The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Rubinstein Coin Magic (97 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Jack Skipton
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Jack Skipton
I too already have the book. It’s a wonderful thing. It sits proudly on my shelf along with my Bobo and Long Goodbye books.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Thanks so much Jack! The book has been reprinted for the Fourth time, and available at dealers everywhere. Be sure to hit me up if you want a signed copy and exclusive FREE GIFT, by dropping me a request for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
In the meantime, found this new review by Robert on Vanishinginc's website:

"I am so glad I purchased this book. I do believe this book will surpass Bobo's modern coin magic as the bible of coin magic. (Not to say that Bobo's Modern Coin Magic is a bad book) I am going to learn quite a few sleights and routines with this book. Rubinstien Coin magic has given me a new appreciation of Coin magic. The descriptions are clear as well as the photos that are included. For sake of clarity I have only learnt the sleights from Chapter 1 and the beginning of Chapter 2 but like I said before the descriptions of the sleights is so well done that I will be coming back to this book time and time again.
There is a lot of material in this book and I am looking forward to putting in the practice for each sleight and routine in this book.
I always thought Coin Magic was the weakest part of my act and with this book I believe my Coin magic can become a bit more competent
If you have any interest in Coin Magic do yourself a favour and buy this book. You will not be dissapointed."
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC SPECIAL:
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

From Jim Straight on the Magicians Forum:
"I highly recommend buying this book directly from the Doctor!

A. It's a great book with tons of stuff.
B. It puts money money directly into the pocket of the creator.
C. My free gift was pretty sweet. I assume the other gifts are comparable."

Thanks Jim! The gifts that come with the book vary, depending on availability, but all are related to the contents of the book. I still have some available for signing, so if interested, hit me up for ordering infornation at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Just got a lovely note from Steve G, who recently bought a copy:
"It’s a tremendously lovely book and very well designed.   I especially loved your choice of heavy, high quality paper and the really great photographs, whose clarity and contrast are amazing.  The whole package gave me the “Stars of Magic” vibe.

Can’t wait to get to work studying!"

Thanks so much Steve!!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7104 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Steve G said:

"I especially loved your choice of heavy, high quality paper and the really great photographs, whose clarity and contrast are amazing."

I totally agree! Plus, the pictures are NUMBERED! The book lays flat, and is a breeze to navigate. The big Bobo book, is like newspaper in comparison!

Doug
jim ferguson
View Profile
Veteran user
Ayrshire, Scotland
382 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
For me, this book has the same problem as the Fleming version of the Sachs book - the hardback cover is so gorgeous, I'm sorely tempted to put it on the shelf without the dust jacket.

Jim
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Thanks Doug and Jim! I appreciate the kind words! Not many people realize it, but I used a blue cloth for the cover with gold stamping as an hommage to the Bobo book! For the fourth edition I had to change the cloth slightly due to an inventory shortage, but it is just a lighter shade of blue.
I still have copies available for signing to those who are interested, and all of the books I sell come with an exclusive FREE GIFT, so hit me up for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com if you have interest!
army of nobunaga
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of army of nobunaga
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2021, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
Thanks Doug and Jim! I appreciate the kind words! Not many people realize it, but I used a blue cloth for the cover with gold stamping as an hommage to the Bobo book! For the fourth edition I had to change the cloth slightly due to an inventory shortage, but it is just a lighter shade of blue.
I still have copies available for signing to those who are interested, and all of the books I sell come with an exclusive FREE GIFT, so hit me up for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com if you have interest!

Hello Mr. Rubinstein,

I ordered your book a month ago and I just wanted to say it is one of the single best purchases I’ve made in my 46 years of life. I thank you.
I’m not like the other guys here- I’m mainly just a slight of hand hack that does stuff for his wife and kids, but this is really great.

I’ll send you an email and maybe I can send you my book and a gift card and prepaid return for a signature? If not; no worries. I understand how busy life can be.

Just wanted to say thank you for writing it.

Currently working on the cartwheel change today Smile.

Nobu
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Hi and thanks for your lovely note. I don't think it's a good idea to mail me your book for signing, and I don't want the responsibility of having the book arriving damaged, or you getting a damaged one back in the mail. I will be glad to send you a signed card, if you send me a self addressed stamped envelope
Hope that helps, and best of luck as you continue on your journey!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

From Mike Close and Craig Petty, to Genii magazine, Rubinstein Coin Magic ALWAYS gets fantastic reviews! A few new comments popped up in the last two days on The Magician's Forum:
Charles Carmichael: "An absolutely outstanding book!"
Codfish 53: "I echo that...amazing content. This is truely a desert island book."
Gd: "This is an awesome book. I think it's even better than Richard Kaufman's book on coin magic, which was the one I always recommended for post Bobo coin people."

Have you taken the plunge yet? Available at all dealers, and if you email me at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I will tell you how to get a signed copy and exclusive FREE GIFT! I still have some copies left, and this will be the last bunch I get in for a very long time (I only get them when the book goes into another printing cycle).
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Literally TODAY I received a note from someone that there was one photo missing from RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC. After more than one year and FOUR printings!! the layout person put the wrong photo into the spot for #892, for Doug Brewer's great routine. Here it is for those who bought the book. And if you haven't bought the book yet, I still have some copies available for signing, and come with an exclusive FREE GIFT. If interested, hit me up for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Glad that with social media I can get the corrected photo out to most buyers. If anyone wants the full resolution photo to print, just shoot me an email and I will be glad to send it.

Click here to view attached image.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Just got a lovely note from Gregg Webb, who is working on the Put Back Move from the techniques section of Rubinstein Coin Magic. This is one of my favorite moves, and in some cases works better than a false count (and it actually works as a false count without seeming to be a count. Anyone else having fun with the move? What else are you working on? Let me know!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

From Rspangl here on the Café under Best books of 2020 (and Rubinstein Coin Magic was voted second place among Café members):
 "Rubinstein Coin Magic. I've been wanting to add a little coin magic skills. This book is a great reference book, and what I like even more is that Michael has video available for many moves (maybe all?) and items in his Penguin Magic lecture are in the book. I like being able to combine the reading with the visual. I'm working on a short routine using the Spellbound move; of course I feel like I already know the Spellbound move. But I like looking over some of the variations of the move that Michael provides. Now that I have a video studio set-up, I think it will be very helpful for me to try the different Spellbound moves on camera to see how they actually look in my hands."
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

From Agaton Atienza:

"I got Michael’s book this year. It’s the only book you’ll need for many years."

Thanks for the kind words!
gregg webb
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I'm on my 6th time through Michael Rubinstein's Coin Magic and it is unbelievable and dense and in-depth, and the credits alone are a post-graduate course in magic. GW
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Thank you Gregg! I am so happy you are going though it with such passion! I am really proud of all the research that went into getting the proper crediting. I am sure there are moves where origins couldn't be traced, ut for the most part I was able to correct many of the common mistakes in print, from Bobo to Kaufman.
epsilon97
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of epsilon97
I just ordered this book. I can't wait for it to arrive!!!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

Epsilon 97, glad to hear you took the plunge! Be sure to let others on this thread know what you think when you get it, and be sure to look at my YouTube channel Rubinstein Coin Magic to see techniques and some routines taught in the book!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

From Daniel Hudson on Facebook:
"Happy New Year!

Thanks for all the great recommendations in my previous post about resources for learning coin magic! One recommendation was for Coin Magic by Michael Rubinstein. This amazing book arrived today & is packed with incredible coin magic! There is enough in this book to keep anyone busy through all of 2022. It will keep me busy for at least the next decade 😊

Hope you have a very magical New Year ✨"

Thanks so much Daniel, and best wishes to EVERYONE for a happy and SAFE 2022!!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4341 Posts

About 7 months ago Dan Trix filmed another few performances of stuff right out of Rubinstein Coin Magic, and somehow I missed this! This time he tackled Sliding Wild Coin, The Wishing Well, and Stand Up coins Thru Table. Enjoy, and thanks again to Dan Trix!
https://youtu.be/Z6On6n8l1Jw
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Rubinstein Coin Magic (97 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL