The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » InstaCAAN : Smoother than your grannies chip pan (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
fcchief1
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Has anyone PM'd Joel and asked about the missing file he mentions in the video and how to handle the "5" dispute, since Joel said 1,2,3,4,or 5. I messaged 6 days ago but still no response.
loudini1972
View Profile
New user
Central New Jersey
95 Posts

Profile of loudini1972
He said he was going to message me as well about how to handle #5 but I haven't heard back as of yet??
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
393 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
Anyone have an out for the first number and the last number? I hare having to correct the spectator with the “I said between” line. I do like the book solution that takes care of the first number. Two ideas I have, both are probably going way overboard. One is using the SVPD, as an old detective log with notes on each suspect, though I doubt I could age one enough to be convincing. Second idea is to buy a second set. Giving you more options. I haven’t though about placement yet if I do that, and the drawback is it won’t be examinable. Just some random brainstorming. .
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2020, John McLaughlin wrote:
Anyone have an out for the first number and the last number? I hare having to correct the spectator with the “I said between” line. I do like the book solution that takes care of the first number. Two ideas I have, both are probably going way overboard. One is using the SVPD, as an old detective log with notes on each suspect, though I doubt I could age one enough to be convincing. Second idea is to buy a second set. Giving you more options. I haven’t though about placement yet if I do that, and the drawback is it won’t be examinable. Just some random brainstorming. .

Are you saying you can't choose one or five for the first number?
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
393 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
Sorry I need to move my post this should by under the collector trick just released from Alakzamm
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2020, Martin Pulman wrote:
Quote:

One isn't a problem and it's covered in the instructions. 5 is the problematic one (as there aren't numbers 53-59 in the deck).
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2020, Last Laugh wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2020, Martin Pulman wrote:
Quote:

One isn't a problem and it's covered in the instructions. 5 is the problematic one (as there aren't numbers 53-59 in the deck).

I knew five was an issue but I was surprised at the suggestion that one was also problematic, but they were referring to a completely different trick, I see!
fcchief1
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Over 2 weeks and still no reply from Joel on #5 and on the supposed text that was suppose to accompany the trick, he just disappeared it seems.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
Anyone have an out for the first number and the last number?

Invisible Deck
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
thecromulent
View Profile
Veteran user
Brooklyn, NY
390 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
I'm tempted to make this up with a one-way forcing deck, with a contrasting color (so, all KD with a 6C force card). It seems like that might be even stronger. Something about the blank deck suggests that the faces may have disappeared, or been "wiped away." A deck of repeated yet different cards implies that they were always printed that way. I don't know--seems like a small point, but it might make for a good ending.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey guys. I have to say this is a brilliant routine. Simply awesome.

I reviewed it on the latest episode of my review show. I performed the routine in full. Both myself and Ryland gave it 100%. It’s such a great commercial working routine.

Here’s the link to the show with the review. Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/OEAk--2uC5A
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Craig, you have given the wrong youtube link. We all learnt a lot about Cathrin's youtube set up though Smile
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2020, jimesw wrote:
Craig, you have given the wrong youtube link. We all learnt a lot about Cathrin's youtube set up though Smile

Indeed. I wondered why Craig had linked us to a video of a young blonde woman in hot pants demonstrating how she films herself at home. I was hoping she was going to tell us what to do if the first spectator names the number 'five'.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2020, Martin Pulman wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2020, jimesw wrote:

Indeed. I wondered why Craig had linked us to a video of a young blonde woman in hot pants demonstrating how she films herself at home. I was hoping she was going to tell us what to do if the first spectator names the number 'five'.

Haha.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Lol! I’m a giant raving muppet!!!

She’s my favourite YouTuber (you can guess why!!)

Anyway Instacann is awesome.

Here’s the link to the review. Sorry guys.

https://youtu.be/8R10xXfdVbI
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Any contact re the ‘5’ issue anyone?
Mr. Dural
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Mr. Dural
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2020, Philippe wrote:
Any contact re the ‘5’ issue anyone?

Why is this even an issue ?
Just say : There are 52 cards in the deck. I would like this experiment to involve both of you...so you will think of a number under 5, and you think of a number over 5."
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Don't have this but could you not ask first person

Number between 1 and 4

Second person

5 and 9

Seems simple enough as there are only 52 cards.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Once you start drawing too much attention to the number choosing process or the card choosing process then any CAAN or ACAAN is pretty useless. The legend of the Berglas Effect grew because of the impossibly clean nature of the effect. Once you stray too far from that it becomes almost pointless.
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2020, reignofsound wrote:
Don't have this but could you not ask first person

Number between 1 and 4

Second person

5 and 9

Seems simple enough as there are only 52 cards.

I don't have this either, but I have a pretty good idea of how most of it works.
Which means you do NOT want to offer the second spec the choice of 5-9; you need it to be 6-9.

Also you definitely don't want to draw attention to the selection process by quibbling over the definition of "between" 1 and 5. (And making yourself seem like a bit of a d**k).

My solution would be to ask for the numbers exactly as Joel does.
Then IF the first spec says 5, wait till you get the number from the second spec. Then just act like you made a silly mistake -
"Oh bother, that makes 56. There are only 52 in the deck! Doh! Can you give me a number from 1 to 4 instead?"
With this approach, you manage the 2nd spec's decision before you re-frame the 1st spec's options.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » InstaCAAN : Smoother than your grannies chip pan (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL