The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Performing in another language (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Luke Wolf
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Luke Wolf
Hey there, first post, be nice!

I was wondering what was your experience regarding the performance of your act in another language than your own? How did you tame that beast? Was it difficult? Scary? Easy?

A friend of mine has ot a few close up pieces where he performs in Japanese (a language he doesn't speak by the way). Have you ever considered translating your act or pieces of your act in a language you don't speak?
Russo
View Profile
Special user
801 Posts

Profile of Russo
Did several Birthday Parties for Japanese children in Fort Lee, New Jersey. I knew one phrase -this will be by sound (?) "ko - nee - che - wa " = "Good afternoon" < I'd remember by picturing an 'Ice Cream cone,a knee, a piece of cheese, a baby crying.' The kid giggled and the Parents appreciated the attempt. Also, often I was paid in gift wrapping, NEVER tear gift paper, as it's part of the gift. rr
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Performing in another language (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL