The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Rubinstein Coin Magic (97 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2322 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I finally was able to purchase this. I can’t wait to get it so I can dig in!! I love your magic Michael.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Thanks Brian, good to hear from you! Hope all is good, and you and your family are safe during these trying times. Let us know what you think of it!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC SPECIAL:
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Mr Uku
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Mr Uku
It's not often that a book like this comes along at the same time as I have the cash to buy it with. So I decided to treat myself, happy in the knowledge that even if it was beyond my skill level right now, at least I'd have it.
I'm so pleased I bought it, it's really good. Better still, much of the contents are well within my grasp. Having said that, there's plenty that'll keep me busy for a good long while and I know I'll keep coming back to it. There's much to learn in these pages and not just sleights and routines.
Thanks Dr Mike.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
726 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
I still haven't decided if the best part is the Magic or the Puns.
dustrod
View Profile
Loyal user
Western Wisconsin, USA, Earth
213 Posts

Profile of dustrod
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2021, Andy Young wrote:
I still haven't decided if the best part is the Magic or the Puns.

Since everyone with a black and white profile Pic is commenting, I'll add that I completely agree!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Thanks so much for commenting (and love the black and white photos as well lol)! Glad you are all happy with the material in the book. I would love to hear about what you guys are working on! Remember that a lot of the techniques and routines are on video, and can be found on my YouTube channel, Rubinstein Coin Magic.
The way the books are continuing to sell, I am anticipating a fourth printing in a couple of months! I will make sure that Rubinstein Coin Magic will never be out of print.
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7104 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2021, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
I will make sure that Rubinstein Coin Magic will never be out of print.

That is the BEST news! Yes, this is destined to become a CLASSIC!

Doug
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

MIGRATE - My latest release, should be out in around a month. Tutorial just completed. Now just waiting for the rest of the inventory to arrive, and deciding how to package. Here is a sneak preview, enjoy!

https://youtu.be/F0EdZ4VwLWU
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Quote:
On May 14, 2021, gallagher wrote:
...you just sold another Book, Dr.

(On youtube, AFTER this clip,..your Spellbound Clip comes up,..
Rubinstein Coin Magic Spellbound Techniques
https://youtu.be/ZF70QqQe5dA

....very un-fair!)

Alfred Kellerhof's Magic Studio, Bonn,..
thanks you.
...my Lady, Monika, from Beiersbach,...
would probably throw the wooden spoon(!),
she's now holding,...at YOU! 😳

...i'm safely hidden under a pillow! ☺️
gallagher

Thanks Gallagher! I just want to remind people that on my YouTube channel, Rubinstein Coin Magic, I have a playlist with a bunch of techniques and routines found in the book. Please check them out, and feel free to contact me here or by PM if there is something you want me to perform from the book, or to answer any questions you might have on the material.

Bear trick is coming along, just got in the special purses for the poker chip version! I literally spent months looking for just the right size, and after trying out many prototypes I am ecstatic to have found these. Now just waiting for the commemorative half dollars to get here (for the deluxe version) and we can launch this thing!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7104 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Oh man! Gotta get the coins! The wait is...(cringe)

UN-BEAR-ABLE!

dOUG
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Thanks Doug, more details ro follow soon in a separate post!
Just wanted to give a shout out to Mike Dustman, who wrote this in another section:
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2021, Michael Dustman wrote:
I would like to put a plug in for his (Rubinstein's) large new tome. I am about halfway through it and it is probably going to go down as one of the most influential books in not only coin magic, but magic in general. Highly highly recommended.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Third printing just sold out (still available at dealers, but the supply is gone). So, just went into the 4th printing, thanks to everyone who has supported this project!!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Dan Trix is at it again, performing three routines right out of Rubinstein Coin Magic. You picked some winners there, Dan! Keep up the good work!

https://youtu.be/Z6On6n8l1Jw
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

From Robert on the Vanishingincmagic.com site:
"I am so glad I purchased this book. I do believe this book will surpass Bobo's modern coin magic as the bible of coin magic. (Not to say that Bobo's Modern Coin Magic is a bad book) I am going to learn quite a few sleights and routines with this book. Rubinstien Coin magic has given me a new appreciation of Coin magic. The descriptions are clear as well as the photos that are included. For sake of clarity I have only learnt the sleights from Chapter 1 and the beginning of Chapter 2 but like I said before the descriptions of the sleights is so well done that I will be coming back to this book time and time again.

There is a lot of material in this book and I am looking forward to putting in the practice for each sleight and routine in this book.

I always thought Coin Magic was the weakest part of my act and with this book I believe my Coin magic can become a bit more competent

If you have any interest in Coin Magic do yourself a favour and buy this book. You will not be dissapointed."
Thanks so much Robert! Rubinstein Coin Magic is now in its FOURTH Printing!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Reviews have come in from all over! Just saw these on the Propdog site in the UK:
Richard Stone:

"What a FANTASTIC book! If I only get one thing I can use from a book, I am happy. But I can't believe how much great stuff there is inside Rubinstein Coin Magic! Moves I immediately learned to improve what I was doing (the Put Back Move is ingenious!), and many new Spellbound moves, click passes, changeover palms, and his famous R.O.P.S. move (still working on that one!). There are so many great routines as well, that you can carry around for walk around or a formal show. I now carry with me everywhere and do Magnetic Coins and Ungimmicked Copper Silver Brass (and you can use the same coins to do a bunch or other stuff as well!). And not only is the the patter and explanation for his Penn and Teller Wild Coin in the book, but several variations including an impromptu one that you can just do anywhere! Can't say enough good things about this book. Thank you Dr. Rubinstein for sharing this gift with the magic fraternity!"

From Peter Rand:
"This book is extensive, comprehensive, and contains so much incredible material it will take me years to get through it. It is the biggest book on coin magic since Bobo, and the most important since Roth's Expert Coin Magic. One just needs to look at the nine page table of contents to see how much incredible material is contained inside. Twenty chapters, new material and techniques, contributions by some of the top coin guys, and some of the best (or worst) puns you will ever read! And not only that, throughout the book are quotes from the author that relect his own philosophy about coin magic. Wise words indeed! Buy this book, you can't go wrong!"

Thanks so much guys, so glad you are enjoying my book!Pleased to say that not only is Rubinstein Coin Magic now in it's FOURTH printing, I will be getting in a NEW limited supply of books that will be available for signing, and books bought from me will come with a special free gift. Books are set to ship out July 26th, so I should have them the first week of August. Be sure to shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com the end of July for ordering information. Of course if you don't feel like waiting, copies are still available at most magic dealers!!
Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
166 Posts

Profile of Bonz
Well earned Michael!!

Dave
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Thanks so much! Good news, the fourth printing is almost finished, and the Printer will be shipping me a new batch next week! So, if anyone is interested in a signed copy and a special FREE GIFT (related to the book), shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Books have been shipped! A limited batch is arriving Friday!! Be sure to hit me up if you need a signed copy, and the book also comes with an EXCLUSIVE free gift!!! Drop me a note for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
CoinBoy101
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of CoinBoy101
Congratulations, Michael. I'm not surprised to read you have already reached a 4th printing. I got my copy from you of your first printing and I'm still working my way through the book. It's incredibly rich in detailed material. It's an absolute must-read for any coin worker. It deserves its place on any bookshelf alongside Bobo, Roth's Expert Coin Magic and Kaufman's CoinMagic. An amazing work. Thank you for giving us all such a valuable addition to the canon of coin magic literature
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Thank YOU for the kind words! Be sure to check out the YouTube channel and see my playlist called Rubinstein Coin Magic for performances of many of the techniques and routines taught in the book! And as always, be sure to hit me up if you have any questions on the material!!
Books are in! The copies ordered already will be going out on Monday, I usually can mail them the weekday after getting your order in!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Rubinstein Coin Magic (97 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL