The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » TCC Artisan Cups and Balls (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aLittleMentalist
View Profile
New user
Skagway, Alaska
42 Posts

Profile of aLittleMentalist
Has anyone purchased these? They look really nice. I was wondering if they really have a nice ring to them.
aLittleMentalist
Daniel A. Day II
View Profile
New user
Apache Junction, AZ
25 Posts

Profile of Daniel A. Day II
I bought a set from Michael Ammar. They are very nice cups. I would not say they ring like a bell or anything. They are machined cups. If you search the Magic Café for the Micheal Ammar cups, someone has a YouTube video on how they sound.

Regards,
Daniel
Daniel A. Day II
View Profile
New user
Apache Junction, AZ
25 Posts

I just pulled out my set and checked the ring.
It is about 1260-hz (a little higher than Eb 6) with a secondary peak at 3400-hz (around A7).
The duration lasts for about 1 second.

Regards,
Daniel
Kit Higginson
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit Higginson
I have a set as well which I purchased from Michael Ammar. If a cup is placed mouth up on the palm of my hand and struck with a sharpie or a wand, it will ring for about 11 seconds. The fundamental pitch of each of these cups is also around 1260 Hz (E-flat 6).

I personally think that the sonic properties of the TCC Artisan Cups are one of their strong points. They are indeed very nice cups.
kcmagic1
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of kcmagic1
I'm curious how the ring is compared to the 1000-G cups. If you watch the video at kristiancharles.com/1000-g. The rings are about a minute in right before the actual cups start showing.
Designer of the 1000-G cups - the most durable cups in magic www.kristiancharles.com/1000-g
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
New user
Skagway, Alaska
42 Posts

Profile of aLittleMentalist
You guys are great! Thanks for sharing! I’m stoked to get a set. They look fantastic.
aLittleMentalist
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2180 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2020, kcmagic1 wrote:
I'm curious how the ring is compared to the 1000-G cups. If you watch the video at kristiancharles.com/1000-g. The rings are about a minute in right before the actual cups start showing.

There is not a set I could find that would last nearly as long as the 1000-G cups and the pitch of the ringing is perfect.
Jake Jr.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
760 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Hmmm. are we playing music or doing magic?
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Daniel A. Day II
View Profile
New user
Apache Junction, AZ
25 Posts

Why not both?

Seriously though, it depends on the tastes of the magician. My opinion is that I like the nice ringing sound of well made cups. Some magicians may not as it may get on their nerves. One ring to reference bells as part of the act. Continuous inadvertent rings during the performance (which could be corrected through practice) may annoy.

Regards,
Daniel
kcmagic1
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of kcmagic1
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2020, 61magic wrote:
Hmmm. are we playing music or doing magic?

It's all about getting attention
Designer of the 1000-G cups - the most durable cups in magic www.kristiancharles.com/1000-g
freakshowjim
View Profile
New user
singapore
66 Posts

Profile of freakshowjim
I just got a set 2 weeks ago... they are PERFECT! No complains .. especially for that price, they are heavy, stacks like a dream, holds a tennis ball, when you put three balls on the saddle it nests perfectly.. and not to it’s important to me the ringgggggggggggggggggggggggggg...... is very nice, the only complain I have is to they don’t have a chop cup.
I own penguin cups, rnt2 foxy 3, Pfd cups and many sets of rubbish chinaindia cups.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
831 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Have you seen what they have been teasing on their Facebook? ENGRAVED CUPS!
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I see everyone is out. So that means it's probably discontinued bummer!!!!!
Allen
ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
467 Posts

Profile of ekins
It's showing as available on the TCC website. If you order from them, have a little patience with the shipping because it's coming from China but expect to get it.

https://www.tccpresents.com/collections/......nd-balls
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
Ekins Thanks for letting me know.
Allen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » TCC Artisan Cups and Balls (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL