The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » No Choice Wallet by Tony Miller and Mark Mason (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1985 Posts

Profile of Titanas
"The NO Choice Wallet is sooooo awesome! I put it to use immediately."
- Leonard Lutz

"Best trick I saw at Blackpool by a mile."
- Steve Parnell

A multi-phase routine with a brilliant method. Your spectator selects any card and you place it within your credit card wallet - with no switches. Then show a bank note of any kind within a clip on the back of the wallet. Written clearly on it is their selected card. You claim that they really had NO CHOICE as you hand them the deck showing that every card is blank.

The wallet is only 3 3/4 inches x 2 3/4 inches (9.5cm x 7.5cm)
You can put everyday objects inside, cash, cards, driver's license etc
Also comes with other bonus ideas and handlings.
It can be a different card every time.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=67182

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
403 Posts

Profile of ritty360
Great product from a quality manufactuer! Having bought from Tony before, I can tell you his stuff is well made and he stands behind his products too if you're not satisfied.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Already a long thread on this

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=218

Best wishes Gaz 🙂
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
686 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2020, ritty360 wrote:
Great product from a quality manufactuer! Having bought from Tony before, I can tell you his stuff is well made and he stands behind his products too if you're not satisfied.

Little difference here. No longer made by Tony. They have been farmed out to Murphy's to manufacture.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have one made by Tony as bought it from Mark Mason at this years Blackpool convention , regards Gaz 🙂
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4145 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Tony’s wallets are the absolute best.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4145 Posts

Profile of emyers99
For $60, the blank deck should be included especially since that is the main routine used in the trailer.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2192 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
For $60, the blank deck should be included especially since that is the main routine used in the trailer.

Yeah, I must agree...the blank deck makes it killer
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Could anyone describe the difference between Tony's version and the Murphy's one? There are a couple of things I would change and, perhaps they have been changed!
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Doric
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of Doric
Why start a new thread Titanas when there's plenty of info here? https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=218
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2020, dooblehorn wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I must agree...the blank deck makes it killer

I second that.
A practical worker with the blank deck, that’s that’s been fully tried and tested.

It’s shipping worldwide on August 3rd

MoM are taking orders now shipping from the UK here:

https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/no-choice

I’ve told the team to include a blank face deck FREE in each pack.

Hope this helps
Dominic
joogy
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of joogy
Hi, I'm a novice but got sent an email by Saturn Magic about this trick. Is this okay for someone like myself to perform or do you need to learn any sleights? Also Saturn are saying that you need to get your own blank cards but on this thread I read that some companies are providing the blank cards too.

Hope someone can clarify.

Thanks

Joogy
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2020, joogy wrote:
Is this okay for someone like myself to perform or do you need to learn any sleights?

Thanks

Joogy

I’d give it a difficulty score of 2 out of 5 Joogy. Nothing challenging here but you will need to practice to make it look smooth and natural.. The wallet frees you up to focus on what’s important... your presentation.

Hope this helps
Dominic

P.S. The distributor is now reporting they have sold out so many dealers should also start selling out of their allocations. If you decide you want this for launch day, now is the time to grab one.. whichever dealer/shop you order from.
joogy
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of joogy
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2020, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2020, joogy wrote:
Is this okay for someone like myself to perform or do you need to learn any sleights?

Thanks

Joogy
Thanks Dominic. I also noticed that Saturn Magic in the UK are saying you have to get your own blank deck but I read somewhere on the thread that this is now being sold with the blank deck.

I’d give it a difficulty score of 2 out of 5 Joogy. Nothing challenging here but you will need to practice to make it look smooth and natural.. The wallet frees you up to focus on what’s important... your presentation.

Hope this helps
Dominic

P.S. The distributor is now reporting they have sold out so many dealers should also start selling out of their allocations. If you decide you want this for launch day, now is the time to grab one.. whichever dealer/shop you order from.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5382 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:

Or if not a blank deck then at least a couple of the cards with “No Choice” printed on them for those that wish to perform the routine just like the demo videos.

Sure, you can make one up easy enough, just like you can get a blank deck, but it would have been nice to include a couple of the cards since it would be practically no cost to the manufacturer.

In fact, it could be argued that most magicians already own a blank deck but how many have a card with No Choice printed on it?

Kind of surprised Mark didn’t include everything so it’s ready to go straight out of the box. Maybe Murphys will now include the extras needed to duplicate the demo.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9075 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I’d rather use a standard deck personally and let them shuffle beforehand etc.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5382 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2020, pegasus wrote:
I’d rather use a standard deck personally and let them shuffle beforehand etc.

I like that too although I do wonder if it puts more heat on the wallet. Similar to the too perfect theory.
Whereas with a blank or one way deck it just seems to have a different psychological effect on them. But probably way overthinking it I know.

But I do like purposely leading them to think that every card in the deck is the same and they actually are but not the same as their card. I do think it has a different impact and leads people's brain in a different direction and makes it more likely they will forget about the wallet.
Well, that’s my theory and I’m sticking to it.
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
831 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2020, videoman wrote:
Quote:

Or if not a blank deck then at least a couple of the cards with “No Choice” printed on them for those that wish to perform the routine just like the demo videos.

Sure, you can make one up easy enough, just like you can get a blank deck, but it would have been nice to include a couple of the cards since it would be practically no cost to the manufacturer.

In fact, it could be argued that most magicians already own a blank deck but how many have a card with No Choice printed on it?

Kind of surprised Mark didn’t include everything so it’s ready to go straight out of the box. Maybe Murphys will now include the extras needed to duplicate the demo.

My only issue with the "No Choice" cards is that... if someone goes online and does a search for "that magic trick that has no choice..." guess what they're going to find? I think this is really clever, but I think I'd change the script quite a bit away from the "no choice" version.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5382 Posts

Profile of videoman
Yes, good point. I agree.
Probably best to change the wording to be safe.
dj
View Profile
Special user
947 Posts

Profile of dj
Why is the selected card inserted in the wallet.
How is that motivated?
Why isn't the chosen card placed on the table?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » No Choice Wallet by Tony Miller and Mark Mason (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL