We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ No Choice Wallet by Tony Miller and Mark Mason (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Livermore, CA
568 Posts

Profile of Boomer
@dman11,

Thanks for the link, LOVE it.

Just got my wallet today, it's still wrapped up until I can get some time to play.

Dave
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5005 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yeah I use my own magnet in my back pocket for many a ditch including this and also steel core and magnet coin gimmicks etc etc Gaz 🙂
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1086 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I donít find there to be any angle issues provided the spectators are not standing behind you Gaz 🙂

If you see PROP DOG review on this item, you will see what I mean by angle restriction.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5005 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Well then you know in your mind the restrictions if you believe that review .
I personally donít find that a problem at all and also use a magnet in my back pocket , the ditch goes unseen and is one of the best motivations itís beautifully choreographed regards Gaz 🙂
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1086 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Well then you know in your mind the restrictions if you believe that review .
I personally donít find that a problem at all and also use a magnet in my back pocket , the ditch goes unseen and is one of the best motivations itís beautifully choreographed regards Gaz 🙂

This is not about what I Believe, but merely what I have seen on that review show.
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
I watched the Propdog review and saw how they struggled to review it. I think the fact that they never saw? that type of wallet was one big hang up
for them. I have this and this type of wallet here in the U.S is very common. You put drivers lisc, a credit card and some cash clipped on back and drop
it in your pocket for a minimal setup for a night out for example.
Anyway, I can see myself doing this in the bars and restaurants, when the world opens up again!
I also have and love the Weiser wallet which could also be used for this type of effect but.....not clean in the end. So I use it in a different way.
This is a nice wallet and I personally get a rush off of "doing the move" and getting away with it Smile as I know many of you other MAGICIANS do too.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2097 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
50% off at Hocus Pocus today!!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5583 Posts

Profile of videoman
Love this effect!
I know itís one of those things that some like to pick apart as being illogical because why put their card into your wallet, only to then remove it a short time later???

I know, I know, if you analyze it it seems like it should look suspicious and obvious, and something no one would ever do in real life.
But guess what? It totally flies by people. Your reasoning behind your actions is just plausible enough that spectators readily accept it and never give it a second thought.

So they are primed to be stunned when the magic starts happening.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Hocus Pocus has this on sale 50% off it's $30 on their site.

Good magic to all,

Eric
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5583 Posts

Profile of videoman
If you havenít heard yet, itís half off at Hocus Pocus! 😃
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1274 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Darn, I missed it. I wanted this for my collection.
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
736 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Motivation for placing the selected card in the wallet:

Have an face-down AS already in the wallet at the beginning...Remove and say that most people will say the AS if you ask them to name a card, and if they do - then I have a small miracle, that anyone can do.

Place AS into the deck on the table...which is an AS 1-way deck!

Have spectator choose a card and you place it in the wallet....

Spectator reads on the bill: "You will NOT choose the AS!"

Card removed from wallet is shown to be (for example) the 6H.

The deck of cards are now shown to be ALL "AS"...and somehow they chose the only different card.

As a climax, you remove a Jumbo 6H from your pocket.

The main point is - already having a playing card IN the wallet at the beginning - to give motivation for later placing the selected card also into the wallet.
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
I was the first one to review this wallet on youtube

https://youtu.be/Ir98pwde4W4
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5583 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, Moxahalla wrote:
Motivation for placing the selected card in the wallet:

Have an face-down AS already in the wallet at the beginning...Remove and say that most people will say the AS if you ask them to name a card, and if they do - then I have a small miracle, that anyone can do.

Place AS into the deck on the table...which is an AS 1-way deck!

Have spectator choose a card and you place it in the wallet....

Spectator reads on the bill: "You will NOT choose the AS!"

Card removed from wallet is shown to be (for example) the 6H.

The deck of cards are now shown to be ALL "AS"...and somehow they chose the only different card.

As a climax, you remove a Jumbo 6H from your pocket.

The main point is - already having a playing card IN the wallet at the beginning - to give motivation for later placing the selected card also into the wallet.

Thanks for sharing. I like the psuedo explanation of carrying a prediction card in your wallet. Seems to tie everything together and make enough sense to the spectators that even skeptical ones will accept it and quickly forget about it. This reminds me to move this effect back into the rotation as I havenít performed it in quite a while.

Apologies if I may have already mentioned this previously, but because the No Choice wallet is essentially a for*e, a nice follow up effect is the torn corner rainbow card that Patrick Kun (and possibly others, not sure) sell. Obviously you use a dupe of your rainbow card, and the rainbow card also fits in the wallet window. You may have to trim it just a bit, I honestly canít remember. Anyway, it can live in the wallet and allow you to follow up with it when the situation is right or leave it out.

I even did this routine in a parlor show and ended with lifting up my shirt to reveal a t-shirt underneath with the card printed on it. In the past I had always avoided this kind of ending as I felt it made it seem obvious that their card had been for*ed, but the reaction was so good that I had to change my mind about that.

The point being that once youíve gotten the card into play using the No Choice wallet, it opens up so many possibilities to then go beyond that, which I think gets overlooked a lot and people end it right there. Iíve often thought about placing a dupe inside every book on my bookshelf so if I perform this at home I can cause their card to vanish and reappear inside any book they choose. Iíve never tried that yet but I toss it out there as food for thought.
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
736 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Another thought:

To maintain the "Blank-Face Deck" climax....

Have a "gag card" such as a "52-0n-1" Poker card - face down in the wallet.

Ask someone to name any card aloud...and then show the gag card.

Proceed with the "No Choice" standard routine.

Again, the "gag card" being in the wallet at the beginning - gives some justification for later placing the spectator's
selected card also into the wallet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ No Choice Wallet by Tony Miller and Mark Mason (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL