The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » ROV vanish to fingerpalm? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

omalley
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of omalley
Hello all,

I am relatively new to coin magic (basically a couple of months, since the pandemic). I am working my way through the material of David Roth, Eric Jones, and others. I have a question about the "Miser's pocket" effect Eric teaches on his DVD metal 2. Part of it involves what he calls a "fingertip retention vanish." He doesn't really go into detail on the DVD; it looks a lot like Roth's fingertip retention, except that ends up in finger palm instead of fingertip rest. I for, the life of me, cannot get this to work without a ton of index finger motion and the knuckle popping (when I do a more standard ROV the "wrist turn" minimizes the visibility of this). Does anyone know if this vanish has been published/explained in more depth elsewhere? Eric's effect here is customizable with different vanishes/palms/productions, so I see why he doesn't give too many tips on it, and I certainly could sub it out for something else that I can perform more convincongly. It looks so smooth in Eric's handling, though, and lets him go into a Ramsey subtlety right away, which I like. So I would be curious to know if it is a published move or if anyone has tips on a fingertip retention of vision to finger palm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » ROV vanish to fingerpalm? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL