The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » New TENYO 2021 (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
872 Posts

Profile of gitty
WALTHER
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Thanks for sharing gitty!

Looks like the two non card tricks are unusual/unique.

Only 3 so far. May be 2 or 3 more coming.

It will be interesting to see the demos.

Funny but it feels like the 2020 tricks just came out! I really like most of those.
Cebulon
View Profile
New user
Germany, BW
92 Posts

Profile of Cebulon
Yes, thanks a lot for sharing this. Would also like to see video performances of these upcoming tricks. Especially to see how the coin is pulled through the hole in this silverish retro-style plate. And I think a forceps is not used that often in magic tricks which also makes this trick a bit unusual.
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of mattH
What are the black amd yellow things with holes in?
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4973 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I got an email from Hocus Pocus with 4 clever effects. I think I will order all.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2547 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I ordered two of them.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 24, 2020, mattH wrote:
What are the black amd yellow things with holes in?

They change places repeatedly in your hands. In essence, the yellow one turns black and the black one turns yellow.

Looks interesting!
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of mattH
So two of the four are in the classics line, so I'm hoping for 2 more new effects?
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Tenyo usually announces all of the new releases at the same time although one year, two of them were made available sometime later. Those were made in China and not Japan which may explain the different release date of those two.

Of course, it certainly is possible that they are delaying the announcement of some but I kind of doubt it. Time will tell...

By the way, the 3 new ones look good and would hit the spot for me personally. I am not counting the deck as a new release because, although it is a new release for Tenyo, the Cheek To Cheek deck is actually an old classic trick deck familiar to many old timers like myself.
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of mattH
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of mattH
For tweezers see also
https://youtu.be/9hQaxaX7-5A
Cebulon
View Profile
New user
Germany, BW
92 Posts

Profile of Cebulon
Personally, I like "Honeycomb" and "Tweezers" best so far. "The Blur" also seems to be a fun trick, but since I'm struggling with poor eyesight, I'm a bit reluctant with this one.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Wow "Tweezers" looks awesome !
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of robfind
Umm Cheek to Cheek, really? They have run out of ideas for sure.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 22, 2020, robfind wrote:
Umm Cheek to Cheek, really? They have run out of ideas for sure.

It is nothing new for Tenyo to release their own brand of classic decks. They have been doing that for years. I believe that the reason they release them is so Japanese magic lovers can acquire classic trick decks. So, they are released for sales in Japan and not really for other countries.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3491 Posts

Profile of takeachance
These are out of stock everywhere. Not sure when they will be back. Did anyone get the chance to get any of the items for a quick review, good or bad?
cheers
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3491 Posts

Profile of takeachance
OK, just heard they usually release end of October to November sometime.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 28, 2020, takeachance wrote:
These are out of stock everywhere. Not sure when they will be back. Did anyone get the chance to get any of the items for a quick review, good or bad?
cheers

They are not sold out. They are not available for purchase in the US yet. The sites showing them are just getting ready for when they do get them.

That will happen sometime in November or December.

You can see demos of the 2021 line on YouTube. Those are demos by Tenyo and maybe a demo from someone in Japan who already have them since they should have already been released there. In addition, there are opinions of them here on the Café in another thread. Those opinions are based on watching the demos and not by actually handling them.

IMHO, all 3 look promising! It appears that one is the Tenyo version of an effect already available, another appears to be based on a currently popular optical illusion, and the third is an interesting deck routine using the distortion of a deck of cards.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3491 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks Magical Moments. So do you have to pre order as they go out of stock quickly or just wait till the release?
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

I am confident that there will be plenty of stock available when they first become available so not to worry.

Ultimately, that decision is yours of course.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » New TENYO 2021 (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL