The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Thank you, so much... (80 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8776 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey thanks Pab, but I could never be as smooth as Issac Hayes, but glad to be in any comparison to him and his piece of magic called, "Shaft." Smile

Happy you like the magic, the MB Transpo remains a real favorite of mine. Smile Happy to share it with others as there's so much to learn from it as to some good coin magic, as it really puts the base in your face. Smile

In the meantime, here's another wonderful piece of inspiration as to the art, someone as encouraging to my journey as any of the best I've seen. Proving that you're never too old to learn. And so like the great Yogi Bear would say, "Definitely not your average bear," aka, it don't get much better than this... Smile

*Check out my latest: The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8776 Posts

Profile of Mb217
After looking back here over the past year, I thank you all for so many of the kind comments as to my work and as to me. It is humbling to hear that so many people around the country and even the world enjoy my contributions to the art. I look forward to meeting some of you out there as you look forward to also meeting me . Smile

I remember all the many fine magicians large & small that I came across along my rambling way, and I truly appreciate each and every one of them. They all showed me something worth remembering them by. Which is why I continue to take the time to show you those that you might not have seen, some that you might not know of their works as well as some notable others. It shows that good magic can come from anywhere, and that's about where I learned it from, thankfully from everywhere. And as always, it's not just about me but about us all.

Like Eric Jones, here's another young man I watched grow in the art with pride. I can remember him first being interested in some of my coin work here, and then going on to so much more.. 👏🏽

*Check out my latest: The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10763 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Yes MIKE IS A TERIFIC TALENTED MAGICIAN HIS RING ROUTINE IT IS THE BEST EVER.PERHAPS HE WILL POST A PERFORMANCE OF HIS ROUTINE

VINNY
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8776 Posts

Profile of Mb217
So, to answer some questions from PMs (which I love, so keep them coming)... Smile

Sleight of Hand (SOH) or Trick Coin magic?

I've tried them both, and while growing up was always attracted to the tricky coins in the showcase window at the old Tannen's Magic Shop in downtown NYC. I had all the staples like Dime & Penny, Scotch & Soda, Nickels to Dime, Copper Silver coin, etc. And I still like those old tricks, but to be honest, I feel I didn't really learn good coin magic until I began to develop good SOH. It is the "how everything works" part of coin magic, even the tricky coins are developed off the SOH that the creators want to spare you of. So, they are aware of the SOH involved (and usually quite good at it themselves) to come up with trick coins that help you avoid the usualy more challenging moves of manipulating the coins. Clever stuff for sure, but there ain't nothing like learning the deeper understanding of SOH, it's like a key to go through any door, to go anywhere you want. Smile

There is one more aspect to consider here, and that is to mix & match both SOH and Tricky Coins, when you do, you get the impossible. But it all still takes practice, that's the secret sauce that makes it look like magic. Smile

Some of my work uses both, but SOH is always at the base of it all like this favorite... Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Thank you, so much... (80 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL