The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Long Distance Spinner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicTrainor
View Profile
New user
New York
35 Posts

Profile of MagicTrainor
THE TRICK: http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=643

THE NUTSHELL: Not for slackers, but good for those who really take interest in flourishes.

THE REVIEW: Rarely do I invest so much time in a flourish as I did with Long Distance Spinner. I find that my practice is better spent on effects than manipulation. Although I’m still fine-tuning it, my Long Distance Spinner ability is performance ready, and looking back on the hours of practice it took me to get there, I’m glad I know it, but don’t know if it was worth it. I’ll write this review, as always, with the facts and my opinions about it. But realize that you may get this and hate it or love it, while this review stands in between those two extremes.

If you’re all about self-working tricks and gimmicks that do the work for you, and I’m not holding anything for or against you in this instance, then Long Distance Spinner is simply not for you. If you’re against practicing in large doses, or just against practicing in general, you should know that this sleight will take a lot of effort to accomplish. I’m dedicated in practicing and even I was about to give up at several points. If you are a good practicer, then I recommend this to you with this note: don’t give up after the first few tries. Like anything, it clicks. Especially having put in the bucks, it’s not worth it to give up. I’ll promise you right now, you won’t get it on the first try. You have to stick with it. Although it is not necessary, I recommend, as does the video, that you have a thumb tip to make the early stages of practicing this easier and less discouraging.

The next question the non-owner might ask is, if I do go and buy this, will it be worth sticking with it. If you are into manipulation, definitely. If you are looking for things to do with a forced card, definitely. If you are not head-over-heels for the effect, then no, I suppose, probably not.
As for the price, it’s totally worth it. There is no doubt about it. Oz teaches the sleight in the greatest thoroughness. The clarity of his instruction in all of his Instant Downloads, makes any of them worth it in that respect. Plus you receive a bonus effect to go with it. For six dollars, this cannot be considered, by any means, a rip off.

In case this review hasn’t reflected it, I have very mixed feelings about it. Ultimately this is not a review where I can tell you to “definitely go for it” or “definitely skip it” because it totally depends on your style of magic.

Personally, I give it a high 6.
- Daniel Tyler
www.streetmagictrainor.com
Overcome Reality.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
You can read the original description in the Tarbell Book of Magic which I recommend that every magician own.
pepijn
View Profile
Regular user
Utrecht (the netherlands)
134 Posts

Profile of pepijn
It can also be found on "Encyclopedia of Card Sleights" by daryl volume 5.(ll pub) Where he credits it to Audley Walsh
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Penguin also credits it to Audley Walsh.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
I have a buddy who does this long distance spinner, but he has to be careful cuz it gets caught under his chin more than once ! hehe
ashah
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of ashah
There is a variation of the Long Distance Spinner which has the same effect but is much easier to do. I can't fully describe it in words, but basically it involves flicking off the top card with your index finger. I think Long Distance Spinner does look nicer though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Long Distance Spinner (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL