The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Bone Conduction Systems (inception or Thought Whisper) (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mattcal80
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of mattcal80
Hello
in the last days I'm searching about bone conduction props.
abviously I find the promystic one, but it's a little out of my price budget.
another option it's the "thought whisper" by tribal minds, more affordable than the promystic but I've some doubt because I noticed some similarities with a bone cuonduction bluetooth speaker (Duramobi Humbird) already on market who sold for about 1/10 of the price of the Thought Whisper. I've seen the photo and the two are very similiar in shape and other details including led and the buttons... my fear it's that the Thought whisper i'ts only a common bluetooth speaker (with bone conduction) sold at crazy high price...

that's some photo of the bluetooth speaker
https://www.google.com/search?q=duramobi......KkmzdoGM

seem exactly the same object than Thought Whisper . here's a photo: https://static.wixstatic.com/media/fcb56......mv2.webp

Thank you for any information you can give me
Chrishue
View Profile
New user
NYC
62 Posts

Profile of Chrishue
You're absolutely right about "thought whisper" being the same product as Duramobi Humbird.
When I brought it up to him on fb he unfriended me and kicked me out of his tribal minds fb group lol
mattcal80
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of mattcal80
Then I think that's a scam. Selling a 25-30$ object for 399$... More than ten times his market value!
mattcal80
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of mattcal80
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2020, Chrishue wrote:
You're absolutely right about "thought whisper" being the same product as Duramobi Humbird.
When I brought it up to him on fb he unfriended me and kicked me out of his tribal minds fb group lol

But have you buyed it?
Chrishue
View Profile
New user
NYC
62 Posts

Profile of Chrishue
I was going to purchase it until I realized what he was doing. I own Inception and Thumb tish (which can be another option for you).
mattcal80
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of mattcal80
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2020, Chrishue wrote:

i think mr dawson have to refund who buy this...
johnhsawyer
View Profile
New user
Florida
52 Posts

Profile of johnhsawyer
Has anyone tried the Duramobi Humbird?

-jhs
mattcal80
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of mattcal80
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2020, johnhsawyer wrote:
Has anyone tried the Duramobi Humbird?

-jhs

I've ordered one. But if you want to see it in action there's a lot of video on line (and you can see that pratically it the same object than Tribal minds thought whisper)
mattcal80
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of mattcal80
In the meantime someone made this page https://www.facebook.com/Tribal-Minds-Th......8094314/
richi
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of richi
Has anyone knows the difference between inception and the Duramobi Humbird?
In price it's a lot.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2020, richi wrote:
Has anyone knows the difference between inception and the Duramobi Humbird?
In price it's a lot.

Inception is actually a device that was made for this purpose from the ground up. It also connects to some other products in the companie's product line so they can co integrate with each other. Reliable and easy to use. The price difference is reflective of the ease of use, the quality, the after sales support, etc.
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
I bought the humbird but you can even hear the music without holding it on your or sombody elses head. So farfor the bone conducting.
Is this the same with inception and thought whisper?
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Every bone conduction device I've used (magic industry or otherwise) does that. If the sound is up too loud, you'll be able to hear it.

The key is keeping the volume low enough that it's not easy to hear in general, but loud enough that whomever's bones you are pressing it against will hear it.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
Even inception? Christopher.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I've never seen Inception in person but I can't imagine there's any way to avoid it. Bone conduction speakers are still speakers. If the volume is cranked up, you'll be able to hear it.

The good thing is that you can have the volume pretty low and people will still hear it when pressed against their skull.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
luiscubanmentalist
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of luiscubanmentalist
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2020, WitchDocChris wrote:
I've never seen Inception in person but I can't imagine there's any way to avoid it. Bone conduction speakers are still speakers. If the volume is cranked up, you'll be able to hear it.

The good thing is that you can have the volume pretty low and people will still hear it when pressed against their skull.

It does.
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
Thanks guys
This is realy helpfull
xtrouble
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of xtrouble
What a ripoff, even for magic !
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I have tried a few of these devices and at first, I was the same. The Promystic one was out of my price range. I purchased another one from France which was about £400. I took it out to gigs and it kind of functioned okay. The issue was, it had no screen which made it hard to work out what I was doing. The unit was actually fairly big which made it hard to palm and after one gig, it stopped working. I returned it, a new unit came, same thing happened. It wasn't thought out well enough. So I returned that and got a refund. I thought to myself, The reactions I got were phenomenal. I knew it was something that would be a 'reputation' maker. So I decided to put the £400 into a savings account and just waited until I could afford the Promystic one. Now I have it, I do not regret it one bit. What's amazing about the Promystic unit is, it's well built and totally reliable. The screen allows you to easily change to a different presentation whilst moving in a venue (if using up close) The working of it is brilliant! So I can use it as a receiver for my Mini MD and then, as soon as I reposition my hand, it tells Inception to now play whichever command is at that colour thorough the unit. It means one spectator can read another mind and I need to do nothing. It is all about them. The fact it interacts with other pro mystic items just makes it so much better. Onto of all of that, industry renowned technical support gives peace of mind when buying something this expensive. I want something reliable, fucntionable and without limitations. This is in my close up set/restaurant set/parlour set and Stage set. Im getting my monies worth to say the least! So my advice (for what its wroth) is just to try and get the Promystic unit.

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
JesterAndrus
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of JesterAndrus
@JamieD Do you have to keep the volume low with the Promystic as well? I have not been able to decipher which statement luis confirmed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Bone Conduction Systems (inception or Thought Whisper) (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL