The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Resigned to Miracles (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
136 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Hi all,

To clarify matters: "Resigned to Miracles introduces a method for secretly obtaining genuine signatures from one or two spectators on the backs of playing cards.".
This is to say that the secretly obtained signatures are on the backs of playing cards - NOT ON THE FACES.

As I state in the book, and as Madison has written in his comprehensive review, this is not really an issue. But I do want it to be quite clear, as I don't want to appear as misleading.

My best wishes,
Peter
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Just as an update: I will DEFINITELY be trying this in the real world. (I’m just waiting on the supplies to arrive.)

I will report back with the success of the routine on laymen. I’ll let you know exactly how they react.

Madison
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3885 Posts

Profile of emyers99
While Fade In will get a lot of attention (as it should), Bizarre Assignment might be the best item in the book. You can read a description in Madison’s spot-on review. I never really liked Bizarre Vanish or Bizarre Twist but Peter’s version takes these plots into the stratosphere. I really wish I could have seen Bizarre Assignment performed live before I read this book because I’m pretty sure my head would have exploded. I will definitely be using it. I really think this will legitimately destroy spectators.
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
136 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2020, doug brewer wrote:
This is an excellent book, well written, and very very clever thinking.

Thank you Doug. Your words means a lot to me.

My best wishes,
Peter
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
136 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
@Madison:
I look forward to hearing how it turns out.

@emyers99:
I'm glad you took a liking to Bizarre Assignment. Paul Harris is, in my opinion, simply the best.
The sequence on the Bizarre-theme can be performed without utilizing the concept, but having the selections signed does enhance the impact.

My best wishes,
Peter
magicattorney
View Profile
New user
Charleston, South Carolina
16 Posts

Profile of magicattorney
I have it in my hand and have begun reading it.

Quote:
On Jul 25, 2020, Peter Gröning wrote:
Hi all,

Together with premier writer and publisher Stephen Minch, I have written
Resigned to Miracles. It's published and released by Hermetic Press, and
is available at Penguin Magic:

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/13888

My best wishes,
Peter Gröning
Harry Patter
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
This is an amazing idea and a wonderful, easy to read book.

I wasn't sure what to expect but disappointed was high up the list. In fact the book contains a brilliant trick which could easily be sold as a stand alone effect for Ł30, the rest and the use of Peter's concept is like very thick icing on the cake.

It's available in the U.K too, which is great because I'm not a Swede (though I know one or two).
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
136 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Harry Patter,

Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it.
I'm glad you like the concept and I hope you'll find use for it.

Actually, my initial thought was to publish this as a stand alone item, but I decided not to. The main reason was I wanted to convey my thoughts on applications, which can be so much more than just the obvious "card to impossible location". Though there's nothing wrong with that, there's so much more to discover.

If you have any questions on this, send me a pm or post it here, and I'll do my best to answer

My best wishes,
Peter
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
136 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Hi all,

Resigned to Miracles made it into Penguin's latest Top 20 list:
https://vimeo.com/444230817

My best wishes,

Peter
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4026 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I’m halfway through this book. ***, it’s very good. I suspected what materials I would likely need and I was bang on thus glad that I don’t need to order or make anything else to do the material in the book. I think virtually anybody that picks up this book is going to be absolutely delighted by it. Excellent work.
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
928 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Anywhere in the U.K. stocking this or do I have to order via the US?
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
136 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2020, kissdadookie wrote:
I’m halfway through this book. ***, it’s very good. I suspected what materials I would likely need and I was bang on thus glad that I don’t need to order or make anything else to do the material in the book. I think virtually anybody that picks up this book is going to be absolutely delighted by it. Excellent work.

Hi kissdadookie,

Thank you for your kind words. I’m glad you liked the concept, and I hope you’ll find use for it.
If you have any questions, post them here or send me a pm, and I’ll do my best to answer them.

My best wishes,
Peter
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
136 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2020, jbadman wrote:

Hi Jamie,

I don’t know if you recall, but I used to ”hang out” at TSD back in the days. Nice to ”see you” again, and thanks for showing interest in my book.

I know some dealers in Europe will carry this, but I don’t know when. I can find out and get back to you, if you’d like?

My best wishes,
Peter
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4026 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2020, Peter Gröning wrote:
Quote:

Hi kissdadookie,

Thank you for your kind words. I’m glad you liked the concept, and I hope you’ll find use for it.
If you have any questions, post them here or send me a pm, and I’ll do my best to answer them.

My best wishes,
Peter

Already have many ideas for this. I also perform something that uses the core concept here but your addition and ideas with the signatures makes the thing I already perform regularly a whole lot more powerful now. The resulting secrete signature(s) really allows one to have a virtually infinite number of possibilities in terms of what they can do with a signed card.
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
928 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2020, Peter Gröning wrote:
Quote:

Hi Jamie,

I don’t know if you recall, but I used to ”hang out” at TSD back in the days. Nice to ”see you” again, and thanks for showing interest in my book.

I know some dealers in Europe will carry this, but I don’t know when. I can find out and get back to you, if you’d like?

My best wishes,
Peter

Hi Peter - of course I remember! Partly why I know this book will be a gem!

Miss TSD... especially the conventions!

Don’t worry about finding somewhere... I’ll get from Penguin!

Cheers

Jamie
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Dr. JK
View Profile
Special user
Sandusky, OH
975 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Today I released my review of Resigned to Miracles from Hermetic Press and Penguin Magic.

Let me know your thoughts on the book as well!

https://youtu.be/gJsj2fTkSQ4
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.psychiccpa.com
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
136 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Jeff,

Thank you so much for your very comprehensive review. I'm floored by your effort effort and your insightful comments. You give very sound advice.

My best wishes,
Peter
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
136 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Quote:
Already have many ideas for this. I also perform something that uses the core concept here but your addition and ideas with the signatures makes the thing I already perform regularly a whole lot more powerful now. The resulting secrete signature(s) really allows one to have a virtually infinite number of possibilities in terms of what they can do with a signed card.

Hi kissdadookie,

I'm glad you can use this on something you already perform, and I have an inkling of what it is. Smile

My best wishes,
Peter
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
136 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Quote:

Hi Peter - of course I remember! Partly why I know this book will be a gem!

Miss TSD... especially the conventions!

Don’t worry about finding somewhere... I’ll get from Penguin!

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I miss TSD too. Unfortunately I never was able to attend a convention. I hope we'll meet somewhere else some day. Smile

Thanks for having faith in me and my material. I think you are going to like it.

Take care,
Peter
Harry Patter
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
Quote:

PropDog are stocking it - it was reviewed on their FB Live.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Resigned to Miracles (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL