The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Elvis Peek (147 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1832 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2020, NeilS wrote:
It looks as if this thread could be Never Ending.

And this is only the first part of the trilogy...the American trilogy
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
928 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2020, NeilS wrote:
It looks as if this thread could be Never Ending.

Yep... it's caught in a trap...
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1772 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2020, Ray Pierce wrote:
I was fortunate enough to get a preview copy of this and although I loved his previous work, I already had 2 great full view p**ks I've been using for several years. I know we all search for that one ******r t**r that is better than the rest and that one full p**k that is better as well. It seems that most suffer from unusual "procedure" in some ways. Yes, I'm able to justify it well enough to work but it always locks me into a certain pattern that is required to make everything work. The Elvis Peek solves all of that in such an elegant solution that I can use it in so many ways to switch it up depending on the routine or even situation on the fly. My others also always required such a quick view that it was ok for a small word, number or VERY simple drawing but drew too much heat for anything more complex. This solves all of that giving you chance to get a full question or more complex drawing with ease! I'll admit that I can't see using any other method after this. Without going into too many details, they write something down on a card, they insert it anywhere in a stack of cards (On the table if you want), they mix the cards, you have them visualize it and then give them the answer. It's clean, adaptable and very deceptive. Yes, it took a few minutes to make up the first time (VERY basic) but that's it! This will clearly be my new go to method. Thank you for the thinking and care that went into this wonderful new release!

Ray, thank you so much for taking the time to post your review! I am delighted to read your comments and so happy you find value in The Elvis Peek Smile

Bill
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1772 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2020, 252life wrote:
Stunninger was kind enough to send me a copy and it's what we've come to expect.
Practical, workable simple and direct. His explanations are consistently easy to follow and well paced.
Recently I've been using full card peeks more often and appreciate not having to rush that special moment. This gives you plenty of time and is about as straight forward as it gets.
Bills engaging routine justifies the moment perfectly, and has a built in time delay.
This is something I'll absolutely be using.
Bill is the humble opposite of a squeaky wheel, but anything he offers is worth paying close attention too. This is a no brainer to have in the arsenal.
Thanks tons for sharing Stunninger I'm excited to put this to use.

252life, Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback and for taking the time to post your thoughts! Thrilled that you enjoy the routine Smile

Bill
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1772 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2020, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
Was sent the Elvis Peek by Stunninger and as is the case with his other material - the directions are thorough, the method is simple and the actions are motivated. In the context of how Bill is presenting it, everything feels natural and will go unnoticed. Nice work Stunninger! The hits keep coming.

Mr. Mindbender, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments! Really pleased you like The Elvis Peek, and hope you get good use from it Smile

Bill
ma-j-cien
View Profile
New user
France
40 Posts

Profile of ma-j-cien
Oooooh, this has picked my interest ! :O

When will it be released ?!
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
901 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Obviously a typo. You meant ELFISH. It comes complete with a small mythical creature who does all the work while the magician
gets all the acclaim.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1832 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2020, Barry Gitelson wrote:
Obviously a typo. You meant ELFISH. It comes complete with a small mythical creature who does all the work while the magician
gets all the acclaim.

Elfish sounds like a request a drunk Scots would make at a karaoke bar.
OrderD29
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of OrderD29
There's no specific reason other than that was what you chose to call it.
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
901 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Quote:
Elfish sounds like a request a drunk Scots would make at a karaoke bar.

Exactly.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
ipe
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of ipe
During a deep state of meditation you could see the future and you saw your manuscript named "The Elvis Peek". So you named it in this way avoiding a time paradox and the destruction of our universe. And by the way, thank you. Smile
What would a real mindreader do?
maarten81
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of maarten81
Where can you get this?
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1832 Posts

Profile of David Numen
All the Elvis puns aside I'd like to take a moment to commend Stunninger for the way he conducts business here - it's a model many could do with following.

Firstly, judging by the reviews I've read and the item I personally received, his work is excellent. Well thought out and structured - stuff actually WORTH releasing.

Secondly, he chooses a variety of people to receive his items for free in order to review and I can tell from the language used that the reviews are honest - not people looking to buddy up but people expressing their genuine opinons.

Of course, he wouldn't do the second unless the first was true and he was sure enough of his material and THIS is why we have an absence of people following this model. I really now think that certain people who keep striving to keep their latest releases on the front page of this "room" at the Café and DON'T follow the model know full well that they are releasing weak and derivative nonsense that wouldn't really pass muster.

So let's celebrate Stunninger! Hooray for a genuine soul.
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
No idea what this is like, but his Freek Peek is a great little thing and, based on that, I’m sure this will be very very good for those who get to learn it.

Just to throw a guess into the mix... maybe the peek resembles Elvis’ quiff (way card/billet positioned).

Cheers 👍
Bernice
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Bernice
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2020, Johnsypoppins wrote:
No idea what this is like, but his Freek Peek is a great little thing and, based on that, I’m sure this will be very very good for those who get to learn it.

Just to throw a guess into the mix... maybe the peek resembles Elvis’ quiff (way card/billet positioned).

Cheers 👍

Or the way he curl's his upper lip?
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of dyoung
I have to second David here, Stunninger has got the right idea. Create something decent, share with some people, and let the product speak for itself. I admire his way of working! Also admire the couple of ideas that I've read of his, just solid, practical and workable ideas! This will no doubt not be any different.

He touched me

//Dan
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2185 Posts

Profile of 252life
Have to agree completely with David
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Elvis was a "Seeker". Larry Geller, Elvis' hairstylist, was also Elvis' "Spiritual Advisor".
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1257 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Look over spectator's shoulder and point, screaming "Hey it's Elvis!!!"

Get peek when spectator looks.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2185 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2020, Dan McLean wrote:
Look over spectator's shoulder and point, screaming "Hey it's Elvis!!!"

Get peek when spectator looks.

I’m stealing this approach:) its invisible subtleties like this that turn a trick into a miracle lol
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Elvis Peek (147 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL