The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » New TENYO 2021 (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Magical Moments
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
I really liked the Tenyo releases for 2020. Still having fun handling them. A nice lot of Tenyo magic and for me, the best in years.

Not so happy with the releases for 2021. I have no interest in learning and performing the Tweezers. Blur is okay but not something I would use. I do like Honeycomb and will perform that one as soon as I can go somewhere and do that.

So, IMHO, not a great year for Tenyo but not a problem for me because I am still enjoying the tricks for 2020. You cannot beat 4D Cross! Good old fashioned Tenyo prop like they use to do quite often.
DavidHo
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of DavidHo
I have purchased the four 2021 Tenyo tricks as presents for grandsons, one 11 years old, the other 8. Obviously, I don't want to open the Tenyo packages, so could someone who knows them all rank them in difficulty. The 11-year-old will get the two more difficult ones. (I know cheek-to-cheek, but that doesn't help me rank the four.) Thanks in advance.
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
Tweezers is one of the most disappointing tricks i’ve ever come across. The gimmick is downright stupid. I know most gimmicks are but this one takes the cake. It is hard on the fingers, requires an unnatural grip/movement (if you’re left handed forget it). It is angle sensitive and cannot be examined. Total waste of money. You’d be better off getting an ordinary pair of tweezers and going from there.
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1944 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Hi Everyone!

I have just uploaded a YouTube review of The Blur.

Enjoy!

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of robfind
I haven't opened blur yet, but, I would say the 2 easiest would be honeycomb and cheek to cheek. Both very simple if you can t**n something o**r. On another note, maybe Tenyo actually reads this stuff and knows how disappointing 2021 tricks are. So Tenyo send out a second wave of items, because, 2021 is AWEFUL!!!
Magical Moments
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

What usually has happened in recent years or so is that you will find a fantastic demo of one or more of the new releases and all of a sudden, you will like it. That is because the demo was so well done that you cannot help but to like it. Sometimes there is a new version of the effect and very creative.

So...time will tell if we really like the new Tenyo releases.
mshanker
View Profile
New user
Frankfort, KY
89 Posts

Profile of mshanker
I bought Tenyo’s Honeycomb recently. It is superb! The angles are great for a Zoom performance. In live performance the spectator has to be in front and only in the front. But that’s not a great constraint. Someone said in an earlier post that their 8-year old wasn’t impressed. That’s probably because he was at eye level. It’s a great trick, just be aware of your angles.
Manoj
Gazoo
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Gazoo
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2020, mshanker wrote:
I bought Tenyo’s Honeycomb recently. It is superb! The angles are great for a Zoom performance. In live performance the spectator has to be in front and only in the front. But that’s not a great constraint. Someone said in an earlier post that their 8-year old wasn’t impressed. That’s probably because he was at eye level. It’s a great trick, just be aware of your angles.

Is it examinable? I'm just now really getting into Tenyo.
Gazoo
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Gazoo
Just recently started to recently get into Tenyo. The stuff reminds me of magic toys I bought as a child, but obviously more complex and not the old cups and balls and egg trick.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1478 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey guys. I reviewed Magical HoneyComb on the latest episode of my review show. Ryland performed it as well.

This is a very clever routine and is a typical Tenyo item. I don’t think many working pros will perform it but it looks good and is fin to practice.

Here’s a link to the review but any questions let me know.

https://youtu.be/Me_qFRgRjD8
[url= http://youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualmagic
'Magic TV YouTube Channel ' by Craig Petty[/url]
Magical Moments
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Your son is a bright young man and a fine magician! You are very blessed to have such a wonderful son!

I enjoyed that review show very much. Looking forward to more reviews from this fantastic father and son duo.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » New TENYO 2021 (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL