The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » For Lybrary.com users (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Why does no one (almost) use the Secret Forum?

I have been a big fan of the Lybrary.com site for a long time. I've bought tons of stuff from there, as I'm sure many of you have. One of the many great features of the site that almost no one seems to use, however, is the Secret Forum. This is a way of discussing any item you've bought from Lybrary.com which is open only to purchasers of that item. You look up the item on your Digital Shelf (another wonderful feature) and click on its name. You then see a link to the Secret Forum for that trick or book or whatever it is. You can read others' comments and questions and make your own. You can discuss secrets openly since no one but a buyer of the same item can see what you wrote. There is a similar feature on the Penguin site for buyers of particular downloads, and many people use that -- but very few use the Secret Forum on Lybrary.com.

Please, avail yourself of this! I would like to see what you might have to say about some of the things I've gotten from Lybrary.com.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Probably because it's so secret that no-one knows about it. I've used Lybrary quite a lot and I didn't know this was a feature.

Barry
MC Mirak
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MC Mirak
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2020, mindmagic wrote:
Probably because it's so secret that no-one knows about it. I've used Lybrary quite a lot and I didn't know this was a feature.

Barry

Ditto
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
I don't know how I heard about the Secret Forum, but I have known about it for quite a while. Chris Wasshuber is always quick to answer any questions I post there about a purchase from Lybrary.com. Take a look!
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
I just looked at my email and saw that Chris included a note about the Secret Forum in this week's Lybrary.com newsletter. I suggested to him recently that he do that, since it seemed that lots of people didn't know about it.
MC Mirak
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MC Mirak
Man, figuring out how to get there is not straightforward at all. Go to digital shelf, select a product by clicking on it, then click on the upper right corner where it says secret forum.

So far, none of the books I've checked (including 202 methods of forcing) have had a single comment.

Edit: No comments for Practical Mental Effects either, wow. So maybe I'm an idiot?
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Same here. Would be nice if there was just a regular forum and people could place comments on the items they have purchased there.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I didn't know of it either but even though I know Penguin has one, I have tried with ZERO luck to use it. I just prefer to use the Café I guess since I know my way around it.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2020, Hushai wrote:
Why does no one (almost) use the Secret Forum?

I have been a big fan of the Lybrary.com site for a long time. I've bought tons of stuff from there, as I'm sure many of you have. One of the many great features of the site that almost no one seems to use, however, is the Secret Forum. This is a way of discussing any item you've bought from Lybrary.com which is open only to purchasers of that item. You look up the item on your Digital Shelf (another wonderful feature) and click on its name. You then see a link to the Secret Forum for that trick or book or whatever it is. You can read others' comments and questions and make your own. You can discuss secrets openly since no one but a buyer of the same item can see what you wrote. There is a similar feature on the Penguin site for buyers of particular downloads, and many people use that -- but very few use the Secret Forum on Lybrary.com.

Please, avail yourself of this! I would like to see what you might have to say about some of the things I've gotten from Lybrary.com.

This is good to know . I'm a long-time Lybrary.com user, but also had no idea the Secret Forum existed.

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I checked every one of my ebooks last night and not one has a single comment. These (most anyway) are fairly popular titles. Doesn't seem worth the trouble to start from scratch when most titles have a thread or two here already.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I noticed the same. On every ebook I've purchased at Lybrary there is not a single comment in the "Secret Forum" section. I think that feature has been unknown by almost all users. Maybe it will take off now that more people know about it ?
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Well, friends, you see, it's like this: several of you say there are no comments in the Secret Forum about any of the books you have bought on Lybrary.com. That is WHY I started this thread! There are no comments there because you have not entered any! Go to the Secret Forum for any book you have bought that you have a comment or question on and write it there -- and the next time someone looks, they'll see it. Someone has to get it started. See my comments about Incredible Prediction by Devin Knight, for example, or Miracle Mix-Up by Jack Yates.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2020, Hushai wrote:
There are no comments there because you have not entered any!

Gosh, I totally forgot it was all my fault that I did not post my thoughts on a forum that I never knew was there and even now that I do, I still won't use it. I do not need any more forums. Any ebook I have bought from Lybrary that was worthy of discussion has already been posted by me here on the Magic Café.

Smile Smile
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1177 Posts

Profile of Chris
Here is a little tip that makes checking for new comments in the Secret Forum quick. You do not have to open every ebook/video you have purchased in the digital shelf to see if there are any comments. When you are in your digital shelf look to the right side. You will see a search box for the Magic Knowledge Base. And under it you will find up to 10 of the last posts to the secret forum for products you have purchased. If you see no comments then there are no posts for products you own.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
MC Mirak
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MC Mirak
Great tip, thanks! I didn’t even know it was there so I’m still figuring it out. This helps!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I never knew that either!!!! Great to know.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Wow. I didn't know either. Thanks for the heads up!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » For Lybrary.com users (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL