The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Space!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicman8
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
113 Posts

Profile of Magicman8
I need help with where to put stuff. I have almost resorted to hanging things from the ceiling!
We go through life backwards. The past is visible and the future is cloudy, it seems we are walking backwards.-- Terry Pratchet
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Well you're in the right forum. I just organize everything on two or three shelves. For close-up cases go to Lowes. They have a tool case, it is bumpy on the outside and the inside is full of foam with plenty of compartments for every close-up magic prop you could need. Perhaps you could be more specific for what kind of, "Stuff" you need room for?

Shane Wiker
Magicman8
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
113 Posts

Profile of Magicman8
Thanks for the help. Basically just cards and close up stuff that I have a lot of.

Matthias
We go through life backwards. The past is visible and the future is cloudy, it seems we are walking backwards.-- Terry Pratchet
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5734 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Underbed storage boxes, on rollers, work wonders.
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1280 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
I couldn't find the organizers that I bought at Kmart for under $20 but these are close...

http://www.action2k.com/akromils.htm#Organizer

Lots of drawers to hold small items and the ones that I have can be hung on the wall...

On mine I printed labels so each drawer has a lable that lets me know whats inside...

Good Luck Smile
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
bkentner
View Profile
New user
Davenport, Nebraska
61 Posts

Profile of bkentner
If you have a lot of stuff, I like the rolling toolbox idea. Lots of drawers for stuff and easy to organize.
Magicman8
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
113 Posts

Profile of Magicman8
Thanks All. I will try that thanks for the help.

Matthias
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of mdspark
For my close-up and most stand-up stuff, I bought a jewelry amior. This, of course, is more for a situation where it is out in the "open" and won't be an eye sore....This is where my frequently used stuff is held for easy/quick access. Other stuff is packed away in plastic organizers as already mentioned.
prettylady1990
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of prettylady1990
Hi,
I keep my props in a set of sliding drawers and label the outside of them. But if it's close-up magic, the tool case was an amazing idea.

Prettylady
shawn popp
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver
313 Posts

Profile of shawn popp
Wait for Target or Wal Mart to have a sale on Rubbermaid storage bins, then stock up. They are stackable and clear so you can see what's in each one as you're looking for a particular prop sometime down the line.

Good luck,
Shawn
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I have a big book shelf dedicated to my magic books/dvds/etc. That saves a lot of room. The actual effects, I put in my various cases.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
SonSHINE
View Profile
New user
Mesa, Az.
37 Posts

Profile of SonSHINE
Rubbermaid storage bins are the greatest. On one of them I installed Wheels {rollers}. Put your props in and you are ready to put the show on the road. It work's for me! Smile

SonSHINE
Quote:
You can only keep, That which you give away........
Holy Spirit
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I recently created a box of "crap magic." It is the box where I put stuff that is just terrible magic, or that I no longer use. This saves room in my closeup cases and other cases.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Hey, "crap" is a bad word! Where is the grammar host or staff guys?
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Space!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL