The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Think of One by Allan Kronzek (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2020, mshanker wrote:
Think of One creates a miracle. The "fishing" people have mentioned is minimal and is really part of the banter between the performer and the audience member. I haven't read Allan Kronzek's book, but am quite happy that he collaborated with Penguin to present this borrowed deck miracle.

I agree. It’s a great effect and disarming. I picked up the book on sale and it has some other good effects but this one is my favorite.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
Having looked at TOO, TAS and AK47, Think and Sync has less fishing and can result in miracle result as well. Happened about 1/2 the time for me. Other half just play it like Carey and still pretty decent. Fewer steps. Also a false shuffle during fish helps I think.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Having picked up a bunch of junk drawer hype lately, I want to put in another great word for this. If you're looking for truly shocking anytime, anywhere routine, this is it. You will fool many with this one.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Oh how quickly the hype and our short attention spans move on hunting for the next one. For me, time is the greatest test of an effect's worth. I'm happy to say, many many months (and many bad buys) later I love this. Again, having the spectator count off cards sounds horrendous. But I assure you it is well justified and honestly forgotten at the time of the reveal. This one will be in the repertoire for life.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Axman
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of Axman
[quote]On Mar 4, 2021, Platt wrote:
Oh how quickly the hype and our short attention spans move on hunting for the next one. For me, time is the greatest test of an effect's worth. I'm happy to say, many many months (and many bad buys) later I love this. Again, having the spectator count off cards sounds horrendous. But I assure you it is well justified and honestly forgotten at the time of the reveal. This one will be in the repertoire for life. [/quotei

I agree. I’m still using this. It’s become a real favourite
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
100% agree here with Mr. Platt. This is still a great and worthwhile trick, I have used it at every close up gig since.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
If Platt recommends, that's enough for me. I just bought this, only half-way thru the tutorial currently, but so far I LOVE it.
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2021, Platt wrote:
Oh how quickly the hype and our short attention spans move on hunting for the next one. For me, time is the greatest test of an effect's worth. I'm happy to say, many many months (and many bad buys) later I love this. Again, having the spectator count off cards sounds horrendous. But I assure you it is well justified and honestly forgotten at the time of the reveal. This one will be in the repertoire for life.

I have to agree with Platt, this is a true gem. And I find it fun to perform because the scenario you work with and how you adjust your script is a bit different every time.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Uhhh ohhh, sounds like I need to look more closely at this one.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I had forgotten about this for awhile but remembered it at an informal celebration and it plays very strong. The little bit of process goes by fast and is quickly forgotten. I’m a big fan of this one.

-Theodore Annemann
trebeseer
View Profile
New user
S FL
53 Posts

Profile of trebeseer
I can put in a yes vote for this one. It's a fun, borrowed deck mindreading effect. I bought the download at Penguin a few months ago and had fun with it a few times. I Like the different endings you need to learn. I even repeated it.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Allan’s book is fantastic and this is one of the gems. Did it three times today and it’s fun to perform and gets great reactions. Great jazz magic.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Not a fan of the fishing requirements before the reveal.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, pegasus wrote:

I’d usually agree, but this does seem to fly by and be forgotten. For whatever reasons it just plays well. Definitely one I’d say give a few tries before making a final decision.

-Theodore Annemann
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, 252life wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, pegasus wrote:

I’d usually agree, but this does seem to fly by and be forgotten. For whatever reasons it just plays well. Definitely one I’d say give a few tries before making a final decision.

I agree. Worst case scenario and the fishing is very minimal.

And the best case, it looks close to mind reading.
Kassim
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Kassim
You could use the subtlety that john bannon uses in his variation. this way you are only asking 1 question
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I think the concern for most people is the instructional portion, I actually enjoy the revelation as is. But again, I’m a fan of this effect

-Theodore Annemann
John7
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of John7
It's a bit unclear how you deal with the situation where there's two cards of the same colour in the spread
trebeseer
View Profile
New user
S FL
53 Posts

Profile of trebeseer
If I remember correctly, all the outs are covered on the video.
John7
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of John7
I've only got the book but never mind - I think I've figured it out. It was just me being dumb.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Think of One by Allan Kronzek (45 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL