The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Thank you, so much... (519 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..18..22..26..30..32~33~34 [Next]
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Nice combination of a CSB and Al Schneider's pop-up move.
The end doesn't really make sense to me - why would the red one not go back to the purse as well if he can make them all travel?
But that might just be me thinking like a magician instead of a muggle.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yeah tons, I like when our creativity mixes things up a bit, it typically can make things more interesting and magical. Bill Cheung is an amazing magician and that he can work the coins well too, well that’s a real cherry on top. I’ve rarely if ever have heard his name mentioned here, and the guy is a world champion. Go figure! 😁

Here’s another guy who is quite clever, known more so for his unique brand of marked cards, but is an amazing performer and clever all-around magician, even with coins… For me, if you could really do magic, it would look something like this… 😉

*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I’ve mentioned this fellow before, but he’s more than worthy to be mentioned again & again as to magic. On top of that, he’s also a heckuva really nice guy. 😊

To my eye, he is as good a closeup man as I’ve ever seen, and not just a magician, but one that studies and appreciates the history of the art, which he beautifully incorporates into his own presentations and teachings. And it’s not just a past time for him but a journey that he has taken on the road, and honed his every ability to be just perfect and always with a good dose of fun added. You’ll see.

I highly recommend you follow his work, as it is just excellent! Here’s one of his many examples that you can learn a thing or two from. 😉 Oh, and did I mention that he’s as good a coin guy as any of them. Just watch here and see why. 👑

OK, class is now in session…

*And Happy Passover and Easter to all. 😊
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
And here’s another one… Be honest, have you heard of him much? 😉

Just beautiful work from this young man. 😊

tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

I'm not sure you can post that video in this forum MB. There's definitely a lot going up his sleeves. Smile

That said, again an excellent find. That's some of the cleanest and most visual sleeve work I've seen in a very long time!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yeah tons, the guy is very good and actually was a child prodigy as to the art. Here’s another take on his coin magic. I like coin magic with various other elements thrown in, when not overdone, they can take the magic in some surprising directions. I tried this sort of thing with Me & My Hat, and was happy it became so popular. This is another take from the young man that’s quite amazing and fun… 😉

tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

I hate to say it, but I didn't find that very compelling. On a video where you can't see his face or talking (it has a feel of being having voice added later), the empty bell (was it just an audio effect?) is completely lost and unimpressive.
He say "look, the box is clearly empty" a couple of times, but you can't actually see inside, so I don't believe it.
Other than that, it was a couple of retention vanishes and the "let's just do a card trick" gag? That doesn't say "prodigy" to me, though I'm sure he has other good work.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yeah, you just saw it with his amazing sl**ving right above. 😁 And mileage may vary as to what you like, but I’m sure it would play well enough with most. He was a very young protege of Shin Lim, so he’s probably pretty good for a FISM Champion to notice. And I see he has done Penquin LIVE amongst other things, so his young journey seems fairly potent at this point…Room for both error and building success.

As to the effect, as I said, I like the elements of it, but do see your points as to the finer things.

But speaking of “elements,” again if magic was real then this is what it would look like, at least to me…WOW! 😊

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
A lot going on in the world today, and a lot of it not so good for a great number of people, and in that at this time, I wish for a most powerful magic for the people of Ukraine. 🙏🏽

Y’know, magic has always been a respite for me throughout my journey, not just because it made me smile but because it helped me to make other people smile. If but for a few moments in their day, I knew they were happy behind me taking them away from the routine of reality. And that reminds me of a story, that always reminds me of how I got into magic and how magic got into me…Thanks grandpa. 😉

Hows about you, how did you get into magic how did you magically make others smile? 😊

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I try to bring you things here that you don’t see much mention of from others. There’s so much good coin magic out there, and this is just another excellent example of, as Paul Harvey used to say…”The rest of the story.”😊

tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Ooh, I really liked the ending of that one. Nicely done.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
What a craze there was behind this trick, and I must admit that I was caught up in it too. 😁 Actually had my own take on it. But I have always believed that the very best of it was initially from a most wonderful closeup guy. You don’t hear much about him any more, but he struck it big in magic out in Las Vegas, mostly from backstage. Anyway, this little trick did the trick for him in a most lasting & memorable way…

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I think of Jay Sankey often as I do most stellar closeup magicians that also happen to be darn good at coin magic as well. Gregory Wilson also comes to mind, as these sorts of guys are infinitely more interesting to watch because of the magical variety they are brilliantly capable of. It reminds me of another creative mind in magic, a guy that can do quite a bit of magic with just about anything, and that he can do it with coin magic as well is a real cherry on top. I like the use of coins in magic as they are immediate and familiar to people. But when you can go just a bit beyond and do remarkable things like this (and you can), 😉 it just blows people’s minds. Here’s a great example of that creativity, thinking and presentation, from another guy that you might not hear much about here, in it’s simplest form, and it all starts with a coin. Nothing hard to it, just a whole lot of fun that truly packs a punch, and it works on kids of all ages…It should be carried in all pockets everywhere! 😁

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I first became aware of this guy while helping out with Master Craftsman, John Jurney’s many awesome coin projects, his amazing Transformer Coin Set. His fine abilities helped to show the greater creativity of the set behind his brilliant sleight of hand. He’s another one that you don’t hear much about around here, but you should, as his magic is much bigger than you might think. Here’s another example of an elite coin guy you should know…

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
WHEN MY HANDS WERE STILL GOOD AND OLD EFFECT CALLED CRIMPTRIX PERFORMED WITH ONE HAND
https://youtu.be/7o9K53TjMaA

THE GODFATHEROF MAGIC
VINNY
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
ONE HANDED MATRIX BY THE MANILA ENFORCER RANNIE RAYMUNDO ...https://youtu.be/grmpq8UHZZg LA FAMILIGA

VINNY
Come check out my magic.

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Https://youtu.be/grmpq8UHZZg FOR RNNIES 4COINS 4 CARDS
Come check out my magic.

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Sometimes, magic isn’t always great. Sometimes it’s pretty simple, and there’s something about that, that I like.

I’ve seen a lot written here about coin boxes and they are typically, somewhat involved routines, but if you just want to do a little something with the box, something like this works rather well on kids of all ages. The sorta little trick that back in the day would’ve made a young shaver like myself always remember the art.

I don’t know this magi, but he’s found his way out there, not necessarily from the top but like many of us here, somewhere out there between The Millionaire’s Magician, Steve Cohen to when I first saw Chris Capehart on the streets of NYC wowing crowds with just the Vanishing Hanky. Somewhere within the mix of all that, from streetlights to the spotlight, there we all are too. 😊

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Another post here reminded me of this guy and one of his classic effects. I remember seeing him doing this trick at a magic convention. What reminded me most of it was being at a dinner party recently and an older guy was presenting the trick. Man, he did it perfectly and it was as magical as the first time I saw it done (and I told him so afterwards). For me, it is a cross between Roth’s beautiful coins across and a Matrix type effect, not with cards but just with your hands. It’s really clever and as I mentioned before that it is worth practicing and presenting as a signature effect. They won’t ever forget you for this one. You don’t hear much any more about this fine magic creator as well, but he came up with some great closeup magic, including some fine coin stuff, like this… 😏

Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Yes, that's a fine piece of magic. One of my all-time favorites.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Thank you, so much... (519 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..18..22..26..30..32~33~34 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL