The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Elvis Peek (147 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3732 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Thank you Neil for your review. Your opinion is always well respected and appreciated. I look forward in its official release.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1772 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2020, NeilS wrote:
Bill very kindly has given me a peek of The Elvis Peek and it has proved a real delight.

The moves, such as they are, are very clean and straightforward. I have never been one for sleights or like being rushed in seeing and reading the required information. The Elvis Peek suits me fine. Not only do you get the information in a very subtle way but can read it at your leisure. It is mentalism that I like - kept simple but highly effective.

But this is not all.

Watching the explanation was instructive as well as a brilliant masterclass in presentation. The patter and what you tell the spectator really helps to elevate the effect. It just shows how a little more thought to how we present effects can make so much difference.

As I wrote earlier, this proved a real delight - not just the actual very full peek and clean way it is obtained but also what I learnt in how to present (including a fact Bill gave.)

Thanks to the conundrum of why this is called The Elvis Peek, it has already generated a lot of interest. But unlike some releases which have generated a lot of interest and then disappointed, this won't. The Elvis Peek is a first class peek, deceptive, straightforward, clear and, importantly, with the suggested presentation, is a brilliant piece of theatre and entertainment.

Thank you Bill, and well done.

Neil

Neil, Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful and in-depth review! I am delighted you enjoy and find value in The Elvis Peek. Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a thoughtful review.

Bill
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1772 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Thanks to everyone for your continued guesses. Wonderful creativity Smile The contest remains open until midnight Central Time tonite.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Similar to one of my earlier posts, but clarifying that Elvis was a "voracious reader". I think I'm done here, maybe. I do have other things to do. Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
He also had a reading chair in his bathroom. Someone may have made a less direct reference, early on. Done. Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Smile I'm back with "sleeve the pik" anagram Smile
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4288 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
The method got fat over time?

I’m reaching low here.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2185 Posts

Profile of 252life
Lmao
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
music
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of music
It's called the Elvis peek cause it gives you a case of the stink lip. Meaning you have to curl up a section of billet like Elvis curled up his lip?
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1772 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
The contest is now over, having ended this mornin at 12AM Central Time. Thanks very much to all who participated. There were many creative guesses, some of them quite hilarious.

No one correctly guessed the real reason why The Elvis Peek is named as it is. The story goes back many years to a night in the summer of 1977. The date was 16 August. I was on vacation with my family in Las Vegas. After dinner that night, my Dad decided to take us all for a drive, out in the desert, miles away from the bright lights of the Vegas strip. We drove for an hour or so. I recall being sleepy, relaxed with my thoughts drifting. Everyone in the car was quiet.

Out of nowhere, an incredibly bright beam came down from the black sky, engulfing the car in an almost blinding white light. No one panicked. No one moved or said a word. I quickly realized my entire family were in a frozen state. Motionless and peaceful.

I felt my body lift up, rising through the car. I just melted through it. No pain. No noise. Nothing but a serene and surreal tranquility as I floated upwards in the light. I could see I was moving rapidly towards a very large object that appeared black with a series of flashing lights. For a split second I thought I would collide with the craft, but before I knew it, I was through it and on the other side.

TO BE CONTINUED...
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3732 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2020, Stunninger wrote:
The contest is now over, having ended this mornin at 12AM Central Time. Thanks very much to all who participated. There were many creative guesses, some of them quite hilarious.

No one correctly guessed the real reason why The Elvis Peek is named as it is. The story goes back many years to a night in the summer of 1977. The date was 16 August. I was on vacation with my family in Las Vegas. After dinner that night, my Dad decided to take us all for a drive, out in the desert, miles away from the bright lights of the Vegas strip. We drove for an hour or so. I recall being sleepy, relaxed with my thoughts drifting. Everyone in the car was quiet.

Out of nowhere, an incredibly bright beam came down from the black sky, engulfing the car in an almost blinding white light. No one panicked. No one moved or said a word. I quickly realized my entire family were in a frozen state. Motionless and peaceful.

I felt my body lift up, rising through the car. I just melted through it. No pain. No noise. Nothing but a serene and surreal tranquility as I floated upwards in the light. I could see I was moving rapidly towards a very large object that appeared black with a series of flashing lights. For a split second I thought I would collide with the craft, but before I knew it, I was through it and on the other side.

TO BE CONTINUED...

I was so close.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2406 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2020, magicinsight wrote:
Quote:

TO BE CONTINUED...

I was so close.

Must be your psychic talents Michael. I am so impressed.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
931 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2020, magicinsight wrote:
I was so close.

Smile Smile
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1772 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
The story continues...

It took a moment for it to sink in that I was inside a spaceship. You read about these things or see them on tv. But I was actually inside a UFO. I knew I should be terrified, but felt amazingly at peace. There were 5 short, thin grey alien beings, symmetrically spaced in a circular pattern. They looked odd, yet normal. They had very large eyes and heads, not dissimilar to the depictions of aliens in movies. It was cool in the craft, yet I felt comfortably warm.

It was a strange sensation to know they were reading my thoughts. I could also sense thoughts they were sending me, but only thoughts they wanted me to know. I could tell when they were communicating with each other, some of the time. We communicated telepathically.

I looked around the craft again and it here was Elvis. Much larger than the aliens, he had been there all along. Yet I was just seeing him now. He was there, but he wasn’t, at the same time. Elvis smiled at me yet he didn’t move. “How you doin, man? Pretty freaky, huh? You’re in for a real head trip. The food here is great. They have most incredible chicken fried steak.”

Elvis was motionless, yet I could hear everything he was saying in my head and somehow feel his gestures. It was real and unreal at the same time. Reality and fiction fused together. “They know everything, man. They can see into the past, and travel into the future.”

Time rapidly sped up, yet no time passed at all. Over the next several months, Elvis, the aliens and I would travel millions of light years, yet not be gone for more than a nanosecond. We would travel billions of miles, yet stand perfectly still. We would travel through hundreds of space time dimensions, yet remain in place. It couldn’t be possible, yet was. Both, at the same time. All, at the same time.

TO BE CONTINUED...
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2185 Posts

Profile of 252life
This was my second guess exactly and now I’m sorry for not posting it Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
901 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Quote:

TO BE CONTINUED...

That was you........?
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
TonyBrand
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago, IL
489 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2020, TonyBrand wrote:
Because Elvis claimed to have been telepathically visited by aliens when he was a child?

I want partial credit! Smile
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1832 Posts

Profile of David Numen
You can leave us hanging Stunners! Give us the deets, I want!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1772 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
The story continues...

During our time together, Elvis would teach me many things. It turns out he is an accomplished mind reader who performed extensively for many years under the alias...

I awake from a deep sleep. It takes me several moments to realize...it was all a dream. The space ship. The aliens. My time with Elvis. All just a dream.

What then does The Elvis Peek really mean? The answer comes tonite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Elvis Peek (147 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL