The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Thank you, so much... (519 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..12..16..20..24..28..32~33~34 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thank you, thank you, thank you... Not just because of the good words about the magic and the new website, but also here as to the recognition of me as just me. WOW!

Oh, and by popular demand, I've decided to pull it out of the shadows and make my MB Transpo PLUS available as we're about to go into a new year. Nice to look back at something so worthwhile as we move forward to hopefully better days. Smile

My old buddy and card guy, Jeremy Hanrahan helped me with this long ago but again, for some reason I never released it. Well, upon heightened and renewed request from the craft (and thanks for all the PMs and emails on it), here it is... Enjoy!

*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Picked up a couple to add to my "MB Magic" collection. Great stuff at great (and fair) prices.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, thanks PD, I appreciate your support of my work. Smile

I appreciate all the interest and compliments as to the NEW website...*Oh, and yes, I just added a manuscript with my new offering of the MB Transpo PLUS. Smile

I've mostly always done this to lend further insight to the effect, how I got from here to there and why I did this & that. The back story sometimes is more interesting than the story of the journey itself. Also, it gives me the opportunity to better explain things and give you a bit more of the story. Smile

Early on in magic for me, when you bought an effect, all you got was the trick and the printed instructions, there were no videos to download, heck, there wasn't even an internet. Smile Anyway, I'm always happy to include this little extra, which for many still remains a big deal as to a physical reference if they so choose to print it out and or maybe just add it to their magic library. Smile

*Check it out & Enjoy! Smile

https://gumroad.com/mb217magic?sort=price_desc#ZaYnc
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Well, got myself quite a few Christmas presents.

Looks like fun. Thanks for putting yourself, and your magic out there MB217!
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thank you, JR and it has been a great pleasure to share my journey with others, and now with you as well...It is what makes it all worthwhile to me. To see others happily able to do all my effects is quite humbling, and I'm happy that folks continue to enjoy my work.

Hey JR, I'm sure you'll find something you like in there, definitely a lot to keep you busy and having fun with. Smile

Thanks again for checking out the website, and I appreciate all the compliments as to it. I will post new and or different effects as we go forward into this New Year.

In the meantime... Happy Holidays to All and Good Will Towards Men. 🎄

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Just want to say, I appreciate all the continuing interest in my works all year through. It’s a new start for me in a new place from way back when to now. I’m excited and very grateful for the journey that has brought me to this point. 🙏🏽

And so, yet again here I say...Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. 😊

Happy New Year 🎉 and Happy New Magic to all. 🎩

And with that...Now Onward! 👉🏽

*PS...Thanks Julie for all the many years of support...You’ve always been there. Much appreciated, my friend. 😉

Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Real quick question: Where do you get the "Chinese coin"?
Mine is so obviously NOT a real coin that I dislike using it, but I see from several of your routines that the hole makes for such a nice obvious difference that using an English Penny doesn't really do the effect justice.

I'm loving the videos and .pdfs by the way. The explanations are easy to understand, and the logic you offer makes sense.
I'm back to carrying coins with me everywhere.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
First, thanks for all the good words, Josh...so happy you are enjoying my work. 😊

The Chinese coin I use is one I’ve had for many years now, not sure it’s even made anymore, most likely not. But if you’re using half dollar size coins, and you want that hole in the middle aspect to it, try a East African 10 cent piece, they are about the same size, and is a “real” copper coin with a hole in it, pretty one, too. 😉

Incidentally, also quite happy to hear that folks are really liking the new website, I really like it, too. 😁

And glad you are carrying coins “everywhere again”, that’s the way. 👍🏽

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
So, glad to see you with your own website. The simplicity and focus of your creations should be inspirational to all magicians.

Any thoughts on having insite discussions/forums, etc? That, a place where folks can share results of learning or using your effects,
or using your presentation approach as a framing model? "Where never is heard a disparaging word ..."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, thanks here funs... Smile I really try to keep things simple...Why? Well, I can remember early on in magic that things weren't all that simple. Back in those days, if you weren't a part of the click to be able to interact with other magicians at local coffee shops where they met, if you were lucky enough. If you were, then that's where you would learn the good stuff. Smile Those were the days. Smile And sometimes books weren't all that easy to understand. So, I always thought that I would try to make it easier for people to comprehend when I grew up, Smile and with the help of the internet and videos, I've happily been able to do some of that.

And yes, I have been thinking of doing even more, and now that the new website is up & running pretty well, I will try better to figure even more ways to make & keep magic fun, 🎼 ...Where the skies are not cloudy all day 🎶 Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
It’s been quite a week of great wins and losses. After taking a good while to reflect and to better understand these deep bends in the road, I now look forward to onward...

Appreciate all the PMs and it is my pleasure to help whenever I can as to my work and any magic I may humbly know a little something about.

And again, I appreciate all the continuous visitation to the website, and as promised I have added a couple new things. And I’ll look to add more of my magic periodically. So, keep checking back as like the road, things change.

Thanks again.😊

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, just checking here... Has anyone heard from Café member, Ray Haining?

He was a regular poster here on the forum for some years, but haven’t seen a post from him in some while now, months..

Just wondering about him in what was maybe the craziest past year for us all in some time now. Anyway, just concerned a bit. If you’ve heard anything, please post.

In the meantime, I continue to hope all is well: 🙏🏽

Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Marion, I'm OK. Just recovering from a bit of a health setback (un-Covid related). I should be back in business soon. Thanks for your concern. Much appreciated.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
So good to hear...🙏🏽

Keep Moving Forward (KMF!)...👉🏽

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I really enjoy stories about magic as they remind me of how I got here in the art. Anyway, here's one that will warm your heart and just make you smile. Smile Upon coming across it again, it inspired me to finally put the finishing touches on an old project and now a NEW offering coming soon to my website, called Gifts From The Old Country, so stay tuned and keep checking back there...Smile

In the meantime here, if you've seen it already, well then, watch it again.Smile If not, get ready for a real treat as in just a few minutes you'll feel a magic that lasts forever. Either-which-way...Enjoy! Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
And yes Luke, appreciate you checking out my work... Smile And yes, it is the old magic that I appreciate the most. It's the magic that I remember seeing as a kid growing up in NYC, the magic I always strived for. Which is why I have such an appreciation for good old SOH. And I also learned the importance of being a bit well-rounded as to close-up magic in general. And that's why on my website, you'll see a few card tricks along with all the coin work... "variety" has its place and tends to make things quite a bit more interesting. Smile

I actually just posted a card trick on the site, Easy-Peasy, and I always post things that tend to make a decent-at-best coin guy (like myself), look like a pretty darn good card man as well. Smile Nothing difficult, but still quite amazing to mix in with all the coin stuff to help make you look like an all-around performer. Smile https://gumroad.com/mb217magic?sort=price_desc#JcNvdX

Anyway, this is a peak at an old friend & Café member here, long gone now, that greatly inspired me onward...He was wonderful with coins, but could really do a fine bit of it all...

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
MB HE WAS THE BEST .......I STILL HAVE TWO DVDS HE SENT ME FROM
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yeah, Werner was quite amazing, and a really accomplished magician, and most respected by his peers in his time.

I'm so glad he took the time to record some of his magic from back then and to post it online, as it shows a real love & fun for the art that carried on for a lifetime for him. I'm just glad his lifetime in magic crossed paths with mine at a time when the internet began to better inter-connect us all. It was a real honor to know him and call him a friend (happier that he thought of me as one), and his fine coin & closeup magic will always be regarded as great encouragement and inspiration.

Happy to just think of him now & again...Wish he was still here to see all the magical stuff I surprisingly came up with. Smile

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Marion he use to talk about the new york coin gods all the time lol
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Marion, you lied, the guy in the MB Transpo Plus is Isaac Hayes, I can sense the vibe...

Great routine
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Thank you, so much... (519 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..12..16..20..24..28..32~33~34 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL