are you going to hide in a cave?" comment really irritated me.
Still it is a nice hotel room that I don't have to pay for, so I can't complain.
Looking forward to leaving here and practising with Zoom. I have to work hard to keep everything in view of the camera. Still have to work out a pricing policy and extra lighting for Zoom performances.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So I guess you know that just because it irritated you in no way makes it an invalid question.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
True. Are you also out of work? I assume that bars and restaurants are not hiring right now, but there might be things like Summer camps that are happening over the next month or two.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Broadway shut down so that was the end for me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
Sorry to hear that. Hope things start reopening soon. A big indicator will be if the schools are able to reopen for actual classes at the end of August. At the moment they are talkng about hybrid classes - some days on-line, some days in person.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Not everywhere.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
So I guess you know that just because it irritated you in no way makes it an invalid question.


Hey Danny - do you ever have anything positive, or even informative, to add to a thread? Because reading through everything you’ve written on this one, you seem like a stereotypical grouchy contrarian git who enjoys arguing for argument’s sake.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magic in the new normal (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL