The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magic in the new normal (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2926 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Mask logic? Good idea? Possibly. Have you been out and about? How many people don't have their noses
covered or mouth for that matter. How many people just keep the mask in the car not changing or cleaning? How many people touch their infected masks and touch other things that other people will touch? We live in a world with bacteria and virus EVERYWHERE. We have to get on with our lives and let Herd Immunity do what it does best. Oh..and the MANY Dr.'s, Immunologists, Virologists who disagree with the way things are being handled are being silinced. Why?

HEADLINE after the election with a certain outcome. " Vacine Found" All OK!!...Time to go back to life as usual..
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of David French
Ken -

Your idea of a stationary area/table is perfect. I pitch most of my private parties this way, even before the Covid issues. One other thought, I am going back to one of my restaurants soon. With the social distancing of the tables being 6 feet apart, I am going to have room to carry a small (instand) table. Thus not working on or too close to the guests tables. I like the idea of a stationary area too. It may be a bit awkward for guests in a restaurant to want to come over, but I may just try that!
Count Hatrick
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Count Hatrick
Ken & David, great ideas and responses to the current situation. I like that these options can also open up more performing options.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1124 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2020, David French wrote:
Ken -

Your idea of a stationary area/table is perfect. I pitch most of my private parties this way, even before the Covid issues. One other thought, I am going back to one of my restaurants soon. With the social distancing of the tables being 6 feet apart, I am going to have room to carry a small (instand) table. Thus not working on or too close to the guests tables. I like the idea of a stationary area too. It may be a bit awkward for guests in a restaurant to want to come over, but I may just try that!

Recently I got a PC stand...nice sized top, very sturdy tripod. You can lay a close up mat on the top, or tape/glue it down. The legs are nicely spaced and and give you solid surface. Then easily fold up when it's time to go. It's hefty, not heavy. And reasonable in mid $30 range

https://www.parts-express.com/pyle-plpts......EALw_wcB
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
Quote: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
On Jun 25, 2020, Vandecarr wrote:
"Imgic,
I'm not busking in Kansas City...
But good attempt at a weak ploy
The Kung Flu has a survival rate of 99.4%
It's only dangerous for .06% of people.
If you believe everything you hear on TV you are in serious trouble.
Furthermore, mandatory masks are idiotic!
After 7 months of the virus, making masks mandatory now, is like wearing a condom to the baby shower.
Wake up and smell the toast burning!!!
America has been played and it will continue... Until the day after the election!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't see where you are getting your figures, Vandecarr. This morning the Coronavirus tracker had US cases as 2,590,582 and deaths as 126,141.

According to my calculations ( 126,141 / 2,590,582 x 100 ) is 4.87% deaths. Those states that opened up early such as Florida, Texas and Arizona have admitted that they opened up too early and are now putting restrictions back in because of the sudden rise in cases. Best to ignore the politics and go on the best medical advice. It looks like masks, social distancing and testing are going to be with us for a while longer.
It is unfortunate because we may have to rely more on online magic shows for some time into the future.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea problem with "best medical advice" is we have been admittedly LIED to.

The great people told us masks were not really needed in order to save them for the medical people. They did this for our own good. How can you ever believe a word coming out of their mouths again? And ain't that a problem with liars?

Sorry to break it to you but this is a political issue. Wound up in a web of lies and distortions of the truth to push each sides agendas plain and simple.

But as long as you want numbers from scientists and not online magicians how is the CDC? 0.26% is the rate that they are talking about. I guess you miss the mark with your oh so scary almost 5% number huh? Should we go with your numbers or those of the CDC?

https://in.dental-tribune.com/news/new-e......hos-3-4/
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shot......-thought

It is a POLITICAL issue and the sooner people see this the better off everyone will be. Is it still a pandemic? Yea I guess. Is it super scary hide in our houses pandemic? I am not sure. But if you are going to throw about numbers, please at least use accurate ones. It makes things easier.

It is STILL something to take seriously to be certain. I am just trying to add perspective is all. The difference in a 5% mortality rate and .26 is pretty significant if you ask me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

I just did the math, Danny. It all depends on the numbers you are using. PS. If there are about 2,500,000 cases in the US then 1% of that is 25,000. We know far more than that have died so the death percent cannot be less than 1%. Yes, I agree, there is so much politics and distortion, you have to work to find the real situation.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea did you read the CDC links and such I provided to show you what is wrong with the math you were doing?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Hi Danny, Yes I did.
I think the report has confused the death rate and percentage (mathematically they are different).
I used percentage to be clear.
I am glad you find the 5% death percentage to be scary. It means that 95% of those who catch the disease will survive. If you are healthy and below 60 years old your chances of surviving are much higher. I heard a political pundit debate that it was worth it to open up the economy again.

Anyway the numbers will change slightly from day to day, but if you look at the total cases in the US and you know the total deaths in the US, you can calculate the percentage for yourself. (Why are you relying on reports, when you yourself claim there are so many distortions out there?)

Would any mathematicians care to comment?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea 95% survival isn't bad huh? Again I guess the CDC knows less than you because it is their numbers.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Yes, but 5% death is scary, as you said. As you emphatically said, don't just believe the reports - I agree.
Your reply sounds sarcastic, so I am not sure you accept your own arguments. You sent me the CDC reports "So I could see where I was wrong". You "guess that the CDC knows less than me."
I accept the CDC as a scientific organization, but the reporter seems to have mistakenly quoted the unit rate as the percentage rate.
Looking at the numbers, the CDC implies less than 1%, which looks wrong)?

To see through the "lies and distortions" that you talk about, why not just work out the percentage of deaths yourself. Get a calculator and a source of US cases vs US deaths and work it out yourself. What do YOU get?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Because we don't have a proper T value for the equation. Which incidentally has been the problem from the start.

Without knowing exactly, or close to how many people are actually infected there is no real way to get a death rate of any reliability. It is based on models, much like weather and we know how accurate THAT can be.

If 2,000,000 are infected then 130,000 is a serious number.

BUT if 20,000,000 are infected and 130,000 are dead, maybe it is not as serious huh?

Antibody tests seem to suggest we are WAY off an amount of infected people, and therefore the rate of death.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Agreed.
130,000 is a serious number out of the current cases. I am in Florida for a week, so I am keeping track daily.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea the more learned the more that this is not so scary.

But I AM IN NO WAY telling anyone to not wear masks, not saying don't social distance and not saying to flaunt the guidelines. Just pointing out inconvenient truths is all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magic in the new normal (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL