We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Is Science Friction Visible? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Regular user
UK
102 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
Anyone here own and use the Science Friction spray? I'm about to purchase some (albeit expensive) but I remember seeing a card at Blackpool during someones routine and I can swear under certain light angles I could see a very slight marking across the middle of the card face. Is this magical spray really absolutely invisible when applied to cards?
I know what you're thinking, why didn't I ask the guy performing with the cards, after he mentioned he uses SF, but it was in the bar and we'd had a few beers by then, and it just slipped my mind!!!!!!
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1566 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
What you say about SF spray is accurate. There is a slight haze let say where the product is applied. If looking directly at the card, that haze can be noticed when viewing it from the one bad angle that reflects that haze in the area SF was applied to.

Functionally, I would consider it invisible. There is only one bad angle and unless one is looking directly at it and knows what to look for, it will go unnoticed. There should likely NOT be a time when the application is exposed in a prolonged moment for someone to stare at and notice. Most times, the application is used on the underside of a card anyways, so it is unlikely to be noticed as it usually remains hidden.

I use SF and I don't even think about it being noticed in all honesty.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Regular user
UK
102 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
Thanks Kaliix for your opinion. I shall put my order in for a can of SF.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Is Science Friction Visible? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL